AC 60's LMP's @ 24 Lemans 2017 20Sep18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I guess with my avatar I really must join up or change my tagline :rolleyes:
My first race with RD, have been driving at SRS a few races but this looks like great fun and quite possibly a spin out or two, all the power unfiltered - just the way it should be!

GT40 please, I have driven the bleak 2015 remake with 750 hp irl, an early fav for me. I have setup and tested TS already. Got a 5 month old baby, she's the only thing that could prevent me racing. So -4 hrs for me? Here's a short clip when driving that monster...somewhere in my hometown

Cheers for the effort!
Great to have you join us. Cool video. Liked it so much that I went to your channel and watched you take the Cobra around ze Nordschleife with a little Metal in your diet. Love your taste;)

It works on the wife, it may work on the baby (I do not condone or recommend the use of alcohol on your or anyone else children).
ENOUGH with disclaimers. Let F1 and their grid kids take care of that crap. We're guys and what do guys like? Hot women, hot cars, beer and stupid moronic simpleton humor:p:D Since you've got the car covered and for once I'm not having to edit it:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: I give you Jager Girls
ffdfd02079cd5c43ae313c23fcef6fd7.jpg

As long as we do it with a little class and nothing indecent, if you're offended, I'm offended at your offense:laugh: Overlord rant over:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

is fake Bier. BTW Dirk, what's the German expression for terrible cheap beer? must be something fun.
Anything that doesn't start with German Be...........is what he's going to say:p

Last edited:
Welcome back buddy. I wondered what happened to you. Probably been hanging out with guys more around your own age and that like to have fun instead of spending it with old codgers like us who do nothing but whine about things;)
Thanks Bobby, I'm very busy with sports during the summer so I have next to no time for sim racing. I'll be back to it now that the weather is colder (at least here in Québec).

Ps: I don't mind the ages of you old codgers. :roflmao::roflmao:

Well, with the fainthearted dropping like flies I will have to join so that Zee Jerman will have fun beating someone ( since he can't beat out Bobby)!! Put me in the Porsche so I don't have any unfair advantage such as more power or better handling.

Sorry, no fun pictures to put up but I did like Miss Hurst back in the day:geek:

As for the Insane Ozzie, whatever he drives will be an "understeering piece of S***t" so I will be back there picking up the pieces :whistling::laugh:
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
What a comeback!!!!!!!!!! I would say I'm loving it, but I'm afraid we've corrupted the last of the un-corruptible now:p

Oh yeah, Miss Hurst made you shift gears back in the day.

I'll give you the Porsche with 2 body bags. 1 is for the pieces Dirk will be throwing out all over the track in an effort to distract me and the other one is for Andrew when his pig understeers into a fence:laugh:

Thanks Bobby, I'm very busy with sports during the summer so I have next to no time for sim racing. I'll be back to it now that the weather is colder (at least here in Québec).

Ps: I don't mind the ages of you old codgers. :roflmao::roflmao:
I'm sooooooooooo glad to hear that you are involved with sports. I did it for 45 years until I broke my leg/ankle. Oh what I would give to be able to run again, play tennis and golf and teach young guys about pitching in baseball. You know you'll always have a spot with us.

Good. We don't mind you young whippersnappers either:p I think we make a good mix;) Of course with Dirk and I and our comments in this thread alone, I think we've proved that the 2 of us are without a doubt the most immature idiots in here.............at least until the Convict @InsaneOzzie wakes up and starts laying it on thick. Then you'll recognize us:D
the-three-stooges.jpg

Last edited:
I did avoid saying anything outright ( other than thoughts about the folksvagen ) and I didn't really drive everything long enough to tell for sure. Can't keep a car behind you on the Mulsanne, It's a lot easier everywhere else though.

I guess I can summarize a little though:

* Ford - straight line rocketship without much means of slowing down, great sense of occasion to drive & it felt quite forgiving to me, provided you drive it like a vintage car and not a modern GT car.
* Porsche - superlight, medium top speed of the three, will let you drive it outrageously without biting. Does need setup work to make it go fast everywhere and it's quirky setup work too. I have a feeling it's the quickest over a lap *at Le Mans* but you'd have to do the setup work.
* Ferrari - slowest in a straight line, feels the most modern car around corners ( and to set up ) & is fastest on twisty sections. Default setup is reasonable but is going to bite new drivers - it bit me a few times and I've been driving the car for months.

You'll have fun in all three - I'm taking the 330 because I like the idea of having spent a season in it but I'd have a good time in any of them.
If times are similar to Le Grand Circuit it will probably be Ford > Porsche > Ferrari fastest to slowest. We were beating Baronesbc in his 330 P4 there and he is a legit alien. The Porsche could hang on to the Ford quite easily and wasnt far behind, the Ferrari was losing out by around 1sec IIRC.

Thanks man. Good info.
No problem, sorry if it is a little bit odd randomly chiming in. I have been a server admin pretty much since AC came out and have developed a strange fixation with lap time comparisons for AC cars, particularly classic race cars. There are worse addictions I suppose :laugh:

Unfortunately, I will have to sign out of tonight's race. :cry: Unexpected work :poop: to take care of.

We'll have to do this one again. I was really looking forward to it.

What is with this track? It is so dark I can hardly see down the road and the car lights don't work!! Us old people need lots of light:confused: The instrument dials light up nicely but if I get out and look at the front of the car the headlights are not on. I guess that is what happens when you have a Sim that doesn't Sim(ulate) night racing!!

No problem, sorry if it is a little bit odd randomly chiming in. I have been a server admin pretty much since AC came out and have developed a strange fixation with lap time comparisons for AC cars, particularly classic race cars. There are worse addictions I suppose :laugh:
Very cool to know. You never have to worry about chiming in. As you can tell, we're all a little crazy anyway so you brought some sanity back to the thread:D

What is with this track? It is so dark I can hardly see down the road and the car lights don't work!! Us old people need lots of light:confused: The instrument dials light up nicely but if I get out and look at the front of the car the headlights are not on. I guess that is what happens when you have a Sim that doesn't Sim(ulate) night racing!!
Keith, most of us are running a dynamic light patch you can get from the Content Manager developers. This is what it looks like:
20180605001103_1.jpg

If you need me too, I can always change the time of day and weather so it will be easier for you to see. We were just trying different conditions since we have the ability now, but I don't want anyone to miss out on racing because of my experiments.

If times are similar to Le Grand Circuit it will probably be Ford > Porsche > Ferrari fastest to slowest. We were beating Baronesbc in his 330 P4 there and he is a legit alien. The Porsche could hang on to the Ford quite easily and wasnt far behind, the Ferrari was losing out by around 1sec IIRC.

Without traffic my times were Porsche>Ferrari>Ford, with basically little difference between the Porsche & Ferrari. All the Ford has to do is pass down the straight & then block even just a little to stay in front though.

Without traffic my times were Porsche>Ferrari>Ford, with basically little difference between the Porsche & Ferrari. All the Ford has to do is pass down the straight & then block even just a little to stay in front though.
I guess the 2 tracks are quite different so our times from Le Grand Circuit probably arent very useful. I lost access to our old servers lapstats page but I'm pretty sure the Ford was 3:28.0 and the Porsche 3:28.x and the best time for the Ferrari was somewhere in the low 3:29's, all at 97% grip.

I guess the 2 tracks are quite different so our times from Le Grand Circuit probably arent very useful. I lost access to our old servers lapstats page but I'm pretty sure the Ford was 3:28.0 and the Porsche 3:28.x and the best time for the Ferrari was somewhere in the low 3:29's, all at 97% grip.

Can't remember what the track is set to atm, but they're all over 4 mins just about - pretty sure that version of Le Mans is about 15% too large :p. I just put the Ferrari ahead again, but I've been driving it for months.

Curve before the esses, the Porsche curves and the modern Ford chicane do make a big difference.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back