90's BTCC mod?

So i did a google search for a BTCC mod and came across the Sim Dream site which seemed to have a perfect set of BTCC mods but a bit of research then highlighted their dodgy tactics and quality.

Is this still the case? And if so are there any decent 90s BTCC mod packs out there?

First off...calm down...I said they 'looked' good not 'are' good, the screenshots looked amazing but like I said i looked into it and found out they ripped off other mods. Geez some people really need to read things properly before they reply.

And if this wasnt the ONLY 90s BTCC mod pack out there I wouldnt be posting this

Sadly no good Super Touring Car Mod available as yet. There is something WIP from one of the mods on RD but it's a slow one. Race07 has a scratch built mod on RD, which was recently ported to rF2 a legit conversion. Can an get you a link later when on PC if you want?

Yeah Sim Dream mods won't do you any good. I'm glad you did your research before spending money.

You probably know of the Nissam Primera:

and there is more in the pipeline:

I am one of those "fools" that bought all 4 BTCC packs from Sim Dream. My verdict... I personally love racing them! I did swap some of the engine sounds in Content Manage from different cars but other than that on my CSW V2.5 I am having a great time with them.
Screenshot_btcc_1995_renault_laguna_oulton_park_24-10-119-19-41-54.jpg

I am one of those "fools" that bought all 4 BTCC packs from Sim Dream. My verdict... I personally love racing them! I did swap some of the engine sounds in Content Manage from different cars but other than that on my CSW V2.5 I am having a great time with them.View attachment 342830

Me also and do find it entertaining, I did a youtube video and had many comments that I should not buy their content, my response was OK where can I get it from a responsible source and I am prepared to pay? Nothing but tumble weed, look I fully understand where people are coming from with this, but if there is no alternative, then I say buy it.
People who want free content are not supporting the content creators, websites and adapting models and skins take time=money, if they where just be upfront and acknowledge the original content or creators that would probably go along way to smooth things out, you would still get the millitant people, but that will always be a thing.

If the only way it's available is by stealing, just treat it as not available? You're just encouraging them to steal more, and that drives away the people who made the content in the first place. (literally; SDD has driven other sim websites out of existence with fraudulent copyright claims, to make sure you have to buy mods from them instead of it being free from who actually made it). Your money is straight up going towards preventing the existence of new content.

Last edited:
If i may throw in my 5Cents .... i am also against what SDD is doing and stands for. BUT i would not blame someone buying something there,
especially in this case, where obviously this BTCC Pack is available only there.
We are all grown up and must decide for our selfes.
There are situations in our lifes, there is only option to "make a deal with the devil", or let it be.

Another example Ama?on is destroying jobs and whole companies around the globe. I know it, i don`t like it - but i am still using it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 118 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 89 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 127 13.7%