8020 Custom SimLab GT1 Replica BUILD

Hi guys, I'm new to this website and I just wanted to share my intended 8020 Cockpit design and find out what you guys think. I designed it as close as I could based on SimLabs GT1. From their website, I compared their P1 to the GT1 and I reckon the GT1 looks to be far more versatile especially with the pedal deck.
I created a nice design on MAY-CAD to millimeter precision. I used their GT1 schematic on their website and started making rough sketches until had all profile lengths measured.

I wanted to integrate triple monitor mounts even though I plan on using one 27" for now but may plan on it within the future. I plan on fitting SimLabs Wheel deck which will add 100 euro to my build. I have priced all materials on Motedis.co.uk and it totals to £477.88 or 537 EURO

My Custom 8020 Cockpit Includes: GT1 Cockpit
Keyboard support
Mouse support
Integrated Triple Monitor Mounts Connection/Fittings (screws,nuts,caps,brackets etc)
Total excl carraige = €537

SimLab Cockpit Includes : GT1 Cockpit
Keyboard support
Mouse Pad
Integrated Triple Monitor Mounts
Connections.... etc
Total excl carraige = €936

Savings = €399

Here is my MAY-CAD design and Parts List from Motedis.

It wont let me upload the maycad file but if want it message me

Attachments

• gt1.JPG
    gt1.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 3,003
  • list1.JPG
    list1.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 2,389
  • list2.JPG
    list2.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 2,065
  • list3.JPG
    list3.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 2,011
Nice design also with the heel rest. The biggest concern I would think is how the rig will be compatible with your body length, if your over 6 ft tall or have long legs just bare in mind seat to peal distance but it seems that your rig might cater for that. What length are the base profiles? Is this for a DD wheel. You may find some lateral movement in the wheel uprights as its sitting on top of the base profile. I custom made steel 6mm plates like in simlabs gt1 or p1 cockpits, but it was a bitch to make.

I'm short but this is why I put three (40x80) in the frame so I can adjust the length to the wheel and pedals. I agree and also added to my order (but shown on the picture) 2 t connector plates to reinforce the lateral movement (good eye btw). The frame is around 1350mm long and 700-730 mm wide).
Right now I'm running on a CSL Elite (with LC Pedals) but my plans are for a DD once I get a good set of pedals.

Attachments

• T connector plate.png
    T connector plate.png
    28 KB · Views: 229
Upvote 0
I'm short but this is why I put three (40x80) in the frame so I can adjust the length to the wheel and pedals. I agree and also added to my order (but shown on the picture) 2 t connector plates to reinforce the lateral movement (good eye btw). The frame is around 1350mm long and 700-730 mm wide).
Right now I'm running on a CSL Elite (with LC Pedals) but my plans are for a DD once I get a good set of pedals.

They should stop any movement. Mine is stupidly rigid... Im 90 kilo and could jump up and down on my wheel deck without it budging. I too run the csl elite and lc pedals. Mine is the xbox version when it forst came out, apparently the ps4 version is meant to be an improvement so I heard. Not that impressed with the FFB of this wheel tbh, cant dial in RRE properly and I resort to playing PC2 atm, but after the reviews of fanatecs podium series arrive, I will choose between a dd1 or a 20nm simucube setup.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years