A "Doh!" moment

Tim Ling

It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work
Feeling a bit stupid right now (no comments please :p )

At the F3000 race yesterday I had big problems spinning off after the slow corners. If I had 1/2 a memory (or brain) I would have remembered I asked a similar question right here, and taken some diff lock off, and possibly soften the slow bump :censored: :frusty:

Any bets on how long it will take me to forget next time?

BTW thanks to Nico for the setup overall, I knocked over 4 seconds off my pb with it :cool:

Heheheeh!!!
You will remember for this next time
I had a "doh" moment in my first race online when i was started with fuel for qualify.... two laps DOH !

LOL been there done that.... was so chuffed at actually qualifying well that I forgot to change to the race set up. Even better the very first time online I went through all the sessions and forgot to click on race, there I was thinking it would just roll on through from the menu to the race :pound:

Feeling a bit stupid right now (no comments please :p )

At the F3000 race yesterday I had big problems spinning off after the slow corners. If I had 1/2 a memory (or brain) I would have remembered I asked a similar question right here, and taken some diff lock off, and possibly soften the slow bump :censored: :frusty:

Any bets on how long it will take me to forget next time?

BTW thanks to Nico for the setup overall, I knocked over 4 seconds off my pb with it :cool:

Oh how I wished I could of been at Interlagos in the F3000, I have loved that track ever since Geoff Cramonds GP2..and of course watching Mansell and Senna battle it out wheel to wheel at the end of that long pit straight in the learly 90's Classic :cool:

lol, my DOH moment, i was doing some prequalifiers, and i did my best time at this try, so i wanted to go to the pitstop by driving there instead of pressing ESC. but i didn't know where the entrance was (anderstorp), so i found myself in the starting grid, so what did i do? well, j-turn, and reverse track to the pits!!! i got warned for wrong way driving, but i didn't care... so 5 secs later ---> DISQUALIFIED !!! and there goes my best lap... :D

I just had a big old Doh moment just now.

On the GTL race, got called in for a stop and go, it jumped back to cockpit view - I use bonnet/hood view - forgot what I was doing and hit "Esc" out of habit. Endo-raceo.

Boll, and quite possibly, ocks. :(

My worst Doh moment (s) came in a League finale, I jumped off the line nicely, hit the brakes right on my marker, continued on to take out the pole sitter. So dropped to last, as punishment, took off again, did the same at the next two turns (without hitting anyone this time though), so had a look to see why the car wouldn't stop. Guess which pedal I had my left foot on? Clutch :redface:

I've never done it since.

• Michael Ketterer

HAHA i think Trevor for me a lot of setups which make me quicker 4 seconds and more it depends haha

• Michael Ketterer

DOH was for me at an 1 hour training on an free Server and a good Quali time i stand on the start from the race with 2 liter gasoline so i ask with chatting what can i do and a"realy nice guy" told me no problem go back to the box on this Server it will work. grrrrrr i did and race was over hahahahah

I just had a big old Doh moment just now.

On the GTL race, got called in for a stop and go, it jumped back to cockpit view - I use bonnet/hood view - forgot what I was doing and hit "Esc" out of habit. Endo-raceo.

Boll, and quite possibly, ocks. :(

I did chortle on reading this, but you can change your "default view" in settings somewhere to avoid this ... but IMO cockpit view has to be the way forward, so maybe forget I said that and unbind that change view key :wink:
(used to drive in hood view myself all the time, but not since getting Race ... am still faster in hood view, as you can see the track and apex's etc a lot better, but feel more "genuine" in cockpit view)

My first RD WTCC race I nearly forgot to go out for 2nd race ... chatting away about Race 1 in chat screen, when someone kindly reminded me I had to get out on to the grid for the start of race 2 :doh: :laugh:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 300 13.3%