AC [75mins] GT2 @ Nurburgring - Sun 22 Feb 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
All people mast use push to talk,and no voice activation its very disturbing!

Totally agree. Who was it that had their microphone on all the time with all sorts of noise and even some swearing I heard?
Very distracting to hear all that. Get it sorted who ever it was.

For me, I see no reason to be on TS during a race, with all the relevant apps(blue flag etc) setup correctly, I don't want or need to hear people coughing, shouting, dogs barking etc, totally ruins the immersion imo

We indeed put TS as mandatory. No problem if you don't have a mic, but important announcements will be made there regarding server problems or incidents, as well as you can contact other drivers about incidents, reminding them of unnoticed incidents or anything to prevent golden rule breaches (such as not yielding position or waiting after an incident)

+1 to TS superfluous.
The problem comes in when I have to set the TS sound level above the game's to be able to hear people. While using speakers, the noises were really hard to endure on a loud TS setting.

For me, I see no reason to be on TS during a race, with all the relevant apps(blue flag etc) setup correctly, I don't want or need to hear people coughing, shouting, dogs barking etc, totally ruins the immersion imo

I half agree with Paul. Yes have TS but stop the constant yapping and have push to talk during the race and qualifying. Not much to ask is it? Yes tell someone you are taking them on the right or left or whatever but I agree, dogs barking, kids squalking, budgies singing, cats..meeowing, wife screaming, postman knocking and constant noise activated microphone is a no no. :cautious::thumbsdown::whistling:

I half agree with Paul. Yes have TS but stop the constant yapping and have push to talk during the race and qualifying. Not much to ask is it? Yes tell someone you are taking them on the right or left or whatever but I agree, dogs barking, kids squalking, budgies singing, cats..meeowing, wife screaming, postman knocking and constant noise activated microphone is a no no. :cautious::thumbsdown::whistling:
We try to keep those mics to a minimum but there was no staff present to point people towards this. During my next event I will bring this push-to-talk option to all of your attentions and I will try to monitor (although I am not racing) the TS channel for a bit.

All people mast use push to talk,and no voice activation its very disturbing!
We try to keep those mics to a minimum but there was no staff present to point people towards this. During my next event I will bring this push-to-talk option to all of your attentions and I will try to monitor (although I am not racing) the TS channel for a bit.
If TS is properly set up, even voice detection works like a charm. I find push-to-talk very distracting while driving, so I assign a mute microphone switch on my wheel for when i'm not talking. Just sometimes I forget to disable it:p and that is quickly solved in a press of a button!

If TS is properly set up, even voice detection works like a charm. I find push-to-talk very distracting while driving, so I assign a mute microphone switch on my wheel for when i'm not talking. Just sometimes I forget to disable it:p and that is quickly solved in a press of a button!
Only push the push to talk on straights, professional drivers use their radio button the exact same way

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back