Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
flyergtc65.jpg

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: Race1: 1965 Corvette / Race2: Ford GT-40
Track: A1-Ring (Download)
Start Time: 20.00 GMT
Practice: 20 minutes
Qualification: 10 minutes (ONE TIMED LAP)
Race: 2 x 14 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins for the Vette, we will be using the GTC65 skinpack 1.0 for the GT-40.

Setups:

Attachments

• CDgt40.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 370
  • CDold vette.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 280
My regrets also guys, it looks like a good field and I really was looking forward to the GT40, but I am up to my elbows in VW jetta wiper transmission ( lov them, hate 'em) and I have to get it reinstalled before tomorrow am. Have fun, I hope we can revisit A1 also as it is a really nice add-on...

Bad sim night for me, was the slowest in both races.

I was watching the faster guys drive, my lines were pretty much the same. I guess it's just the footwork and steering then (i.e. the driving :D)

Alone in race 1, somebody spun, somebody retired, so I ended up in 10th.

Race 2 was more interesting, the GT40 is more relevant to my interests. Was staying pretty close in the opening laps, good sign. But mostly because Carlos and Tim were kinda busy in front of Jack and me :).
Hans spun earlier, caught up with me, and we had a nice couple of corners there, fun :good:. He overtook me, but soon after something happened to Jack in front of us, I guess he spun, and Hans couldn't avoid him in T1. I managed to squeeze by, and that was that, 10th again :woot: LOL

Would it be fair to say these grids are probably the best looking and sounding on the RD calender lately?.

I felt like i really had a "coming of age" feeling with both cars tonight,a setup from Hutcho made the thing very tight and stable feeling and actually altered how it all felt through the ffb...superb.
The GT40 was my own setup that was nice and fast but i noticed in practice it quickly degraded to become not so fast in not many laps of running,gladly in the race this wasnt as bad and the benefit of an early large gap to 3 guys who must have been fighting all the way judging by the gaps they crossed the line?..
Well done all there enjoying a really nice track.

Thank You Carlos/Stu & RD

Hey I am finally getting in the mix with a few drivers and I having a ball. Tim, Hans and Senad, great battles while they lasted. Second race I was a little inconsisrtant...just when I was beginning to catch up , went off. Ya, I spun on T1 I believe trying to nip Tim at the corner but spun out, tried to get out of Hans way but I was trapped between the track and the wall. Kaboom, but car still ran good after that...surprised.

Nice racing tonight.

I lost my setups for the vette, so raced with default which was pretty grim. Decided to retire mid race.

GT40 was great fun. I had race long battles with Stu and Nigel and had Bob pressuring behind. Finally managed to sneak past Nigel in the last turn as he was shaping up for a run on Stu to the line.

Thanks for a great event.

Ahhh GTL :) I'd forgotten how nice driving with you guys was.

Race 1: Q10, but made to P6 in the T1 confusion. This lasted until lap 3 I believe when T3 happened to me. The Vette did not like the bump at around 100 yds, and I often found myself in the gravel. Ended up last

Race 2: Messed up my Q, so started last. Had a great tussle with Carlos, then with Jack. The GT40 was lovely to drive and I only had 1 minor off pushing too hard to get past Jack, who's racing has greatly improved.

Great racing guys, thank you

Thanks to everyone for races. I think my first ever on-line races will be remembered me. Not bad qualifications and crumpled races (5th and 6th at the finish). Excitement prevailed. Race 1: two stupid errors in same T3 resulted in the loss of first place and podium. Race 2: penultimate corner ruin everything. And need to learn to slow down along with the car infront, not when you yourself used to (incidents with Gary on Lap 1 and later with Bob). It will be for me to experience. Once again, thank you guys for race!

Dmytro - don't worry about it :D

Online versus offline is a big change, and a big learning experience.

You are obviously quick, so you'll be fine once you get into the pack racing mindset.

Real drivers behave very differently to AI - especially after we've driven these cars a few times recently and have got ourselves some experience in them - so combine that with 2 powerful vehicles, and a track that punishes errors very harshly, and it was always going to be a tricky first race - but you did well.

Race 1 was OK - Start was great, but a bit lonely after Lenno & Hutcho took off, and then after Carlos & Dmytro had issues.

Come the end I was just trying to gauge it so I could keep 3rd without overdriving on the rapidly disintegrating rubber.

Race 2 is a whole other story - Lenno did that whole tedious "driving off into the sunset" thing, but then the next pack battle was immense.

Nige, Hutch, Dmytro, Tudor, Carlos, Nils & me were battling it out in very close circumstances. In amongst us, a few passes, being passed, accidents and avoidances all meant that the race settled down to Nige in 2nd, Tudor 3rd, & me 4th. Real nose to tail stuff for a few laps, so good I can't actually recall the specifics. I got past Tudor (I want to say he went wide a dropped a wheel on the dirt, but can't remember, tbh) and closed up on Nige, for what felt like a thousand years. It was another of those races where the first look at the lapcounter said 10 laps gone.

Nige kept it nice and clean and difficult to pass, and again I managed to get past, but can't remember how or where, I know I set it up for a few corners before getting it done, and even then it wasn't certain until I got the approach to the next corner right to make sure it stuck. Even then, I never pulled much of a gap, and I could see some serious swarmage behind Nige in my mirror.

Last lap, last corner, I knew that I had enough gap in front of Nige (who at the time was the only person I could see clearly) to go in tight and get on the gas safely and keep P2, so brake, nose in, power on, check mirror, and I saw Nige & Tudor side by side on the final drag.

Great end to a great race. :good:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years