Resource icon

Misc A - Broken glass 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
JackCY submitted a new resource:

A - Broken glass - Custom higher resolution broken glass textures for Assetto Corsa.

@author JackCY
@version 1.0
@license Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

Custom higher resolution broken glass textures for Assetto Corsa. Four levels of detail, 1 most, 4 least. All textures are DXT5 compressed with mipmaps.

Install:
--------
1) Backup original "Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\texture\DAMAGE_GLASS.dds"
2) Overwrite "DAMAGE_GLASS.dds" with custom texture of your choice

Tweaks:
-------
You can change the minimum level at...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks for this mod, really nice mod and much nicer than the original. I am using you custom 4 glass with a GLASS_THRESHOLD=0.95, I like it a lot. :)

Thanks, there are many possible options, I can make ones that are less/more visible and have less/more cracks.
The difference between 1 and 4 in the pack is small, but it is there, I hoped it would be bigger but in the end I made it rather small when looking back at it after some time.

I've tried to make it usable when racing without having to disable the broken glass altogether.
The original texture was simply pain in the eyes. Low resolution and low quality.

Personally I've disabled broken glass some days ago after DLC release, reason? The broken glass texture is not properly applied on all cars and on some the windshield doesn't brake under the windshield banner/sun strip.

Personally I've disabled broken glass some days ago after DLC release, reason? The broken glass texture is not properly applied on all cars and on some the windshield doesn't brake under the windshield banner/sun strip.
Where do you enable /disable broken glass? Cheers!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 115 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 428 39.6%