F1 2015 A blurry mess

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
Has anybody found a cure for the blurred image yet? I tried all sorts of different settings, including the hardware settings config.xml file changes (motion blur and depth of filed = OFF), but the image is still as blurred as hell. SweetFX could help...

The graphics are a big letdown in this year`s edition. It`s a shame as they finaly got the handling and FFB quite right.

Last edited:
Yeah, done that already, but that setting only applies to motion blur effect. IMO, the problem is in the graphics engine, the image as a whole is blurred. I can`t even read the text on the billboards, corner markers, etc. until I get closer to the objects.

Damn it I have the same problem! Even with the changes in the hardware_settings_config.xml it is still blurred as hell!! I really(!!) hope that there is a way to fix this, this blur effect makes the graphics so bad :(

Damn it I have the same problem! Even with the changes in the hardware_settings_config.xml it is still blurred as hell!! I really(!!) hope that there is a way to fix this, this blur effect makes the graphics so bad :(

Exactly. SweetFX could do the trick. I tried to put the files directly into the root F1 2015 folder, but it doesn`t work.

I was hoping it would finally all come together, but it`s the graphics that are sub-standard this time around. Even their first F1 (2010, I believe) release had better graphics IMO.

I am so annoyed about this, I really can't express it :(
Finally the handling is nice and then the graphics are worse than ever. Really I'd be happy to play it in the graphics of F1 2010...

• Deleted member 90535

I saw a thread on Steam Forums that the game might be using chromatic aberration, which is known for making image blurry. Hopefully CM will patch the game so that we can disable this stupid effect.

• Deleted member 90535

Is there any way to disable it in your graphics card settings?
I don't think so, it is a postprocess effect. I tried to find in config files but it doesn't seem to be there. Maybe the game is using some other effect, whatever it is I want it gone :)

I think I've found a very strange thing!

if you drive normally, you will see that annoying blurry mess, but as soon as you look at replays, you will notice that the image is much better and crisper (very similar to sweet fx)! very very strange....

Blurry mess describes this game perfectly .
I can only play this thing for 10 min at a time or it kills my eyes and gives me a head ache.
The combination of motion blur and lousy attempt at head shaking really kill this game, and no way to calibrate your pedals !
The look back view looks great .but you get DQ if you drive backwards.
They really need to fix this! I tried to disable motion blur and fov in config file but it doesn't help.
If I turn off TAA it helps a little . but then it looks like a bad lego game . What AA options does it give the guys with amd cards ?

Blurry mess describes this game perfectly .
I can only play this thing for 10 min at a time or it kills my eyes and gives me a head ache.
The combination of motion blur and lousy attempt at head shaking really kill this game, and no way to calibrate your pedals !
The look back view looks great .but you get DQ if you drive backwards.
They really need to fix this! I tried to disable motion blur and fov in config file but it doesn't help.
If I turn off TAA it helps a little . but then it looks like a bad lego game . What AA options does it give the guys with amd cards ?
amd drivier update....but yeah i have nvida,lol...same problemes here

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years