67-F1 Full Class @ Kyalami 70 & Oesterreichring 70 -Thu 27th June 2013

67f1-jpg.39506

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: 67-F1 ( Download )
Track: Kyalami 70 (Download) / Oesterreichring 70 (Download)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 14 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.05 (10 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.15 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 14 laps )

Note 1: You have a free choice of car for both races, only liveries that come with the mod please
Note 2: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 3: We run a SuperPole Qually, you get one chance only at a outlap and qually lap. Take it easy on your outlap and get you car in a good position to run you qually lap, leave enough room to allow for the unexpected from the car infront. You don't get another go if you have to take avoiding action.. After you have done your qually lap please exit to the pits, Do Not Complete Your In Lap.
Do not return to the track or drive in the pit lane after this.
Note 4: Racing Room must be given to all drivers – and this works both ways. Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved partial overlap fairly. And The kerbs are not deemed as track, therefore 2 wheels must be within the white lines, on the tarmac, At All Times..
Note 5: Pit speed limiters are to be used in the pits whilst on the server
at all times on Race Day

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Guus Verver
  2. Rupe wilson
  3. Rui F. Martins
  4. Kjell Eilertsen
  5. Antonio Tavares
  6. Markus Hakamo
  7. Marcin Piatkiewicz
  8. Antonio Tavares
  9. Roland Warmenhoven
  10. Jacob Boonstra
  11. Knut Omdal Tveito
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

After some more practice I seem to be able to do some consistent laps, but it would take me much more testing to be able to feel that I'm near the car limits.
Camber angles raised to -3 front and -1,2 rear; springs hardened 5 clicks front and rear and also dampers to 12-16 front and 14-18 rear; also added a little more rear bar. Still, the feeling is of general under-steering, but it feels safe because it's easier to control the lines with the throttle. The car only over-steers when provoked, and being harder on suspension it handles better the elevation changes that were causing bad camber angles and making it unstable/unpredictable, especially at T1 and the long right hander ahead.
I'm really looking forward to these 2 races, as the car is really fantastic and fun to drive. Didn't practice much at Kyalami (only a few laps off-line), but I can give away a little tip: try to keep tight lines with a safety margin to the end of asphalt. The track is narrower than Austria and it's easy to spin or to loose a lot of time by putting a wheel out the track.

Back here after race 3; yes, it was so much fun that we decided make race 3 in Kyalami!

Race 1: I got the pole, and after a not so bad start I found myself behind Rupe, who catapulted himself from start-finish line to the front of the platoon. I managed to pass him after some laps fighting, and by the middle of the race I had a confortable lead of around 3 secs. Looking at xD, I could see Rupe and Knut exchanging positions. Then, out of nowhere, Knut was on my back with his Honda, and after a while he passed me and won the race. Well done Knut!
Those Honda seem to be much faster in straight and slower in corners, but in a fast track like Oesterreichring it seems to work well. Finished this one in 2nd position.

Race 2: by the end of the practice session, I noticed a funny thing: there were 2 tyre choices, Hard and Soft. So far, and also in Oesterreichring, I had been using the default tyres (Hard). There was no more time to practice, so I decided to go to qualification with softs. Bad idea, as the car behavior was much different, and I ended up with a 1.17 lap instead of the low 16 I was expecting. That time placed me in the 2nd or 3rd row at start, and after a very bad start, I was last or pre-last at the end of the start finish straight. At T1 I had to avoid an accident between multiple cars, and after dodging the pile I found myself in 3rd position behind Rui and Rupe, who had already some gap. After 2 or 3 laps I managed to overtake Rui, but by then Rupe already had a comfortable gap of 6 or 7 seconds. Didn't think I could recover that kind of time, even because I was worried that Knut decided to pay me a surprise visit from behind as he did first race, burt somehow I did, and after a gentlemans fight, I got the first position from Rupe. Felt good to win one after a while, thxs guys for great racing!

Race 3: Another disaster starting, can't quite remember the details of this one but after a while, and another good fight with Rupe, Guus and Knut were in the first positions, and the distance kept increasing. Those two seem to had grown wings this time...By the middle of the race, Guus blew his engine in a cloud of black smoke, and Knut decided to wait for me to have some action. I managed to pass him profiting from a distraction - he was probably busy looking at his mirror and put a wheel on the grass :D. But this time Knut was quite faster, and after making some pressure he was able to take his rightful belonging first place. I finished 2nd behind him.

Man, we need to have more events on these cars, they are so much fun and thrilling to drive! :thumbsup:

I had a lot of fun in this event, in the first one i messed up the qualy session, i totally forgot it was superpole ( sorry :( ). IN the race i had a bad start, i sifhted up to 2nd gear too soon and i lost speed, I had Knut behind me for the first lap but i couldn't hold them for more than a lap, i made some mistakes during the race and i couldn't do a good race.
On the second race i made a stunning lap for me and i got pole (yeah :cool: ). I made a good start but still i was apssed by some cars, on sthe first couple of laps i had a great fun battling with other cars, even making a great overtake on the braking for t1, passing in the middle of two cars, but in trhe next lap i went off in turn2 and i lost contact with the cars in front of me, in the last lap i soun and almost lost my position but i was able to hold on and finish on 5th

thank you for the race, congratulations top3 and those who finished the race.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%