A few questions about my new G27

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I bought a new G27 today. I couldn't test it enough yet, because assembling the (also new) Fanatec wheel stand lasted longer than I thought. I had everything mounted, assembled and adjusted and discovered then that I had to plug in the power adapter and the connectors from the pedals and the shifter. So I had to disassemble partially again.
Now I still have to assign all the buttons in the games and to find good settings for FFB etc.
However after a quick test in a few games I have some questions:
1) I noticed that the shifter indicator leds don't work in every game. In GSCE and Dirt 2 for instance they do work, but in AC not. Can that be correct ? Does the game have to support it ?
2) When I click any button while on the test page of the Logitech software (not the Profiles page, but the page where you can check if every button etc works correctly), the wheel begins to turn wildly. Is that normal ?
3) Do any of you use the Clutch pedal for braking ? I am used to braking with my left foot and still find it difficult to accelerate and brake with my right foot (that is called heel-toe ?

1: Use Fanaleds to get the shiftlights working. Ac is bugged when it comes to asigning buttons .
2: Mine does the same, think thats normal.
3: That would just be wrong :) . Heel toe is when u have your toes on the brakepedal, and your heel on the gaspedal at the same time. Mostly used when downshifting.

*Edit autocorrect

Upvote 0
Heel toe is when u have your toes on the brakepedal, and your heel on the gaspedal at the same time. Mostly used when downshifting.
Just want to clarify a bit on this, it's called heel/toe, but it's not actually literally that, it's more like "toes and the part of your foot behind your toes on the brake pedal and hitting the throttle quickly with the side of your foot", your heel is probably not doing the work on the throttle.
Might be that in some cars the pedals are so far apart that you'll ACTUALLY heel/toe, but I'm not sure about that.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your replies.

I installed Fanaleds and at first sight it works nice. Didn't try it with all games yet but in AC it's fine.
Do I understand it correctly that you don't have to do anything apart from letting it run in the background ? So it is not necessary to load an "Active Profile" for a game and that the profile is loaded automatically ?

And if I don't want to use the H-Shifter and/or the Clutch Pedal is it best to use the paddles for shifting ?
If so, should I forget the H-Shifter or can it be used for something else ?

Upvote 0
i have discover many problems with the G27, and so will you. But here is a bit of advice, : Change the setting in your G27 files from directx 10 or 11 to direct 09 u will find a big diffrence

Upvote 0
@John Grant: How and where should I do that ? I couldn't find anything related to DirectX in the Logitech folder.

Btw, I am beginning to wonder if something is wrong with my G27 and then with regards to FFB. I already talked to Bram and we checked my settings in Logitech Gaming Software and in AC and made a few adjustments. But I still cannot drive the way it should be imo. When I drive straight on, I can turn my wheel a little bit to the left or right without any resistance, but when I go a bit further I get a rather high resistance and it is much more difficult to turn the wheel. Taking a turn I have to apply rather high forces on the wheel. Moreover, when I turn the wheel beyond the "dead zone" I mentioned before I feel a strong grinding/rattling as if I driving over the kerbs but then stronger even when I am on the tarmac

I had the same in GSCE and found an advice in another forum to delete the realfeel.dll (of course made a backup). After that it was a bit better but still not to my likings.

So could it be that I have a faulty G7 ? I haven't driven with a FFB wheel for some years, but I cannot remember that I had the same issues with my DFGT a few years ago.

Upvote 0
i set my Force-feed to only 40 %, dead zone and all others at zero, degrees turn to max 200 pref. at 187. this is rather a real problem with G27 all seem to struggle with is. i wish Logitech would wake up and do something

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing