9700K vs 3700X

A quick test from way down toward the back of the grid...every car selected.
Remember too, I am mirroring what I have in the headset to the monitor...as well as using Geforce Experience to capture in real time.
All those impart additional workload to the process.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

/\ Flat screen?
If not, please post your settings for VR? Is it really 90 fps or reprojection?

A quick test from far down the grid...all cars selected.
Remember too, I am mirroring what I have in the headset to the monitor...as well as using Geforce Experience to capture in real time..

Is that with 45fps or 90fps?

Remember, ACC supports ASW 2.0 which is (at least from my experience) much better at faking the 90fps experience.

I still prefer the native framerate and honestly have a hard time to believe a 3600x can run ACC in VR with a full grid at a constant 90fps.

Is that with 45fps or 90fps?

Remember, ACC supports ASW 2.0 which is (at least from my experience) much better at faking the 90fps experience.

I still prefer the native framerate and honestly have a hard time to believe a 3600x can run ACC in VR with a full grid at a constant 90fps.
Do you really care what the fps are, if you can't discern between 45 and 90 fps in your headset and everything is 'glass' smooth? ....me neither.

Do you really care what the fps are, if you can't discern between 45 and 90 fps in your headset and everything is 'glass' smooth? ....me neither.
Well you took the time to record the video. We all would be very very thankful if you could re-do the two situations (especially the one with the full grid) and log the "reprojection time".
I don't have VR so I don't know how to do it but apparently you are the only one here being active on a forum, owning a 3600 and knowing some stuff about everything.

Would be great to have a reprojection-time-statistic for the ones who consider getting one of the new Ryzen! :)

Yes i do and i can absolutely see the difference between ASW and native 90fps without artifacting, thank you.

That answers my question though, 45fps it is (don't understand why you can't simply answer the question though).

Not enough for me.

Great topic because I’m in the middle of the same upgrade and considering the 9600KF which lacks the internal Vcard, I know very handy at troubleshooting, but also €50,- cheaper.
I think if not being an overclocker AMD’s new Ryzen is a very good alternative to Intel, only I do overclocking. In this case for the selection of my Z390 motherboard I always check the results of VRM heat reviews, as can be see in this topic, https://nl.hardware.info/artikel/88...w-+-vrm-test-welk-bord-is-echt-8-core-waardig sorry it is in Dutch, but I know Google translator can be helpful or check on other test sites.
Then about the bios, I always go for motherboards that have an dual bios, or “failsafe” reset like ASUS or separate Bios chip. Yep sometimes you have an blocked Motherboard.
RAM, always check if the RAM is listed for your motherboard. I know some will say RAM is RAM, but in my case I did once have an compatibility issue on a P67 board, so be warned.

This is the hardware I'm going to build for AC/rF2 in VR, let me know your opinion:
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB DDR4-3200 CL16 kit
Intel Core i5 9600KF Boxed
Noctua NH-D15
rest like M2/SSD/PSU/case will be re-used.

Last edited:
Very strange I see in my country the better 9600KF does have the same price as the 9350KF (this was €50 more) so check prices before buying an CPU.
Well for me in Germany the 9600k WOF is the cheapest from all 9600k's. Strange things everywhere :p
I wouldn't go with an i3 though. Most benchmarks show that even the 8350k at over 5 GHz was slower than the 8400 in almost every game.

Well you took the time to record the video. We all would be very very thankful if you could re-do the two situations (especially the one with the full grid) and log the "reprojection time".
I don't have VR so I don't know how to do it but apparently you are the only one here being active on a forum, owning a 3600 and knowing some stuff about everything.

Would be great to have a reprojection-time-statistic for the ones who consider getting one of the new Ryzen! :)

I've got a Ryzen 3600 (non 'x' about 3% slower) and using the Oculus Tray Tool/Visual Hud/performance I found that reprojection is on all the time in ACC*. In AC it varies, 50% on...

Edit:
*To a add a caveat to my findings. I haven't used ACC in several months. With my old cpu - i7 3770 - I think I was getting 80%+ cpu usage & 100% GPU (1080ti), now I'm getting a lot less - 35/60 percent respectively. Even though it looks good & plays smoothly, I probably need to look @ my settings again.

Last edited:
Yes i do and i can absolutely see the difference between ASW and native 90fps without artifacting, thank you.

That answers my question though, 45fps it is (don't understand why you can't simply answer the question though).

Not enough for me.
Im sorry....I wasn't aware I was answering a question to satisfy you specifically.

Im sorry....I wasn't aware I was answering a question to satisfy you specifically.

Well...just a crazy idea but maybe others are interested in the performance figures as well? Just because you can't tell the difference between ASW and native 90fps does not mean others can't. And yes, some people simply prefer no interpolation.

I will do that for you when I get home this evening.

I will do that for you when I get home this evening.
Thank you :)
I might upgrade during the summer and I'm not sure what to buy... 3600, 3600x, 3700x, 9700k...
And ofc nobody on the whole internet tested a racing sim in VR yet.

That's why we are asking for some real data/reprojection time. The youtube video is rendered into 60 fps so no matter if you're running 45 fps + asw or 90 fps, we can't find out anything apart from "yep, running nicely" and how good your racing skills are :D

I wouldn't care if I would've decided on a CPU yet but to know what performance I'd get with the 3600x in the future when I'll go VR is very interesting for me!

I wouldn't care if I would've decided on a CPU yet but to know what performance I'd get with the 3600x in the future when I'll go VR is very interesting for me!

I think saying "VR performance" is too vague these days.

There are different engines, refresh rates and resolutions.

There appear to be three different "major" VR engines and then a couple.
  • Oculus
  • OpenVR ( SteamVR)
  • Windows Mixed Reality
  • * Pimax has their own toolkit
  • * StarVR appears to have their own engine as well even if it is SteamVR tracking compatible.
The various headsets have the capability of running anywhere between 60-144 fps depending on the headset.

Right now it seems that the typical resolution is very similar for most headsets except the PiMax and Reverb for the moment. The Chronos will add yet another resolution spec.

So there is a huge gap between the requirements to drive a Rift CV1 vs an Index or Reverb if you are trying to maximize what each headset is capable of. I would argue that current hardware available can't max out the capabilities of a Pimax, Index, or Reverb yet.

Since an Index can be run as low as 80fps, it should be capable of being run on a system that currently runs a CV1, but if you want to run the higher refresh rates you will probably end up with a 90fps native or 60->120 fps reprojection for most sims.

It was just a test that compared IPC for both. Same clocks, same DDR4-3600 RAM. Intel won in almost all games they tested even running at the same clock speed, so running at close to 5GHz it should beat the hell out of AMD that can't go over 4.4

So basically you are saying that at full clock speed the 9900K had a 20-30+% advantage depending on the test.

I did see on Gamer's Nexus where Intel has announced lots of chip level interconnect technology coming that allows them to create a single package with multiple chips connected internally in 3 dimensions.

I'm hoping for Intel 10th gen chips with 10nm process and multi-chip interconnect and an "impressive" increase in power combined with microcode based multiprocessing logic. I'm also hoping for a 3080Ti using 7nm process with much faster clock speeds and many more CUDA cores.

Hopefully I'm not just wishing for unicorns...

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back