A couple of questions ahead of purchase

I'm seriously thinking of getting this but have a few questions:

How many people are there online during peak times?
Exactly what is included in the yearly sub? if this expires can i still get latest ISI content for offline play or am i barred from new content until renewing my sub?

Its a hard question, actually there are not that much Guys racing public the most time, some times if something new is released there may be servers with 20 or 30 drivers but that is very rare. Most of the Guys drive/practice for Leagues on password covered Servers. So don't expect that much "public" Racing.
The Sub is only for the Online Racing, offline is always availabe - even with the new content.

AI is with the one from GSC best in every sim (probably little bit beter than in GSC) .. as I understand it you have unlimeted licence to offline content and future updates, only online will be limited after one year (and pruchasable again) ... you can buy it, try it for week (online part mostly since demo finaly represent it up nicely) .. if you don`t like it get refund ..

But why you say in future, rfactor2 is out since ages, ok...there are updates every few monthes but it is raceable since the start of it. It's sad to see that there is so less public action, i mean when you got one time into rf2, you never wanna drive "sims" like AC again. You feel the edge of locking the brakes so much better, you feel the tires, the "over turning", just everything. In my Opinion this is the only real sim. The Feedback you get from the game is waaaaaaaay above any of these others... i can't get the point of others driving for example AC mainly. Maybe they don't love racing as much as i do...maybe they never tried rf2...i don't know ^^

And why complex? What is so complex about rf2? In my opinion it is not complex at all.

It simulates lots of aspects of a real car and environment, the tires, the suspension, the chassis, the engine, the wind, the lightning, the temperature, etçª ;)

I know one year ago for example i couldn't play it, but it got real better and right now for me is the best simracing title out there, i just can't go back to AC (which i was addicted last year)...

But why you say in future, rfactor2 is out since ages, ok...there are updates every few monthes but it is raceable since the start of it. It's sad to see that there is so less public action, i mean when you got one time into rf2, you never wanna drive "sims" like AC again. You feel the edge of locking the brakes so much better, you feel the tires, the "over turning", just everything. In my Opinion this is the only real sim. The Feedback you get from the game is waaaaaaaay above any of these others... i can't get the point of others driving for example AC mainly. Maybe they don't love racing as much as i do...maybe they never tried rf2...i don't know ^^

And why complex? What is so complex about rf2? In my opinion it is not complex at all.
I have to agree. Below it might be complex, but since day one in rF2 (except the few cars that were a bit broken at the start). I could instantly feel the grip levels and loadings in the wheel. I can get in a completely new car and drive good laps instantly without any big moments or crashes. In other sims I have to do a lot more try&error to go to the limit of a car, which I find really annoying, because you cant do that in reality unless you have very deep pockets :D

People find it complex because it is a proper sim and I think it's just too difficult for people that's why they play AC, RRE etc. I mainly played GSCE and kept nibbling away at RF2 then once I'd spent more time with RF2 it is my only sim now. I try to play GSCE but I can't. That's not to say there is anything wrong with GSCE but once you've spent time with RF2 then no other sim comes close. People also don't have patience to spend time getting RF2 just right, If they can't jump straight in and set world record laps straight away they blame the game. Any proper sim racer would be playing RF2 and when you get to know the community here with the FSR and Presto you realise the guys that play RF2 are the proper sim racers. The most knowledgeable racers I've come across. To be honest, I hardly responsd now when I see people posting that they can't get their set ups right for RF2. I've posted till I'm blue in the face with advice yet people will still not listen. Anyway, buy this and If you follow all the guidance you won't need another sim. Disclaimer:This is my own view and does not represent the view of the RF2 community (Or maybe it does)

People find it complex because it is a proper sim and I think it's just too difficult for people that's why they play AC, RRE etc. I mainly played GSCE and kept nibbling away at RF2 then once I'd spent more time with RF2 it is my only sim now. I try to play GSCE but I can't. That's not to say there is anything wrong with GSCE but once you've spent time with RF2 then no other sim comes close. People also don't have patience to spend time getting RF2 just right, If they can't jump straight in and set world record laps straight away they blame the game. Any proper sim racer would be playing RF2 and when you get to know the community here with the FSR and Presto you realise the guys that play RF2 are the proper sim racers. The most knowledgeable racers I've come across. To be honest, I hardly responsd now when I see people posting that they can't get their set ups right for RF2. I've posted till I'm blue in the face with advice yet people will still not listen. Anyway, buy this and If you follow all the guidance you won't need another sim. Disclaimer:This is my own view and does not represent the view of the RF2 community (Or maybe it does)
I can just imagine Jim with his little RF2 cheerleaders outfit on, must get that image out of my head quick.

You are right though Jim, I don't really drive on anything else anymore nothing gives me the thrill or realism as much as RF2. Frederic is also right about the cars behaving as you would expect, it just feels natural rather than forced or canned effects. The Karts V1.14 are exactly like I used to drive even down to how the steering feels when you are stationary, the way the chassis just feels like it is lifting as you move the wheel from side to side it just feels incredible.

I can just imagine Jim with his little RF2 cheerleaders outfit on, must get that image out of my head quick.

You are right though Jim, I don't really drive on anything else anymore nothing gives me the thrill or realism as much as RF2. Frederic is also right about the cars behaving as you would expect, it just feels natural rather than forced or canned effects. The Karts V1.14 are exactly like I used to drive even down to how the steering feels when you are stationary, the way the chassis just feels like it is lifting as you move the wheel from side to side it just feels incredible.
I only wear my cheerleaders outfit when I'm racing though Paul!!
Yes I am a fanboy but only because it's good. I wish everyone would just play RF2 for a whole month solid and they'd soon see.

PS I'm thinking of getting Project Cars shock!!

I'm seriously thinking of getting this but have a few questions:

How many people are there online during peak times?
Exactly what is included in the yearly sub? if this expires can i still get latest ISI content for offline play or am i barred from new content until renewing my sub?

I would rather get the Lifetime if you have the money. It's worth it for the content. Not much Online unless you find big grid(20+ people) based leagues like these guys have.

Hey William, i think you're well informed about rF2... What KP2 meant is that it's worth "FOR THE CONTENT YOU HAVE NOW ON rF2", also you'll support ISI and will help them work to give us even more features and perfection to the simulator. Of course the lifetime online is the main purpose! Buy it, you won't regret it, if you like rF2 support them!

Hey William, i think you're well informed about rF2... What KP2 meant is that it's worth "FOR THE CONTENT YOU HAVE NOW ON rF2", also you'll support ISI and will help them work to give us even more features and perfection to the simulator. Of course the lifetime online is the main purpose! Buy it, you won't regret it, if you like rF2 support them!
Ahh, I took it a different way at first - thinking it meant more content.

Its a hard question, actually there are not that much Guys racing public the most time, some times if something new is released there may be servers with 20 or 30 drivers but that is very rare. Most of the Guys drive/practice for Leagues on password covered Servers. So don't expect that much "public" Racing.
The Sub is only for the Online Racing, offline is always availabe - even with the new content.

what BS

something new 20-30 drivers

are you on drugs ?

EVERY NIGHT there are more then that on , for instance RIGHT NOW and there is no new mod so get ya facts straight ......AC fanboys lol

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing