675LT, 488 GTB, Huracán, R8, or GT - which will be the fastest?

SUPERCARS.jpg

By the end of 2016 we will have seen the release of the latest generation in mid engine supercars - McLaren's 675LT, Ferrari's 488 GTB, Lamborghini's Huracán, Audi's all new R8 and the American contribution, Ford's new GT. All of which will have upwards of 600 horsepower and will utilize the latest technologies to achieve the best possible performance. The real question we are all asking is, which will be the fastest?

With the Geneva Motor Show just two weeks away we may have some more details soon, but it may still be some time before we see the five supercars face off. We already have seen what the Huracán is capable of, putting down lap times even quicker than its big brother - the Aventador, and the 488 has beat the 458 by a full two seconds around Fiorano. However, aside from the Huracán and the 488 the others have given little information in terms of track performance figures. The GT made its debut at the Detroit Auto Show earlier this year but relatively little information on performance figures has been given.

We know the 675LT will have 675 hp, the 488 will have 660 hp, the R8 will be offered in a V10 Plus package with 610 hp, the Huracán has 601 hp and the GT will be somewhere over 600 hp. In terms of horsepower, it would seem the 675LT aims to set the bar high.

We will all be anxiously awaiting video footage and lap times, along with some - if not all - in our favourite sims, so in the meantime we may as well go on guessing.

Good post. The McLaren lost my interest months ago, McLaren looks too sterile, too clean, and lacks enough of the required over-the-shoulder nod to McLaren's history. Ford...well, everyone knows my thoughts on that. I think it will come down to a 3-way battle between Lambo, Ferrari, and Audi. I don't give the current Huracan much hope...I mean -60 hp alone is Doom itself, and not really fair. I suspect a Superleggera package will see release that might even the competition...a few extra stallions up---I mean IN---the rear ( :D), drop a few kilos... it's going to be fun to see how the three square away.

Last edited:
My money is on the 488GTB, but the 675LT won't be far behind. Power to weight will likely be in Ferrari's favor but McLaren is very good with electronic gizmos to help improve the performance of their cars.

I think it comes down to the driver. I have seen countless of times, when a slower racer (and by that I mean, slower car) has passed a faster car, due to the driver in the faster car, don't have enough faith in the car he is driving.

Say what you might about McLaren but they do know how to make a car go fast. Considering how the 650S was barely a second and a half slower than the 918 around Streets of Willow in MotorTrend's test, given the fact that the 650S was running on normal Pirelli Corsas while the 918 was on the stickier Michelin Sport Cup 2s you can only imagine what the result would be if the McLaren was using the stickier Pirelli Trofeos.

So my bet would be on the 675LT when it comes to sheer track times, but everyone is going to say "Hurr the McLaren has no soul, but look at how much soul and passion this Ferrari has" just like it was the case with the 12c and the 458. :p

I'm much excited to see how the new GT fares though, and couldn't care less about the Huracan or the R8. :p

Last edited:
First place will be for McLaren, most power and most torque with the agility of the Ferrari, which will come second. The Ford GT and the Huracan will battle for third place, it will be depending on weather conditions and track straight lenght.
On a long stretched dry track the Ford will claim third place, on a short damp track the Huracan will show its 4 wheel drive potential.
If it's a wet track, the Huracan will come out first I presume.
Last will be the Audi, for the simple reason it will lack some hp and being the heaviest of them all because Audi drivers always like their additional and endless option list :p installed on their 4 wheel drive luxury super car.

Well the Huracan as we've seen wont be as much of a competitor for the higher hp lighter cars that Ford Ferrari and Mclaren are making. Ford plans on a 2800 lbs 650 hp car so they have the lightest of the bunch and of course McLaren is going for 675 hp and Ferrari will be in between the two. So between them its fair game. Honestly if any Lamborghini is going to be included in this list it should be the new light weight 750 hp Aventador but I guess that's more of a hypercar than a supercar. And the Audi R8 is about the same as the Huracan.

Lap time will be close but the 675LT will take it, and on looks too almost. Love the way they packaged the car, looks the business. I'd like to see the GT split the atoms between the Ferrari and McLaren and it looks like it might. The Lamborghini and the R8 bring up the rear for me in this comparison performance wise.

If you'd ask which one I'd take home, it's a toss up between the Huracan and the 675LT :D. Can't say no to a naturally aspirated V10 with a more massaged exhaust system.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 299 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 426 39.6%