Misc __Sol_Warm ppfilters

Status
Not open for further replies.
racinjoe013 submitted a new resource:

__Sol_Extra_Warm ppfilter - The __Sol_Extra ppfilter with warmer color tone

I love the __Sol_Extra filter, but on my monitor it always had a blue overtone to it so I took the original and made one slight alteration to try and give it a warmer tone. I found the colors really popped and thought i'd share it. It may or may not work for you the way it did for me because everyone's screen\monitor is calibrated differently so your results may not be the same as mine.

Let me be clear, I take no credit for this what-so-ever. All credit goes to Peter Boese and anyone...

Read more about this resource...

You guys can just use the sol_config app and set the color balance by yourself. No need to have extra PPFilters...
1580582585485.png

Hey, thank you. I didn't know that. I've never opened the Sol Config app before. There's so many things you can do with Sol, I somehow overlooked this option. Guess I can consider deleting the resource then.

Question though, when you change that, does it save automatically or do you have to go in an edit the whitebalance every time?

Last edited:
racinjoe013 updated __Sol_Warm ppfilters with a new update entry:

__Sol_Warm ppfilters 1.3

No change to the ppfilters, but I've been playing around with the weather plans and created some simple weather plans for cloudy and rainy conditions. You can read the weather plan explanation text file to understand how they are setup and what type of weather each one will create. Much like the filters, nothing special about them. Just something different you can play around with to change it up every now and then.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I will get screen shots later. You can achieve the same result using the stock __Sol filters and white balance adjustment like Peter mentioned above. That way will give you more control to find the balance you like so i'd say it is the better route to take.

I just choose to do it via a custom filter so that when I try another filter I don't have to remember to also change the white balance setting back to its default or the new filter will not show as intended. Easier for me to just change\remember one thing.

EDIT: This is using the _Sol_Extra (left) vs. my _Sol_Extra_Warm (right) filter. Only a subtle difference, but I found the colors were more vibrant when I made the change and I liked it better. Best place to compare is too look at the hillside in the background. The nice thing is I can easily switch back to the original if I want to get more of a bluer look.

Image2.jpg

Last edited:

__Sol_Warm ppfilters 1.6

As I drove more tracks using my filters, I found some track graphics (specifically the grass) came out too yellow using my original Warm filters. So I made two new versions for the _Sol_Extra and _Sol_ACC that are a middle ground between the original _Sol ppfilters and my Warm versions. They still lean towards the warm tone but don't render with as much yellow overtone as my original Warm versions.

I think with these and the original _Sol ppfilters, they cover a nice range of tones to...

__Sol_Warm ppfilters 1.7

Just a small update to the filters, no change to the weather plans. Added a new set that includes a small bit of contrast to the colors. May be a bit much for some but I like when the colors are vibrant, especially when racing on bright sunny days. Found adding a touch of contrast really brought out the colors on the cars and helped show some fine details in the road and track textures when watching replays. The original filters are still included so you can revert back.

Remember, you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back