A few extra hands to help running the AC Racing Club

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Hey all,

As both Matheus and Tobias have done a great job in running the EU racing club during the last year both have unfortunately other obligations during the coming months (starting and graduating from uni, good luck fella's :thumbsup:). Therefore we are missing out on a few helping hands in the clubs.

Currently we have space for a few new motivated staff members who would like to join our team here at RaceDepartment.

We've got vacancy's in the EU, US and AU zones and when you are interested do get in touch with us and become part of the RD team in 2017.

Happy new simracing year :)

Hey all,

As both Matheus and Tobias have done a great job in running the EU racing club during the last year both have unfortunately other obligations during the coming months (starting and graduating from uni, good luck fella's :thumbsup:). Therefore we are missing out on a few helping hands in the clubs.

Currently we have space for a few new motivated staff members who would like to join our team here at RaceDepartment.

We've got vacancy's in the EU, US and AU zones and when you are interested do get in touch with us and become part of the RD team in 2017.

Happy new simracing year :)
Bram,

Good day and Happy New Year to you! I'd love to get involved in helping with AC Racing Club for the US. I live in California (PST time zone) and have found it more and more difficult to find races that coincide with this time zone. I'd be more than willing to help organize some races (I'm particular to GT3, but I'd be willing to help where needed). Let me know what you need and when you'd like to connect to chat. I'll send you a PM with my email address.

Roosevelt

hi
i could help in the AC series races. But could you explain what to do and how much time i have to invest?
thx
hape (Germany)

As far as scheduling and setting up a race, from what I've seen so far it's not too much time, just create a thread with the combo/schedule but you copy/paste an existing template and change out the specifics for your combo so it just takes a couple minutes. You can create a header image or there are some stock ones to pick from. Then you'll need to update the OP as people sign up. So you need to know the basics of editing a post and uploading an image to a post.

Setting up the server is probably the tricky part but even that's pretty easy. We'll provide you with the port numbers and settings to enter, then you just pick the track/car/number of laps, save it, and then access the server via a remote connection and paste the two server files into the server/cfg folder on the remote server, restart the server.exe and you're all done. There's a couple other small details, but that's the gist of it.

As far as scheduling and setting up a race, from what I've seen so far it's not too much time, just create a thread with the combo/schedule but you copy/paste an existing template and change out the specifics for your combo so it just takes a couple minutes. You can create a header image or there are some stock ones to pick from. Then you'll need to update the OP as people sign up. So you need to know the basics of editing a post and uploading an image to a post.

Setting up the server is probably the tricky part but even that's pretty easy. We'll provide you with the port numbers and settings to enter, then you just pick the track/car/number of laps, save it, and then access the server via a remote connection and paste the two server files into the server/cfg folder on the remote server, restart the server.exe and you're all done. There's a couple other small details, but that's the gist of it.
hi Brandon
thx for the explanation. So it sounds that i can manage that. So if the team agrees i'm in. Pls let me know what decision is made.
hape

hi Brandon
thx for the explanation. So it sounds that i can manage that. So if the team agrees i'm in. Pls let me know what decision is made.
hape

@Bram will probably get in touch with you and discuss any things that I may have left out. The main thing is to have a combo up every week, consistently, in the same day/time slot so people can plan on when the races are happening and get used to being there every week, and of course attend your races whenever possible. :thumbsup:

• Deleted member 130869

May I just ask that the 962 (and maybe C9, C9 Sprint, and eventually 787B) be considered for servers, especially not just Spa or 'Ring :inlove:. Endless GT2/3 and trackday servers already, nothing to differentiate.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 305 13.0%