A few questions about Public Sessions and Championships in RS Center.

After doing last Rally Club event I acquired a taste for online playing and I am looking forward to the RDRC next weekend. However it looks nice to me to join also some Public Sessions or even a Championship through RS Center, but although I have read the tutorials some things are still not clear to me. Unfortunately the rallyesim.fr website is a bit confusing.
At the moment I have the following questions, but maybe some more will arise:

1) When Public Sessions are passworded, how do you find out what the password is ? Or are these sessions, in general, mainly sessions created for private use by the creator ?

2) When I want to do a Championship, do I have to sign in for it at Rallyesim.fr first and if so where/how do I do that ? (Of course I already registered there).

3) When I click on Championships in RS Center I get the warning: "You use the dot [.] as the decimal separator, this is a known cause of error in launch of a track." What does this mean ? Clicking OK does open the Championship window btw.

4) When I click on a rally in RS Center it opens in Internet Explorer. Is it also possible to have Firefox as the default browser there ?

1. They are made like our RDRC and Club rallies, so there is no way to find the passwords, unless you are a member of that particular community! :)

2. First of all, you must choose cars in your garage for every championship, after that is done, you can sign up for rallies in the calendar. To be able to score 'rallyesim points'. However, you do not need to sign up for rallies to be able to drive them, just to score points. If you drive, without signing up, you will still be in the results and all, like normal :)

3. No idea - screenshot?

4. Not as I am aware of.

Thanks for your quick reply.
I attach a screenshot of the error message.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 343
I will try to reinstall the track pack and see if it helps. But is it necessary to reinstall/reapply other parts of RSRBR after that ? Btw, the error message does not appear with Public Sessions.
My desktop picture is part of a collection wallpapers "Digital Blasphemy Wallpapers", that I found "somewhere". There are many other, very nice, pictures included in various resolutions.

Nope, you do not need to install other parts as far as I know, but I've never installed the track pack by itself after everything else :)
Hm, sounds like the same problem I have with one of the NGP-packs then, in championship mode it tells me it isn't installed, while I use it offline and in public sessions.

Got a reply meanwhile from Obelix in rallyesim.
It had to do with a setting in Windows under Language Options. I had to set the decimal symbol from a . to a ,. Did that and the error doesn't show up anymore.

Btw, about signing up for Championships or not: When you don't sign up, you can also see your results compared to the other drivers but you only not get points ?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 169 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 455 39.3%