90s DTM Mods (Tommys78, others?)

Hi everyone,

as some of you already know i am a big fan of creating and driving custom championships in AC. Preferably as near to the real series as possible.

One thing i am still not satisfied with is a 90s DTM Championship. Already the 3 Kunos cars do not play very well together. I added some freemods of Sierra and Audi V8 to expand the grid.
I have made experiments with weight ballast and restictors, which is working well in most of my created series where it is needed.
But here with the 90s DTM i become weak results.

So i took a look at Tommy78 DTM 1991 paymod which includes all 5 cars. I did not found much comments about the quality of this mod.
What i did find is a physics replacement for 3 cars of the pack, here at RD. For me its not a good sign, whenever original must be replaced.

So long story short - Has someone this pack and can tell me if something about it.

Or do someone know another good oldschool DTM mods?

Thank you in advance

Hi everyone,

as some of you already know i am a big fan of creating and driving custom championships in AC. Preferably as near to the real series as possible.

One thing i am still not satisfied with is a 90s DTM Championship. Already the 3 Kunos cars do not play very well together. I added some freemods of Sierra and Audi V8 to expand the grid.
I have made experiments with weight ballast and restictors, which is working well in most of my created series where it is needed.
But here with the 90s DTM i become weak results.

So i took a look at Tommy78 DTM 1991 paymod which includes all 5 cars. I did not found much comments about the quality of this mod.
What i did find is a physics replacement for 3 cars of the pack, here at RD. For me its not a good sign, whenever original must be replaced.

So long story short - Has someone this pack and can tell me if something about it.

Or do someone know another good oldschool DTM mods?

Thank you in advance
Tommy78s latest release of his pack seems to have finally get rid of the fake copy&paste physics he release the pack with initially. Now all his cars have at least the correct type of suspension... if its good suspension, I don't know, I haven't really tested them.
But from short analysis (to make sure he's not just selling his cars with my replacement physics) it seems like it's still not done too well, at least the Opel will now have ridiculous bump steer on the rear.

Tommy78s latest release of his pack seems to have finally get rid of the fake copy&paste physics he release the pack with initially. Now all his cars have at least the correct type of suspension... if its good suspension, I don't know, I haven't really tested them.
But from short analysis (to make sure he's not just selling his cars with my replacement physics) it seems like it's still not done too well, at least the Opel will now have ridiculous bump steer on the rear.
ok thats a very usefull information, thx. Maybe i just "risk" and go for the pack. Must think about it :coffee:

There's a free mod of the Opel Calibra DTM/ITC car around, and I saw another pay mod for the 1994 championship cars (4 cars I think). But I haven't tried either of the pay mods so I don't know how good/bad they are. I'd be interested in hearing whether other people have tried these as well.

Opel Calibra ITC 1996 | RaceDepartment

oh yes i had the calibra installed once. Was good if i remember correct. But by that time i did not found any good cars for the calibra to race with

btw. i think this 1994 mod come from simdream and about them, you hear nothing good.

Last edited:
ok thats a very usefull information, thx. Maybe i just "risk" and go for the pack. Must think about it :coffee:
I mean it's what, 15€ maybe? Less than an ight at the pub :roflmao: The car models are great, proper LODs etc, Tommy78 is a 3D artist first and it shows, from that side alone its a great investment. If you get them and test them I'd like some feedback, as right now I'm unsure if I should work on on my replacement physics (which work great, but have weird issues on my version of the Audi, it's interior view has a weird shake to itself).

I mean it's what, 15€ maybe? Less than an ight at the pub :roflmao:

Whats a night in a pub :O_o: ?? i can`t remember :mad:;) (fucXXXX corona)
15€ for you and me are maybe nothing, yes. But in other countries its maybe worth a full TrippleA game. So everything depending where you live. :thumbsup:

Back to the topic: I have bought the DTM91 pack. I have tested every car few minutes than already setup a championship and completed the first race with mercedes.

First impressions are - The cars are modelled well, very detailed. Maybe not "4k" but still nice enough looking.
What suprised me in a positive way is, nearly all liveries of the 91`season are included. This is huge.

One maybe important thing for purists is - the audi rings and the merc star are missing. It is probably a licence issue.

The physics are lets say a bit better than the 3 kunos DTM cars, which for me always are bit lifeless and to easy to drive. Like i said its better here but still very similar.
I did not notice any weird things yet. But i am not a physics pro...

The sounds are ok, lets say 3 cars are really good, but the merc and bmw are weaker than the kunos counterparts. But i must admit i think i have fonseckers sound mods installed here.

Another important thing was for me of course, how they all work in a grid together. And i must say YES they work very good. In the 1 race-qualifying at Zolder all grid (21) was within 3 seconds, which is pretty good result in assetto.

What i disliked is the fact the Mustang and Opel seems bit too strong, where the BMW is the weakest car in pack. Maybe it was only the case in Zolder, but i think it could be balanced more realistic.

However i had a massive bug which is kind of annoying and i hope it will be fixed in near future. The cars all has medium and rain tires. In Practice and Qualifying the AI chooses the rain tires. Thats obviously bad. So to be able to run a fair competition i have used the rain tires in qualify too.

The last thing which is very positive is the fact - the AI is faster than with the original kunos cars. For many it is still a gamebreaker with the kunos DTM cars.

So my conclusion is - if you like DTM and want setup the 1991 season and can live with the few "bugs" - go for it. Its worth the money

But if you expect quality something like RSS GT Pack....you maybe will be disappointed.

I like the pack, i am glad i got it, but everyone must decide for homself. Its nothing breathtaking.

Last edited:
I have liked tommys cars and no need for alternative physics.
before this recent update all of Tommy78's cars, even the Mustang, used the same suspension copied from the Kunos F40 ... which was ofc illegal and even a scam maybe. I asked him about it and he said he couldn't get the physics he created for the RF2 release of those cars to work in AC... but suddenly once I release my replacement physics he got it to work, how curious :rolleyes:

Anyway, good to hear that it also works right out of the box now

Whats a night in a pub :O_o: ?? i can`t remember :mad:;) (fucXXXX corona)
15€ for you and me are maybe nothing, yes. But in other countries its maybe worth a full TrippleA game. So everything depending where you live. :thumbsup:

Back to the topic: I have bought the DTM91 pack. I have tested every car few minutes than already setup a championship and completed the first race with mercedes.

First impressions are - The cars are modelled well, very detailed. Maybe not "4k" but still nice enough looking.
What suprised me in a positive way is, nearly all liveries of the 91`season are included. This is huge.

One maybe important thing for purists is - the audi rings and the merc star are missing. It is probably a licence issue.

The physics are lets say a bit better than the 3 kunos DTM cars, which for me always are bit lifeless and to easy to drive. Like i said its better here but still very similar.
I did not notice any weird things yet. But i am not a physics pro...

The sounds are ok, lets say 3 cars are really good, but the merc and bmw are weaker than the kunos counterparts. But i must admit i think i have fonseckers sound mods installed here.

Another important thing was for me of course, how they all work in a grid together. And i must say YES they work very good. In the 1 race-qualifying at Zolder all grid (21) was within 3 seconds, which is pretty good result in assetto.

What i disliked is the fact the Mustang and Opel seems bit too strong, where the BMW is the weakest car in pack. Maybe it was only the case in Zolder, but i think it could be balanced more realistic.

However i had a massive bug which is kind of annoying and i hope it will be fixed in near future. The cars all has medium and rain tires. In Practice and Qualifying the AI chooses the rain tires. Thats obviously bad. So to be able to run a fair competition i have used the rain tires in qualify too.

The last thing which is very positive is the fact - the AI is faster than with the original kunos cars. For many it is still a gamebreaker with the kunos DTM cars.

So my conclusion is - if you like DTM and want setup the 1991 season and can live with the few "bugs" - go for it. Its worth the money

But if you expect quality something like RSS GT Pack....you maybe will be disappointed.

I like the pack, i am glad i got it, but everyone must decide for homself. Its nothing breathtaking.

Sounds good then - I'll probably buy the pack myself at some point. I wonder why they use wets?

URD's modern DTM pay mods (2013/15 and 2018) are really well done I think, if you like the modern cars. Shame we won't be seeing those cars again in real life.

If you use Content Manager you can set Restrictor/Ballast/Driver Skill for each individual car - you can even add more ballast than 200 kg if you type the number manually, so there'll be some way to even the grid out. You could also download an app called Car Tuner and change each car's power, weight etc there very easily (it creates an alternate version of the car so you keep the original version as well). Ballast is a very good way of balancing AI driver skills I think (if you're trying to create the real life drivers), much better than just using the skill level and aggression ratings.

You can add ballast to your own car as well - I do that all the time around tracks the AI are slow at. But yeah, I'd definitely recommend downloading CM.
Yes I know that and i did so. But it has no effect of slowing me down.

Everyone recommends CM I know but I don’t need it. I use CSP and other stuff „manually“
Sorry i don’t explain it why because I already explained it few times in other threads

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back