AC 90 Minutes of Petit Le Mans @ Road Atlanta - Sun 7 July 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
A bit of a bad experience in this race, got a **** setup, by me:(
got a bad race strategy, that was me also.:(
had a load of problems with the corvettes. that was probably my fault too.:)
Caused a big catastrophe near end of the race, completely misjudged the braking point,
my fault again.:(

so i can only a apologise to all that may have had the misfortune to come across me in this race.

I really enjoyed my short but pleasant spell behind John. :) before i got corvetted.:(

And a thank you to @JoelK for the effort in organising this event,
hope you were not one of my victims.:whistling:

Thanks for the great race! Nice to come back with a win :) Really love this track, and the proto + GT3 combo was really cool, we should definitely do that again.

Sorry @Asterix for the contact when overtaking, as well, totally my fault.

Last edited:
Before we started racing I knew I had a bad race strategy, I really do not know what I was thinking ...2 stops on soft tires...stupid ... But still had a lot of fun, my aim was to finish and I managed that.

Prototypes were fine for me, I went wide a couple of times on a bend, but was not forced to and only lost maybe 2/10 max.

Great race thanks Joel

Last edited:
Very intens racing, very glad it was "only" 90 minutes. After qualy I went to the toilet and when I came back we were at the starting line, me with only 10 liters of fuel. So I left the game and joined again but everyone was already out of sight. Fortunately I catched up with Craig and Darryl for some battles.

I don't know exactly the rules but some LMP's were overtaking in the S-curves and forced me to brake hard or leave the track.

Thanks Joel for organizing!

Very intens racing, very glad it was "only" 90 minutes. After qualy I went to the toilet and when I came back we were at the starting line, me with only 10 liters of fuel. So I left the game and joined again but everyone was already out of sight. Fortunately I catched up with Craig and Darryl for some battles.

I don't know exactly the rules but some LMP's were overtaking in the S-curves and forced me to brake hard or leave the track.

Thanks Joel for organizing!

Maybe they thought you was inviting them by? ...I never had any issues in the S-curves, many times a prototype was behind me on the S-curves and no attempt was made :thumbsup:

Maybe they thought you was inviting them by? ...I never had any issues in the S-curves, many times a prototype was behind me on the S-curves and no attempt was made :thumbsup:
Hmm, that's possible. Thanks for the tip!:thumbsup:

Great racing today! Qualified P5 in the DP class, and thought I would finish P5. But early on the first lap some of the guys ahead of me had some trouble, and I jumped up to P3 for a short while. I held on to P4 till the end of the race with 2 successful pit stops. I managed my tires better than I thought as I changed tires with fuel both stops. But by the end of both of my stints before the pits and the end of the race, my tire temp were still really good with grip. Should have changed tires once.

Love this multi class environment! So much action everywhere. These DP's are my favorite to drive in AC! Love watching them too in the WeatherTech series. I watched about 12 minutes out of the last 17 minutes of the race at Mosport (couple hours away from me lol) while the GT3's qualified :D

HUGE thank you to the GT3 guys I came across. I had no issues passing. I was held up a few times but no one's fault as I had to respect the GT3 race.

Could someone please post the race results? They weren't available from my end for some reason...

Thank you @JoelK for hosting and Craig for helping with the server setup!
Congrats to Wolf and Chris for the W and the podiums in both classes. Y'all were really quick! Thanks everyone for coming out!
As I continue to learn car setups, I have recently shifted my mindset of "a good setup will make me faster" to now "a good setup will give me a stable car-and adjusting my driving style for the track/car combo will help make me consistent and fast enough to compete."

Well, for me I didn't think of passing there... I did try it offline against the ai and we wiped out quick!:roflmao::roflmao:
So for the race I stayed back...

A bit frustrating really, but certainly 'busy'!

Qualified 3rd in class, spent all of the race in 3rd, finished in 3rd.

Got a cracking start but was far too timid at turn 1 and backed right off all the way through until the first straight after the essess. I was a little bit slower than @Enzo Fazzi in front and a little bit faster than @Spilskinanka behind so both gaps gradually opened up and I was left to my own devices pretty much until the last ten minutes. @Kek700 came out of the pits behind me a lap down but obviously lower on fuel and with much better tyres. Unfortunately he tried to unlap himself at the end of the long straight as I was trying to deal with a DP blue flag and a GT3 blue flag as @Chris Down was also trying to get by at exactly the same time. I just stuck to a predictable line and it went a bit tits up for Ernie & the DP. At the bridge I moved left to give Chris the overtake but he decided to have a quick cuddle that punted me off sideways - he was worried about the earlier incident cars coming back on track there so also moved over. Apologised and luckily I just managed to get back on track in front of Matt and hold the class P3. No worries.

Apologies also to Ernie - I had a few choice words when he went past and took out the DP. I couldn't understand why at that particular time he chose to do so with two other lapping cars going on, trying to pass me with no seeming gain to be had with only a few laps left. We've raced before and it's always been fair and gentlemanly so apols again.

Many thanks to @JoelK for hosting - good stuff.

Thanks for letting me join you guys for this race, had a pretty good time!

I also had a good experience getting around the GT3 cars and hope most had a good experience with me. Early on I did have a couple rough ones where I thought they were letting me by and misinterpreted their actions, but I started playing it much safer after that and didn't have any more issues. Oh, and something about the combination of the straight line speed of the Lambo and his driving style made it feel practically impossible to cleanly pass @Enzo Fazzi! To be clear, it was entirely my fault, nothing he did wrong, but god I don't know how many times I locked up and ran wide going into a turn next to him trying to pass, it was both hilarious and embarrassing! :laugh:

One I want to mention specifically: in the first 20 minutes or so I was passing an AMG GT3 (I only caught a glimpse of the name, but looking at the entrants I think it had to have been @Maciej Strzeboński) at the top of the hill in the last corner and I thought you were letting me by, but I don't think you expected me to pass so when you moved over to take your normal line I had to move even further to the inside and when we jumped over the crest of the hill it forced me way further outside than I wanted to go and bumped you which of course sent you down the hill with no chance to recover. If I'm not mistaken, you left the server a short time later. I feel terrible about that, I want to make sure you know I didn't intend to bully my way through and especially didn't want to cause you to quit for the day. :(

Ok I do have one really embarrassing question I hope you will all help me with that reveals how relatively inexperienced I am: how do you manage pit stops in this game?!? I had my pit presets done with tire pressures and fuel loads, but every time I entered the pit box it would just start automatically giving me full fuel and no new tires, so I would have to press escape and choose "back to pits" to get new tires or adjust fuel load, which of course gives a penalty. I hate to admit this, but I lost over two minutes in penalties alone trying to figure out what was going on during my two pitstops, not to speak of the time just clicking around trying to make something different happen...!

Thanks @JoelK for letting me join you EU boys; I'll be back again sometime if you will have me!

Although frustrating at times, still a fun race.

Had to slam on the brakes 3 times to avoid cars spinning, either on their own or with a little help. Had to avoid prototypes cutting across my nose in the braking zone. Also felt like driving a GTE car with the amount of GT3 traffic, of course exclusively in the esses with my luck. That being said, @Chris Down must've been driving a GT1 car if I was in a GTE, good race dude!

Maybe it's an idea to do a rolling start where the class polesitters call the green flag? The first lap was a bit of a mess. I remember we've done this in the past, like 2-3 years ago.

Thanks for letting me join you guys for this race, had a pretty good time!

I also had a good experience getting around the GT3 cars and hope most had a good experience with me. Early on I did have a couple rough ones where I thought they were letting me by and misinterpreted their actions, but I started playing it much safer after that and didn't have any more issues. Oh, and something about the combination of the straight line speed of the Lambo and his driving style made it feel practically impossible to cleanly pass @Enzo Fazzi! To be clear, it was entirely my fault, nothing he did wrong, but god I don't know how many times I locked up and ran wide going into a turn next to him trying to pass, it was both hilarious and embarrassing! :laugh:

One I want to mention specifically: in the first 20 minutes or so I was passing an AMG GT3 (I only caught a glimpse of the name, but looking at the entrants I think it had to have been @Maciej Strzeboński) at the top of the hill in the last corner and I thought you were letting me by, but I don't think you expected me to pass so when you moved over to take your normal line I had to move even further to the inside and when we jumped over the crest of the hill it forced me way further outside than I wanted to go and bumped you which of course sent you down the hill with no chance to recover. If I'm not mistaken, you left the server a short time later. I feel terrible about that, I want to make sure you know I didn't intend to bully my way through and especially didn't want to cause you to quit for the day. :(

Ok I do have one really embarrassing question I hope you will all help me with that reveals how relatively inexperienced I am: how do you manage pit stops in this game?!? I had my pit presets done with tire pressures and fuel loads, but every time I entered the pit box it would just start automatically giving me full fuel and no new tires, so I would have to press escape and choose "back to pits" to get new tires or adjust fuel load, which of course gives a penalty. I hate to admit this, but I lost over two minutes in penalties alone trying to figure out what was going on during my two pitstops, not to speak of the time just clicking around trying to make something different happen...!

Thanks @JoelK for letting me join you EU boys; I'll be back again sometime if you will have me!
I was running quite high wing for my standards, @Kek700 was waaaaay faster down the straights with the Nissan.

I was running quite high wing for my standards, @Kek700 was waaaaay faster down the straights with the Nissan.
Ah, my mistake, maybe it wasn't the speed then as I didn't have any issues with Ernie, perhaps strong on the brakes from all that downforce? :roflmao: It was really noticeably just you, even starting in practice; I felt awful about it. I just couldn't get it together when trying to pass you.

Thinking more about it I think you were much more comfortable running two-wide down into the braking zone and turn-in rather than backing out when I started past as most others tended to do and I would respond with overly aggressive braking. I should've been smarter and just sat behind you for a couple extra corners and motored past on the next straight. So apologies again for making it more dramatic than it should have been every time we interacted.

Ah, my mistake, maybe it wasn't the speed then as I didn't have any issues with Ernie, perhaps strong on the brakes from all that downforce? :roflmao: It was really noticeably just you, even starting in practice; I felt awful about it. I just couldn't get it together when trying to pass you.

Thinking more about it I think you were much more comfortable running two-wide down into the braking zone and turn-in rather than backing out when I started past as most others tended to do and I would respond with overly aggressive braking. I should've been smarter and just sat behind you for a couple extra corners and motored past on the next straight. So apologies again for making it more dramatic than it should have been every time we interacted.
It's all good :)

I've been doing multiclass races at a high level in the Virtual Endurance Championship for 4 years now, have raced both as the faster and as the slower class. I'm used to staying alongside on the brakes, waiting for the faster car to turn in, get a slightly later apex myself and gain back the time by getting a faster exit. Unfortunately this can make it awkward when the faster class goes a bit deep. :)

Apologies if I messed anyone up tonight. I had a nightmare. I was getting major stutter and 2 - 3 second freezes a lot. And every time Dean's Red Vette was anywhere near me my PC went into fits. Obviously nothing to do with Dean but there was something going on there.
One freeze was at the crest just as you turn in for the pit straight, I had a massive freeze and car went straight off track and into the wall 100 yards to the left .That's when I called it a day. I also made the same mistake as others with my pit setup and got a penalty for not being ready in time on the grid. My pit strategy was saved to my 3rd pit strategy for some reason too. A bad night for me but was great to be on track with all that was going on.

If anyone has any idea what could be causing the freezes I'm all ears .

Could it be simhub?

Oh nearly forgot to say thanks Joelk and Craig. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

That situation did not cause me to leave the server. I left it because I made a lot of mistakes. I had a lot of problems at the beginning of the race. Think I spun twice :( I left because I didn't want to pose a threat. If I did it before, it would not happen to us. So that wasn't your fault. Luckily, I did not spoil your race.

Maybe it's an idea to do a rolling start where the class polesitters call the green flag? The first lap was a bit of a mess. I remember we've done this in the past, like 2-3 years ago.
I have to look into that, might be a possibility in the future, especially on a track like this.

Ok I figured out what I was doing wrong with the pit stops and I'm such an idiot :speechless:

I assumed that when setting the pit stop strategies, under tire compound when it said "NO CHANGE" that meant use the same compound. I'm thinking, "yeah I want to use the same compound, no change!" Oh boy...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 263 13.6%