Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
flyergtc65.jpg

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: Race1: 1965 Corvette / Race2: Ford GT-40
Track: Road Atlanta 1970 (Download)
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 minutes
Qualification: 10 minutes (ONE TIMED LAP)
Race: 2 x 17 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins for the Vette, we will be using the GTC65 skinpack 1.0 for the GT-40.

Road Atlanta.. bring back great memories (GP Legends) great track to drive especially with these Big Cars...

Race 1 , start going well driving on p6 for half the race but Jack was not fare behind an I make some usual slips here an there an Jack was fast god me by surprise on the inside line nice move Jack so fin on p7 ,but big fun.

Race 2, first time I have some confident in the GT40 (Carlos setup ! thanks ) not as fast as the front runners but less mistakes so driving on p6? again, but after some laps something in my room distract me an looking for one second not to my screen the next moment meeting the fence in the downhill corner before the St/Fin line an making a nice salto, engine dead race over shame!!
Senad must have see me fly he was close behind.

As I sad before a Great track an a must have for some more racing.

Thanks Carlos an Stuart ,grats to the winners ( Knut with a bid of luck lol )

Been way way too long since i drove that track in any guise so it didnt take long for me to get settled with the layout,i was feeling far more comfortable in the Vette since the last event with it,not particularly fast,but comfortable,a real good shake-down tussle with the Knutter but i had no real pace to match him and was sort of relieved when i nipped past my wide slow car.
The GT40 was a much more racey feel and i sorted a very nice setup for it as well,but this setup was also extra special rubbish for about a lap and half,i ended up slewing off track on the exit of T1 and dropped to last,enjoyed getting a wriggle on to contest the last podium slot with Stu,got him sorted and passed,then went off and tried to catch again and pass again,got a lovely mighty run out of the final turn and was getting the golden run on Thommo to the line,and then went all open-mouthed horror face as i saw a ghost sitting just before the finish line :O...........keerrRRuunch :p,nailed in to the back of it and flew into spinning void oblivion and ended up a pffth behind Thommo to the line :D.
Grats winners and podiums.

Thank You Carlos/Stu & RD

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 251 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 167 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 166 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 123 7.4%