Cars A few problems with model conversion to Assetto Corsa.

Hello everyone! I'm extremely new to model conversion and so far I've successfully converted 3 models from Forza 4 into Assetto. I've ran into a few problems that won't effect the cars usability and some problems that do. I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me solve these problems so I can improve and make higher quality conversions in the future! :D

Jaguar XF-R 2010 - (Black backgrounds to interior buttons and badges)
Jag_Full.PNG

This was the first car I converted. As you can see, the outside of the car looks almost perfect and I'm incredibly happy with the shaders giving the car a nice shine. However, the problem is that on the interior, the buttons and badges on the center console & seats suffer from a black background instead of being transparent. Is there a way I can fix this so that only the correct buttons and badges are there?
Jag_Seats.PNG

This was also before I found a texture library available online, so the seats are extremely shiny and have very little detail. I'd like to improve these seats when/if I find a fix to these badges.

Ford Fiesta Zetec-S - (Black backgrounds to interior buttons and badges)

Fiesta_Full.PNG

The Fiesta also came out perfectly on the exterior. However, it suffers from the same problem as the Jaguar. All the interior buttons have the same black background and ruins the overall look of the car.
Fiesta_Interior.PNG

It took several attempts to get this car to work in game for whatever reason. Whenever I tried to load the game it would crash immediately. Content Manager said there might be an error with the analogic instruments. By some miracle by simply copying the base files of a different mod and dropping the already edited fiesta config files (Analogicinstruments.ini , power.lut etc), the car worked perfectly in the game.

I'm currently having the same problem with another mod I'm trying to get working which I will list next

Vauxhall Monaro VXR

Capture.PNG

This car is giving me nothing short of hell.
As mentioned with the Fiesta, this car I simply cannot get to work in game. Whenever I try and launch a race with the Monaro, it will just back out and say 'Race Cancelled'.

Is there a way I can find out specifically where the problem lies with this car? Like a checklist required that a car must have to load into a race.

Things I have tried:
  • Adding brake disc animations to brakes.ini
  • Making sure speed/rpm dials are correctly named and positioned in analogicinstruments.ini
  • The name in lods.ini is the same as the .kn5 file. (No lods and an out distance of 2000)
  • Wheel blur is removed in blurredobjects.ini as I do not add rim blur to my cars.
    unknown.png
  • Mirrors are named correctly in mirrors.ini
  • Car has sound taken from a Corvette C7 using Content Manager
If anyone knows what the issue could be I'd greatly appreciate it! I can get these models converted now in an hour or two but when I can't get the car to work in races it takes days-weeks.

Peugeot 207s Super2000

2000_Exterior.PNG

This car has a pretty serious problem, whenever it drives over even the slightest bump, the suspension breaks and the car slides along the floor or launches into space. Is there anything I can change with a config file to fix this or does this sound like a model problem?
2000_Interior2.PNG

Once again the car suffers from the same black textures where it should be transparent.

This car uses a digital dashboard which I have no clue how to make work in Assetto. Is there a decent tutorial that will go over this and maybe even the screens in the dashboard of the Jaguar and Fiesta?.

General Questions

I've been trying to get 3D mapping to work so that I can add livery support to these models. So far I've only been able to change the colour of the cars by changing the colour of the NoDamage_Lod that is unpacked using ForzaStudio.

unknown.png

I've tried rendering out a map using 3DS Max and using it as the 'Map' section when assigning materials in KsEditor. When I do this the map will show the wires of the map in the editor, but when you go in game after adding a map to the skin's folder, it will be a flat/matte colour of white with no livery in sight.

How can I make the car user a templated livery for the body panels instead of the nodamage_lod?

I may add more questions to this in the future! :D

Thanks for reading and I hope you can help me with these problems! It will be greatly appreciated! :D
- Cyber5042

Capture2.PNG

Let me put it as short as possible...

Ripping a model from another game is wrong. There's cases where it's okay, such as having very clear permission, but otherwise it's simply "stealing" someone elses work. Don't do it, please.

I can get these models converted now in an hour or two but when I can't get the car to work in races it takes days-weeks.
...and you expect people that keep working on their scratch made cars for many months or years to spring to your help now?

you issue there is fixable with one click btw

Let me put it as short as possible...

Ripping a model from another game is wrong. There's cases where it's okay, such as having very clear permission, but otherwise it's simply "stealing" someone elses work. Don't do it, please.

I completely agree mate, that’s why I will not be releasing any of the conversions and I’m doing this simply to improve my knowledge of 3DS Max and Assetto. They will not be leaving my computer.

Once I get more comfortable with 3DS Max I’d like to start making my own body panels for the cars and then eventually my own cars themselves.

Hope this clarifies my intentions mate!

...and you expect people that keep working on their scratch made cars for many months or years to spring to your help now? Boohoo poor guy. Go back to facebook and try it there....

you issue there is fixable with one click btw

I apologise for wording that the way I did mate, it did sound rather snobbish of me.

I’m doing this as I’m currently at the very bottom of the learning curve simply trying to understand the steps involved at the beginning and work my way up from there.

As mentioned in the other reply, my next step is to start creating my own body panels for cars and then hopefully one day, my own cars themselves made completely from scratch! I will also not be ‘releasing’ these conversions at all and will stay strictly on my own system.

I’m currently teaching myself from scratch and starting to learn mesh manipulation techniques and creating my own textures.

I’m not meaning any disrespect to anyone by asking for help with questions such as this. My goal one day is to make my own models and understand how to implement them into games.

Hello everyone! I'm extremely new to model conversion and so far I've successfully converted 3 models from Forza 4 into Assetto. I've ran into a few problems that won't effect the cars usability and some problems that do. I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me solve these problems so I can improve and make higher quality conversions in the future! :D

Jaguar XF-R 2010 - (Black backgrounds to interior buttons and badges)
Jag_Full.PNG

This was the first car I converted. As you can see, the outside of the car looks almost perfect and I'm incredibly happy with the shaders giving the car a nice shine. However, the problem is that on the interior, the buttons and badges on the center console & seats suffer from a black background instead of being transparent. Is there a way I can fix this so that only the correct buttons and badges are there?
Jag_Seats.PNG

This was also before I found a texture library available online, so the seats are extremely shiny and have very little detail. I'd like to improve these seats when/if I find a fix to these badges.

Ford Fiesta Zetec-S - (Black backgrounds to interior buttons and badges)

Fiesta_Full.PNG

The Fiesta also came out perfectly on the exterior. However, it suffers from the same problem as the Jaguar. All the interior buttons have the same black background and ruins the overall look of the car.
Fiesta_Interior.PNG

It took several attempts to get this car to work in game for whatever reason. Whenever I tried to load the game it would crash immediately. Content Manager said there might be an error with the analogic instruments. By some miracle by simply copying the base files of a different mod and dropping the already edited fiesta config files (Analogicinstruments.ini , power.lut etc), the car worked perfectly in the game.

I'm currently having the same problem with another mod I'm trying to get working which I will list next

Vauxhall Monaro VXR

Capture.PNG

This car is giving me nothing short of hell.
As mentioned with the Fiesta, this car I simply cannot get to work in game. Whenever I try and launch a race with the Monaro, it will just back out and say 'Race Cancelled'.

Is there a way I can find out specifically where the problem lies with this car? Like a checklist required that a car must have to load into a race.

Things I have tried:
  • Adding brake disc animations to brakes.ini
  • Making sure speed/rpm dials are correctly named and positioned in analogicinstruments.ini
  • The name in lods.ini is the same as the .kn5 file. (No lods and an out distance of 2000)
  • Wheel blur is removed in blurredobjects.ini as I do not add rim blur to my cars.
    unknown.png
  • Mirrors are named correctly in mirrors.ini
  • Car has sound taken from a Corvette C7 using Content Manager
If anyone knows what the issue could be I'd greatly appreciate it! I can get these models converted now in an hour or two but when I can't get the car to work in races it takes days-weeks.

Peugeot 207s Super2000

2000_Exterior.PNG

This car has a pretty serious problem, whenever it drives over even the slightest bump, the suspension breaks and the car slides along the floor or launches into space. Is there anything I can change with a config file to fix this or does this sound like a model problem?
2000_Interior2.PNG

Once again the car suffers from the same black textures where it should be transparent.

This car uses a digital dashboard which I have no clue how to make work in Assetto. Is there a decent tutorial that will go over this and maybe even the screens in the dashboard of the Jaguar and Fiesta?.

General Questions

I've been trying to get 3D mapping to work so that I can add livery support to these models. So far I've only been able to change the colour of the cars by changing the colour of the NoDamage_Lod that is unpacked using ForzaStudio.

unknown.png

I've tried rendering out a map using 3DS Max and using it as the 'Map' section when assigning materials in KsEditor. When I do this the map will show the wires of the map in the editor, but when you go in game after adding a map to the skin's folder, it will be a flat/matte colour of white with no livery in sight.

How can I make the car user a templated livery for the body panels instead of the nodamage_lod?

I may add more questions to this in the future! :D

Thanks for reading and I hope you can help me with these problems! It will be greatly appreciated! :D
- Cyber5042

Capture2.PNG

Can you do the Focus RS mk1 and ST 225 please......

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 193 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 378 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.7%