75fps high or 90 low in VR

Hey buddies,

I have a pimax 8kx with a 6900xt, but ill get a 3090 soon.

This creates the question. Should I go for high quality 75 fps or lower quality 90fps.

Of course I could try, but I'm not that good to see it in my track times. But if 90 is better to become a faster driver I would do it. If not I go for more detail to enjoy the surroundings. Which is very possible with my speeds :D

Thanks

Solution
Hello mate, I have a Pimax 5k and I like to use it on 144 Hz refresh rate with a Normal FOV (which as you know is very wide), because of the wide FOV ive had to do some optimisatioons and i can run ACC with decent res, no dissapearing shadows but FPS like its on low, I put together a video of my settings, hope this helps.

Also if you knock the Pitool image quality (res) down to 0.75 and then whack the steam super sampling (res) up to about 126% you get the same image quality but with better FPS.
By a long mile 90Hz/90FPS/10ms with 100% resolution all around, in game low settings and you need nothing less than a 3090 with PiTool271 and the new firmware yet to be released, otherwise you get in trouble with blackouts.

Played with Reshade and custom engine.ini, but can find a good version that doesnt impact FPS, so Im stuck with the usual blurry mess.

Hello mate, I have a Pimax 5k and I like to use it on 144 Hz refresh rate with a Normal FOV (which as you know is very wide), because of the wide FOV ive had to do some optimisatioons and i can run ACC with decent res, no dissapearing shadows but FPS like its on low, I put together a video of my settings, hope this helps.

Also if you knock the Pitool image quality (res) down to 0.75 and then whack the steam super sampling (res) up to about 126% you get the same image quality but with better FPS.

Solution

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 94 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 46 6.2%
  • < 5 years