AC 60's LMP's @ 24 Lemans 2017 20Sep18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Yes! Yes! Yes!

If they were all equal in performance, I'd take the Ford. So gimme the Ferrari 330 P4 ;)
I don't really think they are, but if you read this from Richard Dastardly he has the skill and has put the time in for us to better choose a car. You could ask Ze Krazy German @Dirk Steffen , but he would tell you to drive an Audi:confused::p and we don't have one:D

Oh yeah, almost forgot, you're signed up:thumbsup:

I did avoid saying anything outright ( other than thoughts about the folksvagen ) and I didn't really drive everything long enough to tell for sure. Can't keep a car behind you on the Mulsanne, It's a lot easier everywhere else though.

I guess I can summarize a little though:

* Ford - straight line rocketship without much means of slowing down, great sense of occasion to drive & it felt quite forgiving to me, provided you drive it like a vintage car and not a modern GT car.
* Porsche - superlight, medium top speed of the three, will let you drive it outrageously without biting. Does need setup work to make it go fast everywhere and it's quirky setup work too. I have a feeling it's the quickest over a lap *at Le Mans* but you'd have to do the setup work.
* Ferrari - slowest in a straight line, feels the most modern car around corners ( and to set up ) & is fastest on twisty sections. Default setup is reasonable but is going to bite new drivers - it bit me a few times and I've been driving the car for months.

You'll have fun in all three - I'm taking the 330 because I like the idea of having spent a season in it but I'd have a good time in any of them.

Last edited:
I did avoid saying anything outright ( other than thoughts about the folksvagen ) and I didn't really drive everything long enough to tell for sure. Can't keep a car behind you on the Mulsanne, It's a lot easier everywhere else though.
giphy.gif

I will be GT-40ing my way around this iconic circuit, time to crash & burn at the end of the Mulsanne straight...........Ford style
emot-owned.gif

EDIT: Did 12 laps of which only 3 were valid, this Ford is a real animal with these weak brakes:confused::speechless:

Last edited:
Same here. Tough car to handle at the end of the straight.
Ive got the braking zone at the end of Mulsanne down ok, it's the rest of the corners that keep catching me out:redface: the speed in this GT40 is deceptive, you don't feel like your going that quick till you need to slow down :whistling: and the gear ratios are all out of whack for most of the corners too:rolleyes: more laps required;):thumbsup:

Ive got the braking zone at the end of Mulsanne down ok, it's the rest of the corners that keep catching me out:redface: the speed in this GT40 is deceptive, you don't feel like your going that quick till you need to slow down :whistling: and the gear ratios are all out of whack for most of the corners too:rolleyes: more laps required;):thumbsup:
#JustSwitchToTheBetterEngineeredCarAndDriveAPorscheToBeAFullManAgain

...ah, wait ... you can’t with twerking class going on in your ... GOLDEN YEARS ;)

giphy.gif

I guess with my avatar I really must join up or change my tagline :rolleyes:
My first race with RD, have been driving at SRS a few races but this looks like great fun and quite possibly a spin out or two, all the power unfiltered - just the way it should be!

GT40 please, I have driven the bleak 2015 remake with 750 hp irl, an early fav for me. I have setup and tested TS already. Got a 5 month old baby, she's the only thing that could prevent me racing. So -4 hrs for me? Here's a short clip when driving that monster...somewhere in my hometown

Cheers for the effort!

Last edited:

It's got so much torque the gearing isn't a huge deal, it's helpful to fiddle with the limiter though. I got all three down to within about a second, although that wasn't a particularily comprehensive test.

Wifey coming down with a cold she says, lets hope they both sleep come race time but it's a big if, usually :cautious:

For this eventuality we Germans have invented:

Jaegermeister_Flaschen_C_Jaegermeister.jpg

It works on the wife, it may work on the baby (I do not condone or recommend the use of alcohol on your or anyone else children).

If it does not work as described above, it definitely works when appropriately applied to yourself.

If you do not fancy direct application on your own system, you may choose another receipt we have also invented for the wellbeing of male specimen in our beloved fatherland.

You have to apply it like so:

3533100771_feb4eca197_o.jpg

or like so:

15782461866_0888dcfc5f_b.jpg

or like this:

HDK-5318.jpg

or variate like this:

1981-porsche-935-kremer-k4.png

or like this:

38505449_717760891915230_2614448379505147904_n.jpg

or if in an especial rush like this:

451567.jpg

You may use it in dosages AS MUCH AS YOU WANT - there are NO SEVERE SIDE EFFECTS of ANY kind. You CANNOT OVERDOSE but beware there are cheap counterfeit products on the market such as from BMW, Ford, etc … this DO NOT WORK !!!

Yes, apparently

BMW-320-Gruppe-5-Jaegermeister-Racing-Bildagentur-Kraeling.jpg

bmw-320i-sideways-1-12646.jpg

is fake Bier. BTW Dirk, what's the German expression for terrible cheap beer? must be something fun.

Bobby when are we doing more Group 5 stuff? it's been months!

Actually BMW are ok - they make ok cars and I absolutely second the Gr.5 question - I think @Bobby Pennington doesn't like Gr.5 cars - too loud, too much fire, too fast, too much power.
He should be joining The Convict in make-up-class.

I don't know about cheap German beer I rarely drink the bright juice - I am more for the dark stuff if any.

Well, with the fainthearted dropping like flies I will have to join so that Zee Jerman will have fun beating someone ( since he can't beat out Bobby)!! Put me in the Porsche so I don't have any unfair advantage such as more power or better handling.

Sorry, no fun pictures to put up but I did like Miss Hurst back in the day:geek:

As for the Insane Ozzie, whatever he drives will be an "understeering piece of S***t" so I will be back there picking up the pieces :whistling::laugh:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back