AC 90 Minutes of Petit Le Mans @ Road Atlanta - Sun 7 July 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Ok I figured out what I was doing wrong with the pit stops and I'm such an idiot :speechless:

I assumed that when setting the pit stop strategies, under tire compound when it said "NO CHANGE" that meant use the same compound. I'm thinking, "yeah I want to use the same compound, no change!" Oh boy...
I laugh because that's exactly what I did and I did it more than once :O_o::confused::mad::cautious::D:D:D:D Let me know when you get to the trifecta :laugh:

A bit frustrating really, but certainly 'busy'!

Apologies also to Ernie - I had a few choice words when he went past and took out the DP. I couldn't understand why at that particular time he chose to do so with two other lapping cars going on, trying to pass me with no seeming gain to be had with only a few laps left. We've raced before and it's always been fair and gentlemanly so apols again.

Many thanks to @JoelK for hosting - good stuff.

@Asterix As i trundled across the gravel, i “also” thought “ Why did you do that “.:(

excuse:- in that corner mayhem, me on the inside, i completely lost sight of my braking marker,
then it suddenly dawned on me that the big old heavy Nissan was massively out braking everyone, i thought :poop::confused:

Well, as expected, that was a frustrating first multiclass race for me :O_o: But it still was a good experience and it was fun to overtake the GT3 cars (the only cars I was racing in this race :roflmao:). Thanks for organizing :thumbsup:

With literally just a few minutes practice with both the car and the track (yep, next time I will read the track name 3 times and with a magnifying glass :geek:), I didn't expect much :p
I made many, many mistakes and had a big crash in the last corner.. with a huge impact in the wall, which led to both front and engine damage :whistling: That crash was really strange, I probably just made a wrong move with the steering wheel at that bump over there :cautious:
Was really thinking about giving up at this moment (my headache was also killing me :thumbsdown:) but when I realized that the car is still driveable, I decided to end the race and to do repairs in the last pitstop :cool:
So in the last 10 minutes of the race I finally got some "groove" with both the car and the track :D

I made so many mistakes. I thought it was a 40 min race due to not reading the title correctly myself. That one error caused a spiral of f*** ups with my pit stops as I tried to create a strategy in a panic.

But the freezes were the main problem I had.

And after 9999 hours of YouTube processing for some reason, here's my VR onboard:

Hahaha oh man that start was even more hairy than I remembered it being. I was trying so desperately not to run into the back of Anders when he started to slide, got way out of shape, and went for a little ride; much to the consternation of everyone behind me I'm sure!

It's interesting how much grass you use on the left hander at the end of the esses, I need to try that.

Yeah there is no virtual mirror in VR. It was tough with the proto's in the Lambo, as it has no center mirror or camera, it only has the side mirrors.

The 650s doesn't either. Although with the Pimax large fov you can use the side mirrors without turning your head. Still, carradar is a must have addon.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back