A Favour? Help with Town track

Hi, I'm planning on building a rally stage based around my hometown in the countryside, using real public roads, and I need help getting started. I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to lend a hand as I'm very much a novice at this?

If I provide the Google Earth .kml file so you can see the layout, could anyone here map out the roads for me on BTB? With the correct elevation and width changes and the basic surrounding terrain? (I.e hills/fields/skybox) I will be creating all the buildings and objects by hand and putting in all the trees and street furniture etc myself but I'm no good at getting the roads smooth with real-life elevation, or joining them up seamlessly with others at junctions, can't even do the pavements or patches of concrete like driveways properly tbh xD

Anyway, would be very much appreciated! You would of course receive credit whenever the track is finished.

- Dan

I've tried using that before and not only is my track longer than the 500 points the free version allows it also simply doesn't smooth out anything at all for me. I put the .kml file in 3d Route Builder, add elevation and smooth it out, put it in BTB and it's still like driving on crinkle-cut crisps. The elevation's all there but the road looks like corrugated concrete. I don't get why I always seem to be the only one getting these problems xD And the only way to actually make the road vaguely smooth is to flatten all the nodes so I lose all elevation.

I find when using real-life tracks the best option is to import the .kml, then import a screenshot from Google Earth or something similar, then to smooth out the path in BTB because the kmls usually turn out a bit jagged.

Also, about what you said about flattening all the nodes being the only way to smooth elevation, here's my tip: make sure you use the 'little pink dots/thin lines' that come out from the node. In general, the further you pull them out, the smoother your road turns out.

When importing, make use of the Merge option. The track will have fewer nodes so it will be smoother.

It also helps if you don't create too many points when you make the path in Google Earth.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 339 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 172 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%