Resource icon

Misc _AC_Colors ppfilter 10b

Login or Register an account to download this content
racinjoe013 submitted a new resource:

_AC_Colors ppfilter w\Reshade - Low impact ppfilter\reshade combo for better colors (maybe)

This is my new color ppfilter\reshade combo to try and get a better looking game for myself. Let me start by saying if you have the system that can handle it, I suggest you use one of the filters listed below. They are far better filter\graphics mods than this one, but unfortunately I can't use them on my mid-range system.

Immersive Filter...

Read more about this resource...

racinjoe013 updated _AC_Colors ppfilter w\Reshade with a new update entry:

_AC_Colors ppfilter w\Reshade

Small update. I replaced the two reshade presets with two new ones. AC_Colors_Warm (which is the original) and AC_Colors_Cool. Obviously, the warm one leans towards the warm tones with more of a red\yellow tint overall. On the cool one, I adjusted a few of the numbers for the effects to give it more of a blue tint overall. Very subtle difference between the two but if you view an image side by side, you can see the difference.

Quick tip. If you'd like to tone down the saturation of...

Read the rest of this update entry...

racinjoe013 updated _AC_Colors ppfilter with a new update entry:

_AC_Colors ppfilter

Removed the need for reshade thanks to a new filter trick I never even knew existed. Thanks to JavireTwo for showing me the color grading option. Don't know exactly how it works, but my guess is it would be similar to using the LUT option in reshade. I'm still learning how it works exactly and tinkering with the lut file I created, but i'm happy enough with these results to put it out there. I'm...

_AC_Colors ppfilter

Got some feedback from people who said the filter was okay, but that during replays the colors were a bit washed out. I agree with them, but the washed out effect was intentional to try and get a more realistic look behind the wheel. I tried to simulate the haze effect from the sun coming through the windshield, but I can see their point. I've always had a version of my filter that doesn't have that effect that I switch to when watching replays. I am including that filter in this update...

_AC_Colors ppfilter

Shouldn't be too many more updates going forward (if any) because i'm running out of things to try. Just a couple of things that needed adjusted.

-- Adjusted the saturation and sepia amounts during overcast weather conditions.

-- Added a third version of the filter. This one falls in the color scale somewhere between the Cool and Warm versions. It's become my go to version when I use my own filter because it balances warmth and coolness to the colors. The grasses aren't as yellow and...

_AC_Colors ppfilter

Update and a request. Update first.

-- Made some changes to the LUT file to remove some blue from the green tones to try and get better looking grass and trees. On some tracks my greens had a bit too much blue hue.
-- Adjusted the whitebalance number in the ppfilter to try and get more separation to the look of the standard, warm and cool versions.
-- Changed the name of the replay versions of each filter to get them to line up better in the game. The way I had them named, the replay...

_AC_Colors ppfilter

Updating my filter to work better with Sol 1.6. Credits to JavireTwo for adjusting my filter to work better with Sol 1.6. Don't know or understand exactly what he did, but it works. The filter should still work with Sol 1.5.x but may need a little bump in brightness to look right.

-- New luts to adjust for sky changes in Sol 1.6. Still trying to get a handle on the new sky\lighting so the sky...

_AC_Colors ppfilter

Sorry, uploaded the files with the wrong whitebalance number in them. Probably made everything look entirely too yellow. These should be better, may still be a bit too yellow for some. If so, just reduce the whitebalance or try the AC_Natural filter. It has even less whitebalance so it won't have as much yellow tint.

_AC_Colors\_AC_Natural ppfilter

No changes to the AC_Colors filter, but my test filter (AC_Natural) has a new lut file to try out. This filter is setup to have less yellow tint to anything green and i'm finding myself liking it more than AC_Colors with these new changes. In my eyes, it seems to have better color balance and i'm not seeing so much yellow hue over everything. It will probably become it's own separate filter release soon once I get some feedback on what needs adjusted.

I was also asked to remove the Cool...

_AC_Colors ppfilter

Minor updates to each filter's .lua file to remove forced values for things like sky preset, sky blue strength and smog, etc. to allow the user to adjust anything they want via the sol config app. The way they were setup before, there were some things that you couldn't adjust through the app.

Also added a folder with two alternative lut files that work with the filters if you want to try them. They darken the green colors, remove some yellow tint from anything green and have a deeper blue...

_AC_Colors ppfilter

Posting the latest version of my filters for people to try if they want to. I've been working on the lighting in this version with some very small tweaks to the colors. As always, there are two filters included. AC_Colors leans warm, AC_Natural leans cool. The difference is so subtle that I doubt most will pick up on it unless you compare screenshots. There is also a lower saturation version to try as well. I'm kind of liking the low saturation versions at the moment for some reason...

_AC_Colors ppfilter

Went back to the drawing board on this one to try and solve a few of the issues with previous versions. Whole new color grading file and changed the way I balanced colortemp and whitebalance. Is it better? I don't even know anymore. I've been through so many versions of this, i'm not sure what looks good anymore. :)

Couple of notes:

1.) For now there is only an auto exposure off version. I'm still trying to understand how to use auto exposure properly so until I do, AE is off...

_AC_Colors ppfilter

I realized today in playing around with a different approach to the lighting that the update from a few days ago had the wrong color grading included. It had way too much green hue. So I'm doing a quick update to include the correct color grading. Should be a lot less green overcast over everything. This may throw off a few of the other colors (mostly things will get a bit more blue), but I didn't have time to adjust everything else right now. I still wanted to get this update out there...

_AC_Colors ppfilter

Found some time to try and fix the problems I created two updates ago from including the wrong color grading file and tried to fix with the last quick update. This is more of how I hope my filter will end up looking when I finally learn how to use all the 'tools' properly. I'm pretty happy with the color balance now, but I still see a little too much blue and green at times. Lighting still needs tweaked to fit most tracks. I'll never make lighting that works on all tracks because they...

_AC_Colors ppfilter

Small update to the original filters. I removed a lot of the code that I wasn't using and some that I wasn't sure what it did just to clean up the filters. I also tweaked the lighting a bit. I raised the tonemap exposure a tick and lowered the contrast a bit. The result is a slightly brighter version than the originals. I'm trying to get a better day time look. If you prefer the darker original version, they are included in the 'Original_Filters' folder.

I also added an alternative...

_AC_Colors ppfilter

Quick update, but i'm not sure about this one because I didn't test it on enough tracks so keep the previous version handy. I reduced the light source and ambient saturation levels significantly to reduce the amount of blue shadow hue that was cast on anything light or white. This was really noticeable on things like white gloves and the metal guard rails on tracks like Monza especially at dawn and dusk. There is still some there because I didn't want to completely eliminate it but it...

_AC_Colors ppfilter

I know I told a reviewer that I wouldn't put updates out every day, but I got to playing around again and thought this was worth throwing out there to try. This should be the last one for awhile and besides, it's not something you have to try. Like all my other resources, I make them for myself and share them. If people want to or don't want to try them, i'm okay with that.

I was fooling around with ambient hue settings and came up with a variation of the filter that I really like...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 104 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 369 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing