6800 Vs 3070 ti AC VR

Hey,

I'm hoping to use the knowledge of RD's members this morning.

I'm looking at getting an upgrade in a few days as I've recently gone back to VR and forgot the performance issues I was having with my MSI Nvidia 2060 a few years back. Hence I'm now looking for an upgrade - the 3070ti is currently £100 more, but from what I've read seems to play better with Oculus software and drivers. Yet the 6800 (not the XT), seems to have more brute horsepower, but given how old AC is now would that just be over kill? And if I did chose the 6800 from what I've read the drivers aren't the best in vr in general, particularly when you throw in Oculus software...

Is that correct? Or am I just reading pro propaganda from team green? Any advice or help would be appreciated. For what it's worth it'll be running with an i5 too, hopefully that wouldn't create bottle necks with either card?

• Deleted member 1066209

I believe AC runs better on Nvidia cards when compared to AMD. I don't have any real proof to back that up, and the only reason I think so is because I see Nvidia logos all over the "Highlands" track.

Many GPU reviews also indicate that Nvidia cards seem to perform better at 4k resolution, which is the closest approximation to VR resolution.

[edit]: Also, what i5 are you going to be using? 13th gen?

Last edited by a moderator:
the 3070ti is currently £100 more, but from what I've read seems to play better with Oculus software and drivers. Yet the 6800 (not the XT), seems to have more brute horsepower, but given how old AC is now would that just be over kill?
For what it is worth, I am running AC in VR, CV1 with a 1080ti and it works fine. So both of those cards should work very well. I was with AMD before and I am now with NVidia, both company know what they are doing. That said my next card is going to be a NVidia again, just because they seem to be closer to the simulator market than AMD, so maybe more chance that they are what the developers are working with when optimizing.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 201 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing