Resource icon

Misc _AC_Colors ppfilter 10b

Login or Register an account to download this content
racinjoe013 updated _AC_Colors ppfilter with a new update entry:

_AC_Colors ppfilter

I know I said no more updates for awhile, but I discovered a bug in my filter when racing at night. Because of how I had my sky saturation set, it caused a problem with headlights on the cars behind you from the cockpit view. Apparently you can't go above 100% sky saturation with Sol 2.0 at the moment. So I was forced to remove the sky saturation adjustment. This will alter the look of the sky a bit, but not too much different then the way it was.

On the plus side, I also made an...

Read the rest of this update entry...

_AC_Colors ppfilter

Filter now only supports Sol 2.0 and Sol 2.1 alpha versions. Extract the files from whichever version of Sol you currently use.

Notes:

-- Too many things have changed since my last update a few months ago so no explanation of changes.
-- The Sol 2.1 version is a bit unfinished because i'm still trying to get a handle on the changes in Sol 2.1, but I tried to achieve the same look with both versions.
-- I tried to keep the filter generally neutral in color balance, but it's hard...

_AC_Colors ppfilter

No need to download this update if you have yesterday's version. I just corrected some things that were coded incorrectly in the Sol 2.1 version of the filter. The corrections don't drastically change how the filter looks, but I did want to avoid any problems that might happen from my incorrect coding so i'm throwing out this little hotfix for Sol 2.1 users.

Just curious how people feel about something regarding ppfilters in general, not just mine because i'm considering changing one thing I do with mine.

Do you prefer when the ppfilter allows you to change the sky blue preset or are most people just happy with whatever the filter creator chooses to use and don't really have a need or desire to mess with the Sol_Config app to change the look of the sky?

Last edited:

_AC_Colors ppfilter

Now that Sol 2.1 is officially released, this is my first real attempt at a Sol 2.1 version of the filter. For a first version, I decided to go back to basic edits. If you go back and read my first post, all I ever wanted to do with this filter was darken up the greens and make the overall lighting more like I see the world. I like bright, lower contrast and slightly higher saturated colors. To me the world is very bright colorful place.

Notes:

-- Removed all color edits from the CG...

_AC_Colors ppfilter

Just a small gamma adjustment to account for a change in lighting in Sol 2.1.1.

Notes:

-- The alternatives folder has another set of filter .ini files. It is basically the same except it is ever so slightly cooler or neutral on my monitor. Hardly noticeable unless you compare screenshots. Might make for a better base to do your own tweaking because it is more neutral.
-- I included 3 reshade filters I sometimes use as well for anyone who wants to try them. You will need Prod80...

_AC_Colors ppfilter Sol 2.2 alpha version

Something new for people to try if they want to. Not really an official update, but rather a work in progress update with changes made for the latest Sol 2.2 alpha versions. These should still work with the official Sol 2.1.3 version but you will need to use the Sol_Config app to do a few tweaks, especially to the sky saturation level. I learned a few new tricks so I tried a few different things with this update that you may or may not like. For once the color grading file is unchanged...

_AC_Colors ppfilter

Notes:
-- There are two filters, AC_Colors and AC_Natural. They are identical filters except for the amount of FilmicContrast. Colors has the least FilmicContrast and Natural has a little more. This mostly effects the amount of contrast between light and dark areas and was created to compensate for differences in how track makers created their tracks. Some tracks seem to need more contrast than others.
-- Base filter has some level of distant fog enabled. Filter 2 has a large amount...

A small suggestion for those that know how to edit a .lua file. I forgot to change the Dazzle Effect settings in the version I released yesterday. I don't want to make another update release so i'm posting what the numbers should be here. This mainly effects the strength of the sun glare at dawn\dusk. I didn't want it to be so dramatical. If you are ok with how it looks, you don't have to do this.

Open the .lua file in Notepad+ and go to lines 94 and 95. Change the dazzle_mix value from 0.75 to 0.85. Change the dazzle_strength value from 0.90 to 0.50. You can play around with those two numbers to find a sun glare look you prefer.

Another self tweak suggestion. Tinker around with adding a liitle bit of hue adjustment. Start with 1.0 and work your way up or down. On my monitor this seems to get some of the red out of the scene. Could just be that my monitor has excessive red, but try it and see if you like it.

_AC_Colors ppfilter for Sol 2.2+

Another version for people to try if they like. This one is mostly about tonemap differences, but there are some other little tweaks thrown in. Two filters in the pack as usual, each using different tonemap settings. Each filter has 3 versions with various levels of custom fog. Base filter has a slight custom fog level, Filter 2 has heavier custom fog, and Filter 3 has custom fog disabled. I also included the custom weather plans I created for the old weather system as well as the new...

_AC_Colors ppfilter for Sol 2.2+

A few things i've been fooling around with while I was in quarantine. I wouldn't say anything changed significantly, but I have finally got the point where I don't need a CG file anymore. It's still an option though, but more on that later. I have removed a good portion of the custom edits that I have used in the past. It's almost a base filter with just slight tweaks to a few things to get the sky and clouds the way I like them. As always, you will likely need to set your own custom...

Forgot to add a tweaking suggestion to my update yesterday, but you might consider trying this to get a little less washed out look to the colors.

Open the ppfilter editor or use Notepad++ and go to the ToneMapping section. Raise the Filmic_Contrast from 0.10 to 0.20. Lower the Exposure from 0.34 to 0.33 and increase the gamma by .03. If this puts too much pop in the colors, either adjust the saturation level or just enable EXT_COLOR_GRADING. The CG file has a vibrancy layer that reduces the overall vibrancy of the colors.

_AC_Colors ppfilter for Sol 2.2+ and Pure

Got to fooling around with contrast and gamma so I have another set for people to try if they like, plus something new. I know it's long but please read this entire explanation so you can better understand the differences and what's new.

The two included filters are identical except for the levels of gamma, contrast and exposure. They render about the same except AC_Colors has darker shadows but more washed out looking colors. AC_Natural has sharper looking texture colors but softer...

_AC_Colors ppfilter

Probably the last Sol update for this filter because I finally got everything just the way I want it for Sol. The Pure part is still a work in progress.

I realize this is not a popular filter based on the download numbers, but i'm still releasing this update for people to try. Maybe it's just my monitor settings, but I just don't see the world as dark as the more popular filters. To me the world is a bright, colorful place and that's the direction I went with this filter. To some it...

_AC_Colors ppfilter

This is my take on a Pure 0.142 filter (with Sol support still included). I'll come right out and say it, it's a boring filter. It's not good for photos or videos. It's just supposed to mimic boring old real life and is basically how I see the world. So what's the point in releasing it. Because it is highly customizable for those who maybe like to fool around with different looks, but lack the knowledge to create their own filter.

If you open up the Pure Config app and click on the PP...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back