AC 60's LMP @ Deutschlandring - Wednesday 10th June 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Oh boy! I'm so sorry for the mess I caused in Race 2. :(

Had a good start but got catched before the fast right hander finding myself in the middle of a three wide. I wanted to let it roll a bit earlier to back off but I backed off too slowly and had a bit understeer, so I unfortunately touched the outside driver. We got sent to the inside resulting in a heavy crash with a concrete pylon and following cars. I'm so sorry for everyone involved.

The heavy impact pushed me through the road, falling off planet earth and back to pits. I restarted qickly but the car felt strange. So after a few offs I called it a day...

Race 1 instead was good fun, keeping John behind for one lap.

Thx for hosting mate!

Last edited:
Thanks for running this one @Medilloni - I couldn't quite figure out the combo in the time I had to practice, so I was nowhere near the pace, but it was still good fun chucking the Porsche around a corner and clipping a lamppost :whistling:

I think most of my time was lost due to being very inconsistent. I'd regularly be down or up a few seconds, then find I'd recovered or lost it all just a few corners later :rolleyes:

The track was amazing in VR

Oh boy! I'm so sorry for the mess I caused in Race 2. :(

Had a good start but got catched before the fast right hander finding myself in the middle of a three wide. I wanted to let it roll a bit earlier to back off but I bakced of to slowly and had a bit understeer, so I unfortunately touched the outside driver. We got sent to the inside resulting in a heavy crash with a concrete pylon and following cars. I'm so sorry for everyone involved.

The heavy impact pushed me through the road, falling off planet earth and back to pits. I restarted qickly but the car felt strange. So after a few offs I called it a day...

Race 1 instead was good fun, keeping John behind for one lap.

Thx for hosting mate!
I don't think it was your fault Reik, just watched the replay, it was me I think :( ... going up the hill I saw a Ferrari going to the inside of you, then quickly back out, so I thought you'd have the inside line and I'd left enough room for you. From the replay it looks like there was a car on your inside so you had nowhere to go, I even thought "he'll understeer, leave room". My apologies to all for that, I should have known better.

Low numbers though I had some fun... watching Reik was great fun getting so sideways, trying to catch @Waffen JJ, and not! Then trying to keep @pattikins Patrick behind @ end of 2nd race, I so nearly blew it :laugh:

Big thanks to all... especially hard to keep enthusiasm up on low grids so appreciated you guys all the more:thumbsup:

I'm thinkin' next week is either Mini JCW or GTE/GT2 , will be up tomorrow, thanks again all:)

I tried all three on the drag strip, the gt40 over 2km was the quickest, closely followed by the Ferrari, the Porsche was miles behind.
The Ferrari has a burst of torque very near max rpm, which in lower gears Will cause instant over steer. I am probably wrong but I think the Porsche without the BOP and some grippier front tyres would match the Ferrari around this circuit..I could even see it being quicker. The GT40 is just plain difficult. I think on le-mans with no chicanes it would be the fastest. All of them would make a good one series car, or all three would make a good series group with the right circuits distributed to make it even out over half a dozen races, without the gripper front tyres the Porsche is always going to be a looser. :)

Although I had a lot of fun as always on Fat-Alfie's tracks, tonight was a complete disaster for me.
I had to leave qually because of a malfunction of our central heating system and also missed the start of race 1.
When I returned I was already lapped by everyone so I decided to have some fun in chasing @Kek700 to see if I could force him into a mistake but he kept his head cool:thumbsup:. Race 2 I had a bad start but that didn't matter because I became victim of the mess in the beginning of the race. My car rolled over several times and ended with a flat tyre. So I got back to the pits facing a 40s penalty. Played the backmarker for the rest of the race with no chance of catching up without mistakes from the others.

Thanks very much @Medilloni for organising and staying with this combo regardless of the few drivers. And also to all guys who were there for racing.
And I like the idea of series with these cars and I would love to see the Feldbergring and Fonteny as part of it.

@HF2000 you were quicker in quite a few places at this circuit, helped me see where I was loosing all my time,
but could not do much about that on the day. But one place were I was weak was the steep down hill bit with the right hand bend, before the wiggly bits. So I made sure I had enough of a gap before I got there. The rest of the circuit was nigh on impossible for you to overtake, on a race circuit it would have been far far easier for you to get by me.:)

I had a great race, used john as my reference for most of the two races until he disappeared out of sight, abandoned pole second race, just wanted a fun race. Great time by @pattikins , most impressed. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the event John, shame about the turn out, it will be interesting to see how track choice, car choice effects the Wednesday events from now on.:)

PS,
just viewed the first race with @HF2000 and me, what a cracker. A real cat and mouse, unfortunately I was the mouse. :(
Did not realise what a great race it was at the time. :thumbsup:
Yes it was. Really enjoyed it:thumbsup:. I remember there were 2 moments in which I thought I had a chance to overtake but because I was 2 laps behind I didn't want to take the risk of ruining your race so I lifted where I otherwise would have had a go. And also it was more fun to imagine you sweating behind the wheel :D .

I know where you mean, on both occasions I had a straight line to accelerate, your car was in both occasions at an acute angle, very difficult to make it stick. :unsure:
I think with another few laps you would have got me on the long straight.:(

I don't think it was your fault Reik, just watched the replay, it was me I think :( ... going up the hill I saw a Ferrari going to the inside of you, then quickly back out, so I thought you'd have the inside line and I'd left enough room for you. From the replay it looks like there was a car on your inside so you had nowhere to go, I even thought "he'll understeer, leave room". My apologies to all for that, I should have known better.

Low numbers though I had some fun... watching Reik was great fun getting so sideways, trying to catch @Waffen JJ, and not! Then trying to keep @pattikins Patrick behind @ end of 2nd race, I so nearly blew it :laugh:

Big thanks to all... especially hard to keep enthusiasm up on low grids so appreciated you guys all the more:thumbsup:

I'm thinkin' next week is either Mini JCW or GTE/GT2 , will be up tomorrow, thanks again all:)

It was more of a racing incident. It's a tricky & deceptive stretch of road. If both of you recall, there was a major crash with the DTM cars on the same bit of road. I think there is only the racing line that it's possible to go (nearly) flatout - that's why I started to back off, I knew that if tried to stay with Reik I would have had a severe case of understeer further down the road/or I would have had to slow down & lose track position.

I actually had a lot more fun in the second race, including being undone by some straw bales as I was coming out of the last corner, trying to get in Denis' slipstream :laugh: Up until then I thought it might possible, with the help of the racing Gods, to catch JJ. But, it wasn't to be. Fortunately, I had everyone's favourite target, John, in my sights for the last few laps. I thought my luck was in when I saw him crash in to the barrier on the last lap. Sadly, John managed to keep his cool & even pulled away from me out of the last corner.:cry::mad:

Thanks for the combo John. As Scott mentioned, it looked fantastic in VR.

It was more of a racing incident. It's a tricky & deceptive stretch of road. If both of you recall, there was a major crash with the DTM cars on the same bit of road. I think there is only the racing line that it's possible to go (nearly) flatout - that's why I started to back off, I knew that if tried to stay with Reik I would have had a severe case of understeer further down the road/or I would have had to slow down & lose track position.

I actually had a lot more fun in the second race, including being undone by some straw bales as I was coming out of the last corner, trying to get in Denis' slipstream :laugh: Up until then I thought it might possible, with the help of the racing Gods, to catch JJ. But, it wasn't to be. Fortunately, I had everyone's favourite target, John, in my sights for the last few laps. I thought my luck was in when I saw him crash in to the barrier on the last lap. Sadly, John managed to keep his cool & even pulled away from me out of the last corner.:cry::mad:

Thanks for the combo John. As Scott mentioned, it looked fantastic in VR.
Dammit, I don;t want to be a target, and I've no idea why! :p By the start I was stressed out; poor sign up, then took hours to get the server to work, my effin fault :laugh:

Your pace was amazing Patrick, you pushed me to my pb in those last few laps, crossed the line and thought I could steady the gap, 3 secs later you were .5 sec quicker:confused: And yes, the straw bales behave like the lamp posts:roflmao:

Server is live for next week's event folks, only 19 grid slots - the car has been raved about in previous races (in particular by those that aren't a fan of fwd!), and the track has a few big stops for overtaking, hoping for a good grid and racing!

Last edited:
...Race 2 I had a bad start but that didn't matter because I became victim of the mess in the beginning of the race. My car rolled over several times and ended with a flat tyre. So I got back to the pits facing a 40s penalty...
I'm no car mechanic, but I'm guessing you had bigger problems than a flat tyre.
Han Deutschlandring.jpg

:confused::p:roflmao:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%