Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom 1995 AMG-Mercedes C-Klasse DTM.jpg

Better late than never with the news - Sector3 Studios have released the 1995 issue AMG-Mercedes C-Klasse DTM alongside a new RaceRoom Racing Experience update...

Having recently announced a series of new vehicles to celebrate the final year of Mercedes participation in the German DTM series this season, RaceRoom Racing Experience have revealed the 1995 specification AMG-Mercedes C-Klasse DTM has joined the simulation, bringing to R3E one of the most advanced touring cars of all time, and a legend of the German series at arguably its peak of competitiveness in the mid 1990's.

Of course the car is likely to dominate the headlines of this May update release, but it is worth noting some very interesting new features that have sneaked into the update changelog - most noticeable of which is the improved pitstop implementation within the game, adding a very welcome menu adjustment that confirms requested changes have been acknowledged before reaching your pit box. Other welcome additions include a input meter and fixed setup server options, alongside an array of fixes and improvements to the title.

RaceRoom AMG-Mercedes C-Klasse DTM 1995.jpg

May 8th RaceRoom Racing Experience Update Change Notes:

Game:

• Pitstop menu now automatically confirms the requested changes upon entering the pitlane.
  • Added an input meter graph showing steering and pedals axes and a keybinding to toggle it on/off from the HUD. It was made to also be working in replays and render no matter the camera. Position and scale of this new HUD element are up to user’s preferences through hud_options.xml. Default has been aligned with FFB meter.
  • Added a “Fixed Setup” option to dedicated servers. When enabled, players are only allowed to modify the fuel and the brake pressure.
  • Added support for upcoming “Fixed Setup” time attack competitions.
  • Cockpit steering animation setting now has an extra option to render the steering wheel in a static position. Useful for cars featuring a data display on the steering wheel (ie. BMW M235i Racing or Formula cars)
  • Added more data to Dedicated server results .json: StartPosition, StartPositionInClass were added to Session. Sector Times, PositionInClass and a boolean stating if the lap was valid or not were added to Lap.
  • Updated to libcef 3.3282.1742 / Chromium 64.0.3282.119. Should help with certain crash reports and users reporting black screens.
  • Game now waits a full minute for http requests and ghost uploads after some users reported failed upload of leaderboard entries.
  • Changed so laps completed, invalid laps & best lap time statistics are not sent to the backend if cut track rules are disabled.
  • Changed so driving at high speed on grass (ie: on the side of a straight) now triggers a yellow flag event.
  • Changed so a car causing a yellow flag event is allowed to overtake other cars inside the yellow zone.
  • Fixed LED’s of the Fanatec CSL Elite that were lighting up by group of 3 instead of 1 by 1.
  • Fixed a bounce of the vehicle that could be observed with certain cars upon spawning on track.
  • Fixed a case where some users would still receive penalties upon spawning on the starting grid.
  • AI - Fixed a reported game crash related to DRS / PTP zones.
  • AI - Fixed a case where AI would sometimes be caught pitting before the pitlane opened.
  • AI - Added some variations to their tyre management to increase pitstop strategy differences.
  • VR - Added a loop for VR initialization so it tries 3 times before returning failure. In case it's just a temporary error.
  • VR - Fixed an issue where some system chat messages could not be seen (such as “user has joined the server” messages)
  • VR - Fixed a reported game crash
  • VR - Fixed an issue where the head position would move erratically when transiting to another racing session.
  • Tweaks to the revlimiter code to get more of a dogtooth effect in the rpm.
  • Tweaks to pitlane speed limiter to reduce some bouncing over the speed limit in certain cars. Just like in a real car, it is recommended to not apply full throttle while on limiter.
  • Tweaks to the slow-down penalty messages to make it more explicit that the user has to give up a certain time advantage.

Sounds, cameras, physics & AI:
  • All Tracks - Tweaked AI pace in qualifying versus race
  • Audi RS 3 LMS - Triple screen cockpit camera is now properly positioned
  • Formula RaceRoom 2 - Tweaks to AI braking ability to better match player’s
  • Formula RaceRoom U.S. - Sound adjustments to the idle and low revs
  • Mistral M530 - Improvements to cockpit sounds
  • Nordschleife - Fixed AI scraping the apex guardrail during a race start on the Nordschleife layout
  • RedBull Ring - Tweaks to cut corridors
  • Sachsenring - Tweaks to cut corridors
  • Silverstone - Fixed AI braking in an unsafe manner to enter the pitlane

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation from Sector3 Studios.

If you like RaceRoom and want to keep up to date with all the latest news and discussions, head on over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum. We host a whole range of top quality club racing events in our Racing Club, plus we offer a great place to hang out and discuss the game with your fellow R3E fans. Pop over and say hello today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Have you tried the new update yet? Do you like the new DTM Mercedes? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Nice update, would love to have the Alfa as well at some point but judging by the reasons behind this release it doesn't look like it (l live in hope though!)

Anyway, a '95 DTM car is always fun nonetheless, I bet it's great fun and will be a regular on here :)

Contrary to what the headline/article might (once again, I have to add) suggest, that 1995 DTM car is only available as part of the Mercedes competition. It's not available in the store and you can't drive it outside the competition.

95 wow:-(... waiting of 18 nur nothing.

Raceroom doesn't own the license to do 2017 or 2018 DTM.

guys any news about availability of that tcr Audi?

No news as far as I know. I believe it has been mentioned the TCR cars will only be released all at once, though.

No idea. But I believe it was mentioned they were not really interested in getting it, not that it was sold to someone else. Don't quote me on that, though.
i don't think any other sims interested in it anymore right now, may be they didn't see a good future after Mercedes announce and now they want to see what will happen after Mercedes leaving DTM and what manufacturer will come in instead, just my personal opinion

Added an input meter graph showing steering and pedals axes and a keybinding to toggle it on/off from the HUD. It was made to also be working in replays and render no matter the camera. Position and scale of this new HUD element are up to user’s preferences through hud_options.xml. Default has been aligned with FFB meter.
I have mapped the new 'Input Meter' and it comes up on my Triple Screens as per attached photo...finally found the 'hud_options.xml' file in the 'My Documents' area for Raceroom...eeerrr...what now, all the info in that file is just jibberish to me...LOL...How to you resize and re-position it?
RACEROOM Input Meter POSITION TRIPLE SCREEN.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back