A direct drive from a TM TMX?

I got a TM TMX about a month ago and am have a blast with it, I dont have a ton of money to spend but i am thinking of going strait to a direct drive.. I am looking at the SIM-plicity 7 or 10.
https://sim-pli.city/

This is gonna be my first upgrade and i am gonna keep my t3pa and th8a(with adapter for stand alone). I think i can come up with the money to get it and wheel but not much else...
This is the begining of my research. What do you guys think? Should i get another mid grade-ish fanatec system? Are there a ton of hidden costs i am not seeing? To far to fast? Most important is i wanna keep driving and upgrading but DD looks so so nice to me.
Thanks

If you're going to end up buying a DD wheel anyway then buying it now will save money in the long term. I went from TM t300 to a simplicity SW20 osw DD and I could not be happier, so glad I didn't go the fanatec route. If you can afford it go for the 10nm that should give you some headroom.

Upvote 0
can i just buy a cheap wheel then get a button box later? The thing is i wanna upgrade really bad the tmx is...not great but i dont wanna buy something that doesnt line up with my current end game goal.
Yes any 70mm bolt pattern wheel will work. Some people use a usb gamepad as a cheap button box just stick it to a convenient spot .
71SKLZgpqyL._SL1500_.jpg

Upvote 0
can i just buy a cheap wheel then get a button box later? The thing is i wanna upgrade really bad the tmx is...not great but i dont wanna buy something that doesnt line up with my current end game goal.

You may be able to find a nice used AccuForce Pro and have a bit more headroom. I've seem them go for about $600-$700 (usd). Of course, after-market wheels, converted Fanatec rims and more are possible too. Either way, go DD and don't bother looking back. ;)

Upvote 0
You may be able to find a nice used AccuForce Pro and have a bit more headroom. I've seem them go for about $600-$700 (usd). Of course, after-market wheels, converted Fanatec rims and more are possible too. Either way, go DD and don't bother looking back. ;)
tyvm..gonna hold off for a bit ..I am kinda scared to buying something like that used..i dont know much about it and what to look for

Upvote 0
tyvm..gonna hold off for a bit ..I am kinda scared to buying something like that used..i dont know much about it and what to look for
In terms of durability, DD is on another level so I wouldn't be afraid to buy used with certain common assurances (seller known in the community, history, etc.). The motors are very durable and most of the rest can be replaced or repaired - if needed. Still, I understand if you are not comfortable with such things.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 350 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years