7 GRAN PREMIO DE DAYTONA

Status
Not open for further replies.
For sure, no problem Peter never had a problem with an RPM driver on the start of a race (probably because you use to be infront more often :cool:) and you did the right thing asking... but I am quite concerned about the starting procedure, that´s it.

THE WHAT HAPPEND BEFORE THE RACE & WHY WE HAD TO RESTART THE SERVER EXPLANATION POST

OK, the broadcast computer was not even started when the qualyfication ended, so it was clear we where going to have a race without broadcast, but once on the warm up session Ian from PSRTV appeared and started the machine so we could conect.

As we consider having a broadcast makes a huge diferece for the series we decided to restart the event in order to let the broadcast console join the event on the practice session. It was casual some drivers falled from the server during the restarting period, but as the event restart was already underway we thought it was not a bad idea to let them join again. It is fair and it is good to have the full grid, but we would have not restarted the event to let them join again only, and it was with the only purpose of broadcasting the event.

It was such an stressing start for the staff taking care of all the positions, setting them right during the formation lap, and with the broadcast going on... but we managed to solve the situation really fast and well I would say, thanks to Xose and Eckhart taking care of all that job.

So, first I would like you to understand the reassons, and second I would like to congratulate all the field for your magnificent management of that situation. Was a very good start of the race after all, and what is best, with no incidents on the Green Flag period, wich is even better.

Thanks for reading and gratz everybody who joined and raced, specially the podium guys!

@ BRAM: I agree, what a race!

I thought that I made the good choice to exit at the beginning of the qualification session because the prediction was to rain. So I made my time on a wet track. But when I was on the pit, the prediction was modified to dry, damn bad choice for me. Finally 8th.

For the race, I made a good start without mistake and manage to do the first half of the race as close as possible to the leader. And I was happy to stay with them. My strategy was to make 1 pit stop and seeing the other in a 2 pitstop strategy was a good think for me because with old tires, I was not to slow. My position move from the P2 to P8 depending of the pitstop and at the end of the race Mike and Peter was faster than me, and I can't defend my P2. P4 for me is a good result, and a very good result for Project D.

I also have a screen issue in the pit, my screen was freezed and when he came back, here is what I saw during 40 min:

Congratulation to the podium, to my teamate for his 8th position, to all the drivers and to the admin.

See you next time.

yep, had the same problem before, e.g. at Silverstone last STC season. There is actually a way to reset it in race (I think you have to press the shift up and tab at the same time) but it never worked for me, lol. It also helps to do a defrag, this mistakes happens more often on a fragmented hard drive (at least that's what I read when I reseached this some time back)

big sorry also from me about the start of the race. But all the players did a fantastic job in this difficult situation, very professional.
The race was a blast, great fights right up till the end! Seems the Doran really feels at home at Daytona :)

I thought that I made the good choice to exit at the beginning of the qualification session because the prediction was to rain. So I made my time on a wet track. But when I was on the pit, the prediction was modified to dry, damn bad choice for me. Finally 8th.

For the race, I made a good start without mistake and manage to do the first half of the race as close as possible to the leader. And I was happy to stay with them. My strategy was to make 1 pit stop and seeing the other in a 2 pitstop strategy was a good think for me because with old tires, I was not to slow. My position move from the P2 to P8 depending of the pitstop and at the end of the race Mike and Peter was faster than me, and I can't defend my P2. P4 for me is a good result, and a very good result for Project D.

I also have a screen issue in the pit, my screen was freezed and when he came back, here is what I saw during 40 min:

ALT+TAB and he reload the graphic

yep, had the same problem before, e.g. at Silverstone last STC season. There is actually a way to reset it in race (I think you have to press the shift up and tab at the same time) but it never worked for me, lol. It also helps to do a defrag, this mistakes happens more often on a fragmented hard drive (at least that's what I read when I reseached this some time back)

ALT+TAB and he reload the graphic

Thanks, I will try it

Well, I had a good race. Qualified in p20 (I think) and decided to try for a one stop. Managed to stay out of trouble at the start and won a few positions because of other peoples mistakes but didn't manage to hold on and dropped back again.
Then after my first stop I got a Stop & Go for speeding in the pitlane... and on top of that I miscalculated my fuel and had to made another stop 8 minutes before the end. Finished in p.21 as last of the finishers. Could have finished one position higher I think. Still I had great fun driving on this great track!
Congratulations to the podium and a big round of applause to the team (David, Xose and Eckhart) who kept a cool head under rough conditions and managed to get everything working in the end! Well done guys!

There we were again, at one of my favorite tracks with one of my favorite driving buddy's. Nobody can stop me from having a blast of a race. The Qualify was pretty good. i dropped my car on p 5. Yuri, my driving buddy, dropped his car on p 10. We were very pleased with this result.

The race

I was determined to keep the pace of the top 4 and i can tell you, i did it :) But then, in lap 9, the whole world collapsed... I saw my hole live passing thrue my black/red e-y(v)es ;)... At the end of the long bright tunnel there was a wall... and some grass...

aah well, as Keith sad, there is always a next event.

The rest of the race was about activating my TURBO.EXE and minimize the lost positions. Yuri and i secured the 11th and 12th place and we crossed the finish line together.

Big big thanks to Yuri, this was his last STC event (reached no 5). Very well done my friend and we are gonna make it up next season.

One of the most enjoyable events for me on the PC yet. Qualified on p9, and was pretty upset with that considering I had a lot more pace in the car. After that, I was taken for a little throw with everything being restarted and what not, but race control really does a superb job keeping the drivers updated with information on the fly, so I was able to stay with it.

Race started and I had missed timed my shifting badly and held up Yuri at the start, who was running right behind me. Thought I blew any chance of overtaking anyone, but then some drivers butchered the first corner and I got around 3 drivers. I was very happy at this point because starting races really isn't my strong suit. Unfortunately, I got passed a few laps later by a Black Visor car after I got checked up really badly by a Project D car going through the chicane.

Made some mistakes in the middle of the race, but I made some good calls with pit stop strategy, and was able to get back into it. With about 30 minutes left, I did my final stop and was able to go through the field until I was up to 5th. That's when Goran got on my tail with fresher tires and I would imagine less fuel. He was taking time off me left and right. With about 20 or 15 minutes left in the event, I had to do some of the best in-traffic-driving I've ever done. I was weaving through lapped traffic like a mad man, just trying to keep some type of gap to Goran. It worked out well, even if I almost went off a few times. But on the final lap the pressure and my tires were too much to handle, and Goran was able to do a really nice maneuver on me at the chicane. I had to go into the grass because I terribly screwed up the exit of the chicane, and I didn't want to clip the anti-cut strip and risk losing control and taking us both out. So the game gave me a black flag for cutting even though I lost my place. Not sure how that impacted my result as I just followed Goran and finished 6th.

Final notes to a few drivers:

Yves Larose--I think I made contact with you coming around the first corner on lap one. I didn't see you up there so I did not take extra precaution to give you more room. I didn't turn into you, but I could have done more to not hit you if I had known you were there. Not big contact, but I don't like hitting another driver, and felt like I needed to explain myself for this touch. Sorry for the contact.

Yuri Braham--sorry for bogging you down at start. Like I said in my post, I messed up my shifting and really slowed my car up. I think you lost a position because of me and I want to apologize for that.

Kevin Clark--early in the event you fell behind me and were chasing me pretty good. My tires were starting to go and I completely messed up my entry into the chicane, this caused me to check you up badly and I saw you lost control of your car. When I checked my mirrors and saw you had ran off, I felt pretty bad because I didn't hold enough speed through the corner. I'm sorry for that. But I do commend you for not slamming into me and trying like you did to slow up. Thanks.

Goran Johansson--man, I can't remember being chased down like that for so long. You really made that race enjoyable at the end. And what an overtake at the finish. In one respect I'm absolutely pissed to have stayed infront of you for so long and not finish on the final lap, and at the same time I really tip my cap to you for not making a big mistake while pursuing me and sticking a really nice move at the end. lol I'm sure the cameras liked it.

Daniel Beck--very much appreciate you letting me through after my second pit. Without that bit of help, I had no chance to hold off Goran later on.

Q was not good at all. Messed up my lap in a couple of corners and only reached P13.

In T1 first lap I got hit pretty hard by another car and I was sure I got some damage. Couldn´t really keep up with the cars infront.
A lap or two later my tires got up to temp and preassure and I started gaining on Kappet and Bosse Jonasson infront of me. Eventually I could overtake them, but there was some scary moments going side by side down the brakingzone to the first corner.'

When people started to pit I still had good pace in my tires, so I stayed out untill it was 40min left. For a moment I thought I had made a killer setup. That was until I realised that most of the guys were driving on supersofts and me on soft
icon_lol.gif
icon_redface.gif

Oh well! As I didn´t have to stop again I decided to just do damagelimitation. When Danny came up behind me with 20 min to go or so, I let him by as he was mutch faster.
Then I tried to hold of Göran Johansson as long as I could to give Danny some space. But he was way faster, so it didn´t take long before he got by
icon_mad.gif

Last couple of laps I had a really hard fight with Luc Mangas. My tires was almost shot so he was mutch quicker, but I drove as defensive as I dared and managed to keep him behind. But hell was that nervwrecking going those last laps nose to tail. Finished 0.072sec infront of him.

PS. Is there a serverreplay somewhere I can download as I would like to take a look at some things. My game decided not to record the race :mad: Or if anyone would kindly upload their replayfile it would be very much appreciated.

PS. Is there a serverreplay somewhere I can download
Here is my replay Daniel
http://www.filefront.com/17532132/Daytona Road Course_101118_2124_Race1.Vcr

What i great race from 25 to 5
i was reserv but just minits too race Robin have i giant major computer crash.
so i could join just 30 sek to start thanks for letting me start in the race.
i think i passed people everywhere i hardely didnt now what position i was just driving and passing other drivers.
but after the 2 pit stop 30 minits left of the race i was 3-4 sek behind Danny Asbury and what i chase!!! i think whe hade the same speed but just small misstakes made the distance smaller and smaller and last lap i was just behind and we was side by side realy clean racing :) and Danny makes i little misstake in the chikane and i can pass him out of the chikane WOW i was lucky and completly exhausted. :):):) 5 over the finnish line yeees.
to bad this was my last race (5) but this was the funniest race ever
thanks all for great racing i will be whatching all the race that is left.
and big thanks to David,Eckhart,Xose and all the guys ho are making this wonderful racing possible.

Quali - Didn't happen, my own fault I didn't check that the spots were reserved. Lesson learned.

Race - Well I started in 21st and had alot of fun.

Kevin, nice spin early on. I saw you go and had that sinking feeling as I watched your car slide and come on to the track backwards right in front of me.

I don't think we made contact there but i know I had to break REAL late for T1 and missed the track by a long way. I am not complaining, just thought it a funny story to bring up.

Mike, sorry about that tap. I got a blue so moved off line to let you keep your pace, I noticed you were in 4th. I didn't expect you to follow me over to the right. I was only braking to ensure you passed safely before I enter that HORRIBLE corner from a bad position.

I will get the predictions results up within the next couple of hours.

Mike, sorry about that tap. I got a blue so moved off line to let you keep your pace, I noticed you were in 4th. I didn't expect you to follow me over to the right. I was only braking to ensure you passed safely before I enter that HORRIBLE corner from a bad position.

Thanks for the apology, however I didnt follow you Michael. I was always on the inside, trying to make it clear what I wanted to do. I'm sorry but making an unpredictable move in a braking zone is not the way to safely let someone pass. Its hard to resist going off on a rant. You seem like an intelligent chap, I just can't understand why you put yourself in these situations. It was obvious to me that you hadn't done nearly enough practice here (watching you in practice) and it was a heart in mouth everytime I came to overtake. I think its only due respect to everyone racing that drivers put in the bare minimum practice to be safe on track.

Regardless of the rest of the race, our incident was an unfortunate one. You were trying to let me through. In my view when being lapped a driver should maintain a normal line and let the lapping car make the decision of how and where to get through.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but I think it has to be said, this sort of thing happens all to often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%