A BTCC Game In The Works?

BTCC game is the important part. Maybe will be on par with the NASCAR games? Arcade in itself can be fun of course, but when it is arcade i dont really care what kind of cars it is since it wont be realistic anyway. Lets wait and see.

This topic is hilarious!!

"Oh boy we loved TOCa and TOCA 2 back in the day!!! But please don't let it be Codemasters who are doing it, Who made TOCA and TOCA2? Errr Codemasters."

"I hope Reiza are making it. Newsfalsh - Reiza are just a bit busy with AMS2 now and for the next couple of years."

So what would BTCC be looking for in a partner? I'm pretty sure they would be looking for a cross-platform title. Who could produce a cross-platform title?

Codies did say they didn't think a BTCC game was viable. Its no longer the series with multi-national drivers it once was. Even back in the day, Codies quickly had to expand it to include DTM and Supercars to broaden the appeal. However, I would think BTCC would have Codies at the top of their list. They did the first two and if Codies are good enough for F1, they are good enough for BTCC. Also the GRID relaunch has been a disaster sales wise. Maybe the GRID studio could switch to BTCC.

Who else could do it?

Kunos must be on the list. They have Blancpain on their CV and can do cross-platform. Also after GT4 comes out, its not clear where ACC can go. Do you really need the whole team for season updates? And those British tracks they are doing for ACC would come in handy for BTCC.

SMS? They currently have their hands full with F%F and PC3. It depends what they want to do after F&F. Ian did tweet asking people if they would prefer SMS to do a rally sim or a GT Legends sequel a while ago. Maybe they are looking for something new to do.

Sector3/Simbin. S3 have a long history of touring car titles including TCR. They did do the stand alone DTM game some time ago. They have the CV. Its just the lack ofmulti-patform that would put me off if I were BTCC. But maybe Simbin have made enough progress with Unreal to switch to that.

S397? If they are working secretly on the BTCC it might explain the slow progress in other areas. But its hard to see S397 going for a game which the BTCC must want to have broad appeal.

And of course it could be a console-centric developer I haven't listed.

Last edited:

"Oh boy we loved TOCa and TOCA 2 back in the day!!! But please don't let it be Codemasters who are doing it, Who made TOCA and TOCA2? Errr Codemasters."

"I hope Reiza are making it. Newsfalsh - Reiza are just a bit busy with AMS2 now and for the next couple of years."

So what would BTCC be looking for in a partner? I'm pretty sure they would be looking for a cross-platform title. Who could produce a cross-platform title?

Codies did say they didn't think a BTCC game was viable. Its no longer the series with multi-national drivers it once was. Even back in the day, Codies quickly had to expand it to include DTM and Supercars to broaden the appeal. However, I would think BTCC would have Codies at the top of their list. They did the first two and if Codies are good enough for F1, they are good enough for BTCC. Also the GRID relaunch has been a disaster sales wise. Maybe the GRID studio could switch to BTCC.

Who else could do it?

Kunos must be on the list. They have Blancpain on their CV and can do cross-platform. Also after GT4 comes out, its not clear where ACC can go. Do you really need the whole team for season updates? And those British tracks they are doing for ACC would come in handy for BTCC.

SMS? They currently have their hands full with F%F and PC3. It depends what they want to do after F&F. Ian did tweet asking people if they would prefer SMS to do a rally sim or a GT Legends sequel a while ago. Maybe they are looking for something new to do.

Sector3/Simbin. S3 have a long history of touring car titles including TCR. They did do the stand alone DTM game some time ago. They have the CV. Its just the lack ofmulti-patform that would put me off if I were BTCC. But maybe Simbin have made enough progress with Unreal to switch to that.

S397? If they are working secretly on the BTCC it might explain the slow progress in other areas. But its hard to see S397 going for a game which the BTCC must want to have broad appeal.

And of course it could be a console-centric developer I haven't listed.
SimBin's next project after GTR 3 /s :D

Was Racenet a thing back in 1999, I don't think so? I don't share the bad feelings about codies often seen here, but Racenet is just a despicable service and could make me not want it.

One thing i do know from following BTCC so closely is that Alan Gow wouldnt allow someone like Simbin UK to get their hands on the licence he would want proof that they can get the job done and to a good standard. Simbin UK wouldnt do this.
There is one thing that always rules that out, enough money thrown at the shareholders.
If they get offered enough money, their standards are suddenly a lot lower.

Plenty of bad examples over the years. Where the license seemed to cost more than the content.

I'll believe it when I see it. Given the complete lack of information currently available, it could be a bloody arcade racer for all we know. Assuming it exists at all.

ya.. im also a "reliable source" and I heard from a friend who overhead on a bus, that a guy married to a friend of his, second cousin twice removed that this game was on the brew..

I don't really care about a new game that would pay a licence and eventually be a bad game.
I'd prefer a GOOD payable mod for existing games Assetto Corsa for example...

I hope it's similar to the old TOCA series, and dare I say it, the F1 series.

We have plenty of out and out sims, but not so many do a good job (or any job at all), in relation to the 'race career/championship' side of things.

Yes, I want to see good car handling/physics, and especially good implementation of the rules and strategy, but I also want to see the game made by a developer that can put the rest of the package around it - engineer, animated pit crew, management / contracts, and maybe even some in-garage atmosphere somehow - walk or switch to different areas of the garage, check telemetry, discuss setup with engineer, check timing monitor, and actually see animated mechanics working on the car, we never seem to get enough of that aspect ?

I hope it's similar to the old TOCA series, and dare I say it, the F1 series.

We have plenty of out and out sims, but not so many do a good job (or any job at all), in relation to the 'race career/championship' side of things.

Yes, I want to see good car handling/physics, and especially good implementation of the rules and strategy, but I also want to see the game made by a developer that can put the rest of the package around it - engineer, animated pit crew, management / contracts, and maybe even some in-garage atmosphere somehow - walk or switch to different areas of the garage, check telemetry, discuss setup with engineer, check timing monitor, and actually see animated mechanics working on the car, we never seem to get enough of that aspect ?

The engineer management and contracts thing especially switching teams aspect wouldnt be realistic with BTCC as management don't tend to move around and drivers don't get offered drives they have to stump up the sponsorship money to pay for the drive. Only 4 or 5 drivers on the whole grid are actually paid to race.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back