• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

EU 90 Minutes of Petit Le Mans @ Road Atlanta - Sun 7 July 2019

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Racing Club' started by JoelK, Jun 30, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 07-07-19
  1. Bobby Pennington

Bobby Pennington
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,804
    I laugh because that's exactly what I did and I did it more than once :O_o::confused::mad::cautious::D:D:D:D Let me know when you get to the trifecta :laugh:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Kek700

Kek700
    Premium

Ratings:
    +483
    @Asterix As i trundled across the gravel, i “also” thought “ Why did you do that “.:(

excuse:- in that corner mayhem, me on the inside, i completely lost sight of my braking marker,
    then it suddenly dawned on me that the big old heavy Nissan was massively out braking everyone, i thought :poop::confused:

• Beer Beer x 3
  3. marek2209

marek2209
    Premium

Ratings:
    +41
    Well, as expected, that was a frustrating first multiclass race for me :O_o: But it still was a good experience and it was fun to overtake the GT3 cars (the only cars I was racing in this race :roflmao:). Thanks for organizing :thumbsup:

With literally just a few minutes practice with both the car and the track (yep, next time I will read the track name 3 times and with a magnifying glass :geek:), I didn't expect much :p
    I made many, many mistakes and had a big crash in the last corner.. with a huge impact in the wall, which led to both front and engine damage :whistling: That crash was really strange, I probably just made a wrong move with the steering wheel at that bump over there :cautious:
    Was really thinking about giving up at this moment (my headache was also killing me :thumbsdown:) but when I realized that the car is still driveable, I decided to end the race and to do repairs in the last pitstop :cool:
    So in the last 10 minutes of the race I finally got some "groove" with both the car and the track :D

• Beer Beer x 1
  4. GEO147

GEO147
    Premium

Ratings:
    +162
    I made so many mistakes. I thought it was a 40 min race due to not reading the title correctly myself. That one error caused a spiral of f*** ups with my pit stops as I tried to create a strategy in a panic.

But the freezes were the main problem I had.

• Beer Beer x 2
  5. Chris Down

Chris Down
    Premium

Ratings:
    +252
    And after 9999 hours of YouTube processing for some reason, here's my VR onboard:

• Beer Beer x 4
    • Love Love x 2
  6. Bobby Pennington

Bobby Pennington
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,804
    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: I'll be watching some of it. I watched the first 5 minutes and you are insanely quick. Doesn't seem like the travel hurt your pace at all.

• Love Love x 1
  7. Jivesauce

Jivesauce
    Premium

Ratings:
    +79
    Hahaha oh man that start was even more hairy than I remembered it being. I was trying so desperately not to run into the back of Anders when he started to slide, got way out of shape, and went for a little ride; much to the consternation of everyone behind me I'm sure!

It's interesting how much grass you use on the left hander at the end of the esses, I need to try that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. marek2209

marek2209
    Premium

Ratings:
    +41
    Yeah man, your vids are awesome :D
    And I really like that VR feeling :cool:
    So there's no Virtual Mirror when you are using VR?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Enzo Fazzi

Enzo Fazzi
    Always sideways Premium

Ratings:
    +787
    Yeah there is no virtual mirror in VR. It was tough with the proto's in the Lambo too, as it has no center mirror or camera either.

10. RobertR1

RobertR1
    Premium

Ratings:
    +373
    The 650s doesn't either. Although with the Pimax large fov you can use the side mirrors without turning your head. Still, carradar is a must have addon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.