69 Boss 302 & BMW 3.5 CSL @ Oesterreichring 1970 - Tuesday Sept 7th 2010

Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
imgageoutput.php

imgageoutput.php

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: Race1: Boss 302 / Race2: BMW 3.5 CSL (BMW CSL with 430HP)
Track:Oesterreichring 1970
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 13 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins included with 302 only. GTC76 Skinpack 1.0 for CSL.

My Setups:

Attachments

• CD302.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 306
  • CDSchnitzer.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 288
Entry List

1. Carlos Diaz
  2. Senad Subasic
  3. Stuart Thomson
  4. Eck Simpson
  5. Philip Brown
  6. Jack Smith
  7. Hassan Khan
  8. Warren Dawes
  9. Bob Miley
  10. Norman Bruce
  11. Giorgio Migazzi
  12. Ralf Eiden
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Ross McGregor

Schnitzer & Alpina are actually race modifiers - a bit like Shelby.

There's the Mustang, and the Shelby GT350 (but it's still a Mustang under the body kit and cufflinks)

There's a small difference though...The GT350 is a product devoloped by Shelby based on the Mustang.
But the 3.2 and 3.5 CSL were a product developed by BMW themselves under the M division and used by Alpina and Schnitzer.
Or maybe I'm wrong and currently sounding like an idiot lol.

There's a small difference though...The GT350 is a product devoloped by Shelby based on the Mustang.
But the 3.2 and 3.5 CSL were a product developed by BMW themselves under the M division and used by Alpina and Schnitzer.
Or maybe I'm wrong and currently sounding like an idiot lol.

No your wrong and Thommo's right, both Alpina & Schnitzer are BMW race teams & modifiers. Both race BMW cars, Alpina in the current FIAGT3 series, and develop the cars further on than BMW. BMW has made the lastest GT2 car, the M3GT2 which raced at LeMans this year but this was given to Rahal racing last year to run in the ALMS for further development work. Nowdays as with most manufactures, they build the car but give it to a team of its choice to race within that series.

TBH, my only point about the picture is that someone might have looked at the pic before it changed, and then have picked that car (it appears in game) without reading the specs and noticing the difference between the 2 Beemers spec sheets.

I agree with you Bob. I was just saying that the GT350 is a Shelby creation where the 3.5 CSL is a BMW Motorsports creation. I'm sure Alpina and Schitzer threw their own bits on it aftefwards. But it was cooked up in house. (I think, not 100% on that, so i could still be sounding like an idiot haha)

Your right Thommo, that paint scheme is available in game with the Alpina 3.2. But I was in a hurry and couldn't find a 3.5 that wasn't from Alpina lol.

I spent a little longer and found one now. So when I get home I will update it.

Edit: OK, new pic is up.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 305 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing