A Desperate Man's Plea (V8 Supercars 1993 - 2002)

If i could have a moment of your time.

*ehem*

I have been sim racing for about 16 years now.
It has enabled me to live out some grand motorsport dreams. In this time i have become Formula One World Drivers Champion for just about every year since 1950. I have clocked over 400kph on the Mulsanne Straight in a 1980s death trap. I have battled everyone from Richard Petty to Kyle Bush on the great ovals of America. I have dished out and received some pretty audacious passing maneuvers in the BTCC.
I have won the Spa 500km/1000km/6/12/24
I have driven a Freightliner truck around the Nordschleife.
I have driven a toilet around la Sarthe (yes).
I was there when they tried putting 6 wheels on an F1 car.
I was there when Cale Yarborough and Donnie Allison went toe to toe.

But, alas, there has still been a gaping wound in my chest cavity for so long...

V8 Supercars 1993 - 2002.
What i consider the golden years of the series.
We have:
Cars from the 70s with the Bathurst Legends mods for rFactor/Aussie Legends for rfactor 2
We have half of the 80s and a small part of the 90s covered with the Touring Car Legends for various sims
(Here we have gaping hole) :(
And we now have the wonderful mods from 2003 onwards for various sims.

My heart has been broken a couple of times throughout the years.
Team HRMs '97 mod seems to have fizzled out and Mak Corp never finished their Classic Touring Car mod with the EB Falcon.

All I want is to have Johnson’s iconic EL #17 shove me out of the way at Lakeside as he is rounding the final corner with 3 laps to go and ruin his race, or tumble through the sand trap at Caltex Chase like Mezera did or even take out fellow AU drivers in their struggle to take it to HRT. I want to drive my Mitre 10 AU Falcon directly into the hind quarters of the Big Kev (rip) VT Commodore and shroud South West Sydney with the fire and smoke burning on the racing fuel that is keeping this flame burning inside my soul.
Grids of 40 odd cars. 50+ at Bathurst.
Handfuls of factory backed teams.
Privateers pitted against each other in a seperate for cash.
The Banana Boat car, Ingalls Castrol GTX car, any DJR car. :0

I don’t care what sim.
I will cough up what little money I have if need be.
I know for someone who has very little to contribute in terms of modding and skinning I am asking a lot.
I feel all i can do is put my heart out there and hopefully stir up some passion to maybe get something happening to fill the emptiness inside me, for my own selfish needs.

But hey, a man can dream...

*ehem*

It has enabled me to live out some grand motorsport dreams. In this time i have become Formula One World Drivers Champion for just about every year since 1950. I have clocked over 400kph on the Mulsanne Straight in a 1980s death trap. I have battled everyone from Richard Petty to Kyle Bush on the great ovals of America. I have dished out and received some pretty audacious passing maneuvers in the BTCC.

But, alas, there has still been a gaping wound in my chest cavity for so long...

We have:
Cars from the 70s with the Bathurst Legends mods for rFactor/Aussie Legends for rfactor 2
We have half of the 80s and a small part of the 90s covered with the Touring Car Legends for various sims

Team HRMs '97 mod seems to have fizzled out and Mak Corp never finished their Classic Touring Car mod with the EB Falcon.

All I want is to have Johnson’s iconic EL #17 shove me out of the way at Lakeside as he is rounding the final corner with 3 laps to go and ruin his race, or tumble through the sand trap at Caltex Chase like Mezera did or even take out fellow AU drivers in their struggle to take it to HRT. I want to drive my Mitre 10 AU Falcon directly into the hind quarters of the Big Kev (rip) VT Commodore and shroud South West Sydney with the fire and smoke burning on the racing fuel that is keeping this flame burning inside my soul.

I don’t care what sim.
I know for someone who has very little to contribute in terms of modding and skinning I am asking a lot.
I feel all i can do is put my heart out there and hopefully stir up some passion to maybe get something happening to fill the emptiness inside me, for my own selfish needs.

if you have automobilista, check this out. it will also be released to rFactor.
https://www.facebook.com/AM5M4/

*ehem*

We have:

I don’t care what sim.

I'm 100% with you. I've been sweating on someone doing this mod but people seem to keep starting it and then it falls in a heap

Well as it stands there is an EL body only ingame. There is a VS ingame that is drivable but has no interior view, sounds, cockpit or it's own physics. It does however have a template.

I've been sitting on these for a long time since TeamHRM went and vanished as the other party ran into real life and I have no idea what I'm doing other than skinning.

So they are there, I just have no idea what I'm doing to get them working properly. So if you can find someone to finish the 1997 model off... yes you heard that correct. IF you can find someone to finish it off, get them in touch with me and I am extremely happy to pass it on to get finished.

From memory I have a few 1996/1997 VS commodores pained up. I remember doing Skaifes Sega Saturn commodore and a few others, Coke commodores, Wynns commodores.... you get the idea.

Anyway I'm not home for the next few weeks. So best of luck finding someone to take on the mod.

Richard

Well as it stands there is an EL body only ingame. There is a VS ingame that is drivable but has no interior view, sounds, cockpit or it's own physics. It does however have a template.

I've been sitting on these for a long time since TeamHRM went and vanished as the other party ran into real life and I have no idea what I'm doing other than skinning.

So they are there, I just have no idea what I'm doing to get them working properly. So if you can find someone to finish the 1997 model off... yes you heard that correct. IF you can find someone to finish it off, get them in touch with me and I am extremely happy to pass it on to get finished.

From memory I have a few 1996/1997 VS commodores pained up. I remember doing Skaifes Sega Saturn commodore and a few others, Coke commodores, Wynns commodores.... you get the idea.

Anyway I'm not home for the next few weeks. So best of luck finding someone to take on the mod.

Richard
can you please PM Me richard

I helped Team HRM finding photos of the cars that raced. They wanted to start as a 1997 ATCC Series.
It can be done, but some cars simply can't be found anywhere. There isn't a single picture of them, like #33 Rob Pearson's 1997 car.

Has anyone checked out Assetto mods One word closest collection ive seen, its for Assetto corsa but good quality, ive asked about rfactor 2 version, possible future release. Also since this iriginal post is years old id image u may gave found it.

Last edited:
Don't know if this is anywhere near what you want, but it's a nice GTR2 mod; Ford Falcon BAs and Holden VZ Commodores. Nice graphics, interiors, sounds, physics.

.........................................................................................
MMM V8 Supercars 2006 GTR2 v1.0

MMMV8SC..
MR_INGALL

Physics..
MR_JayfORCe

Beta Testers..
MR_Geesuss,Liftalot,Fatcity,Mutant101,Muze,Palla,Mentasm,AUS_Prodgers
Brocky05,Valentino Crossi,TC,Radrick,FIG_JAM,GT_Virus,Shaun

features..

full 2006 v8 grid

multi race/round offline championship

Fixed diff ratios

realife point structure

rain and dirt screens

exhaust smoke

multi damage and breakable parts

Automatic Livery change Depending on track

DX 9,8,7 friendly
.................................................................................................................

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 257 13.4%