AC 60's LMP's @ 24 Lemans 2017 20Sep18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Resized 60's LMP LeMans 20180914170505_1.jpg

The 60's brought us The Beatles and some incredible racing machines. Ferrari, Ford and Porsche were in a titanic battle. Let's have one of our own for a 40 minute race.

All premium members using their full Real Name in the forum, race servers and teamspeak can sign up for this event. We have limited slots so sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY)
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)

Server Name:
  • RaceDepartment.com US Club Race #26
Cars: DLC is required for this event. Drivers see second post please.
Track: Circuit 24 Lemans 2017 2.05 (download)
Fixed Setup: No
Driving Assists: Tire blankets
Jump Start: = Drive Through
Highly Recommended App: Helicorsa 0.7b Download

Schedule (US): Thursday 20Sep18
Practice:
20:00 EDT (30 mins)
Qualifying: 20:30 EDT (20 mins)
Race: 21:00 EDT (40 mins)

Schedule (Other timezones):
Practice: Friday | 00:00 GMT | 10:00 AEST
Qualifying: Friday | 00:30 GMT | 10:30 AEST
Race: Friday | 01:00 GMT | 11:00 AEST

Entry List
  1. Bobby Pennington ask me anything in teamspeak - Ford
  2. Richard Dastardly - Ferrari
  3. Dirk Steffen - Porsche
  4. Neal Ches - Ford
  5. Keith_G - Porsche
  6. lhcaetano - Ferrari
  7. InsaneOzzie - Ford
  8. Jean-François - Ford
  9. ghostshades - Ford
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot
UTP # 47 BP

Last edited:
RaceDepartment.com US Club Practice #36 practice server will be provided.

Drivers, car choice must be in by 16:00EDT Thursday to assure your choice so I can set the server. If you're late, you get what you get. Thanks for understanding.
A message to all Drivers
If you run off track, you have to check and see that its clear before you re-enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.
When entering the track from the pits stay off the racing line until you are up to speed and do not race on your out lap. Let other drivers by in qualifying.
On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car. Remember, you've made the mistake by going off so let them by cleanly.
Golden Rule
  1. Be 100% sure it's not your fault and just carry on like nothing happened and take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Play on the safe side and wait for the affected drivers, knowing 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a complete lift of the gas please if it is safe to do so.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in teamspeak. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

I take positive note of Bobby trying to make good on his transgressions on the track today and he has R E L U C T A N T L Y (may I kindly add) placed one very single flat 8 powered Zuffenhausen spaceship where it really belongs.

I just cannot decide if I understand the sweet words you said to me more like this or more like that:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I accept your apologies and announce you may count me in with that very Porsche 908 Langheck.

porsche-908-longtail-lemans-8.jpg

Thank you very much ;-)

Last edited:
I take positive note of Bobby trying to make good on his transgressions on the track today and he has R E L U C T A N T L Y (may I kindly add) placed one very single flat 8 powered Zuffenhausen spaceship where it really belongs.

I just cannot decide if I understand the sweet words you said to me more like this or more like that:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I accept your apologies and announce you may count me in with that very Porsche 908 Langheck.

porsche-908-longtail-lemans-8.jpg

Thank you very much ;-)
Yes, yes after last night I'm a little embarrassed. My village celebrated my race by featuring me in a parade:
5tNsw-.gif

With these cars and that era and epic battle that took place between Ford and Ferrari it would do history a disservice, if we used the chicane, so of course No Chicane. Back then, if you wanted curves, everyone knew where to go to get the best ones around and that's when, uhumm, things straightened out:whistling::D
Linda-Vaughn.jpg
Never mind about chicanes or no chicanes. Take a look at that picture. It's got fake fake fake written all over it. I mean come on that's got to be a wig. I bet you those knockers are real tho.:roflmao:

Last edited:
If you'd be so kind to sign me up.
Not sure on the car yet not driven them on this track. In fact I've not driven anything on this track. I should probably let you know as soon as I've done some practice and when the server comes available.

PS: I guess I should have checked, the server is up.

Last edited:
Never mind about chicanes or no chicanes. Take a look at that picture. It's got fake fake fake written all over it. I mean come on that's got to be a wig. I bet you those knockers are real tho.:roflmao:

I think you may not be familiar with Linda Vaughn of Hurst Shifter fame.
She comes from a time when women were real and racing dangerous.

1072full-linda-vaughn.jpg

You will find the Porsche 908 LH to be the easiest car to get into (BEWARE the fragile 5 speed transmission - make sure you get used to very precise shifting or you will damage clutch, gearbox or engine all of which is simulated in Assetto Corsa).

The Ford GT is most likely the missile of choice around this circuit but it needs a careful hand cornering.

The Ferrari is the best all-round car with a great and powerful engine, much less weight than the Iron Ford but less advanced aero than the slippery Porsche, hence a bit more a handful at high speeds but VERY agile in the twisty bits of which are only a few around the track.

It is best you practice some offline or online - the practice server is already up (US Club Practice #36).

Well because I'm not into drifting that much or twerking while breaking and I guess I'm pretty much :poop: scared of the other two. I would like to go with the Ferrari please. At least in that one the blood won't show so much.:O_o:

IMO the Ford is probably easiest to corner out of the box, provided you don't downshift too early - that motor has a lot of drag. Can also get over the end of the speedo on the straight here, just need to start braking for the end of the straight before you get on the beginning ;)

Didn't test the Porsche much, over a lap the times of the other two seemed quite similar, although I don't know the Ford much anymore - drives a bit differently to a couple of years back when I did more with it.

Edit: I spent some time on all the cars now. An hour in each isn't going to get near to all the time I've put in the 330 though.

* The Ford is 27km/h faster down the straight than the Ferrari. If you don't think that's all that much, imagine a car going past you at 27km/h. Takes about a minute to go down the straight, so now imagine where that car is in a minute - admittedly the Ford's acceleration is a bit slower, so a bit less than a minute.
* The Ford needs 170m or so extra to stop at the end of the straight, and I'm reasonably sure I was getting brake fade just in that zone...
* The Ford is fantastic to drive - really feels like a vintage car, having to be slow & deliberate everywhere.

* The Porsche is 10km/h faster down the straight than the Ferrari. It is lighter so it stops a bit quicker, but it's also less powerful so it takes a while to reach top speed.
* The Porsche has some horrible suspension geometry issues, I suspect a lot of people's issues with it's handling are because of that. If you unload the front it also reduces front camber, which is not great when you're trying to exit a corner. Also needs brake balance a lot more forward than usual. Out of the box it's not going to be all that quick, but if you tune it I think it'd be the fastest over a lap. It's also amazingly fun to drive, it's really forgiving of you throwing it around.
* The Porsche's fuel consumption is so low I reckon it's got a 50cc moped engine.

* The Ferrari out of the box isn't going to be much fun and I didn't try, but from what I remember you'll be in the barrier if you try taking the Mulsanne kink flat with the default setup ( which will apply to other faster corners too ). Tuned, it's really nice still even if it's slow in a straight line. It's also by far the heaviest on fuel.
* Ed again - I did try the default setup & it's ok & better than I remembered, but it's liable to bite you in the arse quite easily if you're not used to the car.

Last edited:
If you'd be so kind to sign me up.
Not sure on the car yet not driven them on this track. In fact I've not driven anything on this track. I should probably let you know as soon as I've done some practice and when the server comes available.

PS: I guess I should have checked, the server is up.
Thanks for joining us. Got you signed up. Just remember to let me know which car you want when you decide:)

IMO the Ford is probably easiest to corner out of the box, provided you don't downshift too early - that motor has a lot of drag. Can also get over the end of the speedo on the straight here, just need to start braking for the end of the straight before you get on the beginning ;)

Didn't test the Porsche much, over a lap the times of the other two seemed quite similar, although I don't know the Ford much anymore - drives a bit differently to a couple of years back when I did more with it.

Edit: I spent some time on all the cars now. An hour in each isn't going to get near to all the time I've put in the 330 though.

* The Ford is 27km/h faster down the straight than the Ferrari. If you don't think that's all that much, imagine a car going past you at 27km/h. Takes about a minute to go down the straight, so now imagine where that car is in a minute - admittedly the Ford's acceleration is a bit slower, so a bit less than a minute.
* The Ford needs 170m or so extra to stop at the end of the straight, and I'm reasonably sure I was getting brake fade just in that zone...
* The Ford is fantastic to drive - really feels like a vintage car, having to be slow & deliberate everywhere.

* The Porsche is 10km/h faster down the straight than the Ferrari. It is lighter so it stops a bit quicker, but it's also less powerful so it takes a while to reach top speed.
* The Porsche has some horrible suspension geometry issues, I suspect a lot of people's issues with it's handling are because of that. If you unload the front it also reduces front camber, which is not great when you're trying to exit a corner. Also needs brake balance a lot more forward than usual. Out of the box it's not going to be all that quick, but if you tune it I think it'd be the fastest over a lap. It's also amazingly fun to drive, it's really forgiving of you throwing it around.
* The Porsche's fuel consumption is so low I reckon it's got a 50cc moped engine.

* The Ferrari out of the box isn't going to be much fun and I didn't try, but from what I remember you'll be in the barrier if you try taking the Mulsanne kink flat with the default setup ( which will apply to other faster corners too ). Tuned, it's really nice still even if it's slow in a straight line. It's also by far the heaviest on fuel.
* Ed again - I did try the default setup & it's ok & better than I remembered, but it's liable to bite you in the arse quite easily if you're not used to the car.
I cannot thank you enough for doing this for us. I simply don't have the energy in me to do this at the moment and this is a great service to all of our club members that you have provided:thumbsup::inlove:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back