A BTCC Game In The Works?

The fact that you've complained that this is a small series on limited tracks is IMO part of the problem with sim racing as a whole. The thing is that we've been spoilt with what I refer to as "Kitchen sink" sims, and by "kitchen sink" I mean the devs have thrown everything content wise at it, including the kitchen sink.

The problem with that kitchen sink sims is that they try to cover too much ground in terms of tracks and cars meaning that a lot of that content is, well, under developed, not to mention that the physics engines that we currently have are not necessarily good at covering all bases. Sims that do aero well tend not to be so good with mechanical grip, and vice versa. And honestly you cannot tell me that each of the 250+ cars included have been physically accurately modelled, or even visually accurately modelled.

In fact a limited series allows the devs to dial in, drill deep on the tracks and especially the physical behaviour of the cars and ensure that they behave a closely to their real world counterparts as possible.

And this is where I feel Kunos made the right decision with ACC - a single series where each car and track can get the attention it deserves, as opposed to punching some numbers in and hoping for the best.

So I'm all up for this BTCC sim.
I disagree, if sims would first focus on current series there would be no problems because many cars are used in same series around the world.
The real problem sims have now is that they try to offer everything without a plan, they don't do it by stage they simple do random work and releases and this mess up everything.
Tracks are the most important part of sims after physics. Countless times I've seen people tired of driving the same Spa, Monza, Silverstone combo and you make a league with the same (GT3 for example) cars in a list of Aussie tracks and people get their "sim fire" reignited instantly
Funny I was discussing this in the rF2 Discord yesterday.
Let's take ACC as example, they first had to build a base together with their GT3 cars (and they were smart here because SRO took over many GT3 series ;) which means TRACKS!). But now that the game is ready they are going with GT4. After that they if bring TCC there would be no quality drop, after that some IMSA or ELMS and if they want some open wheel ladder.
Once these are complete modern race cars aren't receiving new versions every year, when they do you have time to license and work on it just fine. In the meantime to keep people playing and your staff busy, only then, you can bring other stuff like street cars or historic. Quality wont mess up if you'd do this.

Last edited:
There is something about the btcc that was always kept me coming back. It is basically professional bumper cars with factory sponsorships lol
You also like Formula E then? There the preferred way of overtaking is to simply ram your opponent. Although with the sad Mickey Mouse circuits they race on they probably don’t have another option.

I really enjoyed the original TOCA racing game. Was fun racing against the AI cars. I remember I could softly bump the AI cars and they would not spin out during the races. Now days as others say, do we want to invest in another single series game. I am not into watching BTCC at all. I will keep watching any videos or reviews on this game to see more details on it.

Reactions: CC
So basically, what we want is a perfect sim racing game that fits every single one of our individual requirements.

I am perhaps beginning to feel pangs of empathy for developers...

Of all of the racing series out there, I would be most excited for a really good touring car sim. Ideally BTCC, but would be OK with WTCR (Raceroom's touring cars are OK, but I'm no longer a big R3E fan). So I'm all in on this. In a perfect world, Kunos would be behind this and give the same level of focus that they have to GT3 cars in ACC, but I doubt it.

So I'll temper my enthusiasm until I find out who the developer is. If it's someone like the devs behind Nascar Heat or something I will be massively disappointed!

Last edited:
Of all of the racing series out there, I would be most excited for a really good touring car sim. Ideally BTCC, but would be OK with WTCR (Raceroom's touring cars are OK, but I'm no longer a big R3E FAB). So I'm all in on this. In a perfect world, Kunos would be behind this and give the same level of focus that they have to GT3 cars in ACC, but I doubt it.

So I'll temper my enthusiasm until I find out who the developer is. If it's someone like the devs behind Nascar Heat or something I will be massively disappointed!
What he said

hmm... so if I got it all right... in a nutshell, you guys don't want Codemasters to do it
That's ok, we'll always have our precious Milestone :inlove: they just can't blow it up :x3:

There is a Podcast in Australia called the V8 Sleuth. They had an interview with Alan Gow this week. He said they are working on a game with a release within a year to 18 months. It was a great podcast btw.

good because he was always the guy who blocked any movement towards a sim/game for years :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 392 40.0%