AC 60's LMP @ Watkins Glen - Mon 16Jul18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Unfortunatly, the 330 P4 career was very short : only 1967.
Ferrari boycotted the 1968 sports car racing in 1968 (due to change of rules : 5 liters to 3 liters), and the P4 had just one year to become one of the most attractive car ever built.
Only 3 P4 and one P3/4 were built, and only 1 real 330 P4 left now (with other "official" replica from 60's)

But during the year 1967, Ferrari 330 P4, Porsche 908 (LH or short tail, depends on tracks), and Ford GT40 fought together.
Ferrari won the championship, but each one of the 3 cars won 2 races.
So they fought hard together (330 P3/4 and P4 : 34 pts, 908 : 32 pts, and GT40 : 22 pts at the end).

the contemporary of the 312P is the 908/02 /03, and later the 917, but they are really different cars.
This period is the end of golden age.

The 917's partner would be the 512S/M, which is an entirely different beast ( class too ). 1967 would be the little 906/7. Regardless the 330 & 908 seem a good match in AC, at least :p.

Go practice a bit more - do it on the actual practice server, I'd suggest, so you can match the conditions properly.

Last edited:
yes, you are right, 908 was introducted only in 1968.
So, the 908 (any version) never met the 330 P4, my bad.
I tried both 330 P4 and 908 at the Glen, very similar lap time.
But the GT40 have 230 more kg (1025/792) and 20 less HP (430/450) than the 330P4.
330 P4 : 1.73 kg/hp
908 LH : 1.94 kg/hp
GT40 : 2.38 gk/hp
It's quite a huge gap beetween the Ferrari and the Ford.
I'll try the GT40 tomorrow, just for fun.

Ok, tx.
The race is 40 mn, is it 30 laps of the Glen short, please ?
Just to know about the fuel I need (at this time I took 52 liters for the 908)
Another question please : don't you think it will be more fun with green track ?
This way, with car getting lighter (fuel use during the race) and with track getting better with time, we will run quite faster as time go on.
Best lap time will be at the end of the race (if tyres still ok...)
To be honest, I never had a race during more than 30 minutes at this time, this will be my first race of that length.
I will simulate the 40 mn race today.

You mean track will improve even on practice and qualifications ?
I think it's very nice, lap time are going to improve all along the event, and maybe (depends on tyres, i don't know if they could support 30 laps without losing performances...) the last laps of the race will be the faster ones, for epic finish ! :ninja::ninja:

a little update to my car setup for the 908 :
okofree.free.fr/AC/watkins_glen_908LH_cladecq_02.rar
erased
I changed the tyre pressure to have ~same temp values (no more than 10°C difference beetween them all, to avoid grip difference) and the behavior of the car is really cool, car easy to manage in every situation (even when i do mistakes driving too fast on some curve), but still quite fast.
So I'm happy with it, and ready for the race.

Last edited:
@Cladeq we are not supposed to discuss lap times though, so pl edit them out.

The official server will start at 98% and will be 100% by the quali, so no crazy progressions, these cars are a hand full as it is. The tires last 40 mins ok.

@Eugene Abramoff ..nope, It just does not work me sadly ..so please remove me from the race ..thanks
I'll look into it. There has been an update today, if you have downloaded it, that maybe causing the issue, because it's still old on the server. The surface grip was increased in the new version. Otherwise, I'll update the server later tonight and you can try with the new version, that'll most likely fix the issue.

If you wanted to practice the weather is Clear at 24 degrees.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back