AC 60's F1 @ Fonteny - Wednesday 29 Jan 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Yeah, thanks for the race guys, although it was a pretty lonely one for me - more like 'hot-lapping with style' rather than racing :laugh: My own fault for making such a long track.

And it was me who clipped your rear wheel on the first lap, Steve - I'm really sorry if it was my fault, but I couldn't react quickly enough to avoid you :(

Simply fantastic! Huge thanks for running tonight's race @Denis Betty , I guess your workload is heavy right now so all the more appreciated buddy:)

Came last but don't care, what a fabulous race - the track is so amazingly immersive it was like driving in a dream (2nd sign of old age :laugh:).

My apologies for the contact with you @HF2000 Han, I saw you go wide (downhill right hander) and went for the inside and got it all wrong:O_o: Congrats to you and the other podium guys!

@Fat-Alfie David, this track makes The 'Ring look like Brands Indy:roflmao: Thanks so much for this amazing mod, yours are the only tracks I go to for a 'play' these days:thumbsup:

Tried uploading the race_out.json to Simresults.net but mine's corrupt, please could someone upload? Pretty please:laugh:

And it was me who clipped your rear wheel on the first lap, Steve - I'm really sorry if it was my fault, but I couldn't react quickly enough to avoid you :(

Not at all. I was all over the place. My car snapped to the right when I locked my brakes under braking. I didn't give myself enough time to learn the car or the (marvellous) track. I'm pleased that I got a bit more reliable by the end of the race. I'm going to put some hours in to git gud for next time.

My apologies for the contact with you @HF2000 Han, I saw you go wide (downhill right hander) and went for the inside and got it all wrong:O_o: Congrats to you and the other podium guys!
Thanks @Medilloni , It was a great but very intense race for me, you being a bit faster and waiting for a mistake from me to overtake. And the contact is no problem at all. In fact I thought I should apologize to you because I came on to your line and thus blocking you when I was struggling to get the car under control.

A question to you all: in the last two laps the car felt less stable and was harder to control. CrewChief told me the tyres were wearing which should explain that. But the tyre app showed no signs of wear at all (all full green). Did anyone notice this also?

And last: thanks @Denis Betty for organising and @Fat-Alfie for this magnificent track. I really hope we will have much more races with more competitors on it in the future. Looking forward to next monday!

A question to you all: in the last two laps the car felt less stable and was harder to control. CrewChief told me the tyres were wearing which should explain that. But the tyre app showed no signs of wear at all (all full green). Did anyone notice this also?
Yes, exactly the same here Han, tyre app didn't move at all - the last 10 minutes were (even more!) fraught with danger :laugh:

I was way at the back because I borked my car on the first lap, but Crew Chief was completely broken for me yesterday. I put 86 litres of fuel in for the start, bent my car on lap 1, then Crew Chief immediately told me I was nearly out of fuel. Crept back to the pits for repairs and, foolishly, top up to 100% fuel. Left the pits and Crew Chief spent the remaining 40 minutes shouting at me about running out of fuel despite never having less than 100l in the tank

It wasn't just fuel issues, either. CC was constantly telling me I was like 90 seconds off the pace when I was setting greens and the occasional purple. Ok, so my lap times were poor compared to the front-runners, but at worst I was 60 seconds behind at the end of the lap. My final lap was only 20 seconds off the fastest of the evening.

Very off-putting. I wonder if maybe there was some calibration issue between me, the track and CC.

The tyres kept getting better and better for me in the Ferrari. Very weird.

I noticed this too. I started to make a lot more mistakes towards the end and eventually gave up trying to catch the leader.

This was only my third ever online race and I found it completely exhausting! Very different to racing against the AI offline, especially up close/wheel-to-wheel. The knowledge that I might spoil another person's race really made me hold back and wait for a very safe place to try and overtake :unsure:. Thanks for letting me join you guys, it was a very memorable experience :thumbsup:

I noticed this too. I started to make a lot more mistakes towards the end and eventually gave up trying to catch the leader.

This was only my third ever online race and I found it completely exhausting! Very different to racing against the AI offline, especially up close/wheel-to-wheel. The knowledge that I might spoil another person's race really made me hold back and wait for a very safe place to try and overtake :unsure:. Thanks for letting me join you guys, it was a very memorable experience :thumbsup:
You were very fast with such a challenging car! :thumbsup: And only your third online race, I guess you do a lot of offline racing then.

You were very fast with such a challenging car! :thumbsup: And only your third online race, I guess you do a lot of offline racing then.

Thanks very much. Fast(ish) maybe, but not consistent enough (or fast enough). I love the car, and I have done lots of laps round Fonteny over the last 2 years (39,029 km so far ~ 1500 laps) :sleep:

Now you guys have used it, do you see a problem in adding collision to all the track-side objects? (except for the trees) So, parked vehicles, houses, barns, marshal huts and lookout towers, benches, fences... That has all been added for v1.1, along with the reverse layout and better looking trees and bushes :thumbsup:

Thanks very much. Fast(ish) maybe, but not consistent enough (or fast enough). I love the car, and I have done lots of laps round Fonteny over the last 2 years (39,029 km so far ~ 1500 laps) :sleep:

Now you guys have used it, do you see a problem in adding collision to all the track-side objects? (except for the trees) So, parked vehicles, houses, barns, marshal huts and lookout towers, benches, fences... That has all been added for v1.1, along with the reverse layout and better looking trees and bushes :thumbsup:

Your planned changes for version 1.1, for me, would make it more consistent and realistic - which can only be a good thing.

The only thing that I didn't see and would like are village names - more of a memory thing than anything else.

Hmm, difficult. I like realism, especially because I never raced in real life. On the other hand, I wouldn't have finished 3th if those objects were collidable (is that good English?). Hmm. Ok. I'm going for realism although it probably means that I will not end up in a field of cows anymore:D.

No, it'll overwrite v1.0 - last night's race was the main reason I hadn't released v1.1, tbh, so it didn't mess up anyone's race with the F1 '67 cars. I forgot about the DRM race :redface:

No, it'll overwrite v1.0 - last night's race was the main reason I hadn't released v1.1, tbh, so it didn't mess up anyone's race with the F1 '67 cars. I forgot about the DRM race :redface:
Ok. Let's do it then after the Monday race. Also reverse layout you said? Cool!!!

I'm all in favour of making it more realistic David - so adding collision to trackside objects would be good imo :) Anything to stop me foraging in the forest, or Madame Dupont's bedroom. Again.:inlove:

--------------
By the way (aka subtle hint:laugh:), I briefly mentioned it last night on TS but if you did fancy a go at building the Chevron B16 mod (https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/mod-app-requests-thread.64157/page-78#post-3103040) I posted there earlier with more info re tech details I should be able to get....
*I did mention I guessed it would include; all engine power/torque info, gearbox dtls, weights, springs/dampers, chassis dimension including suspension pick-up points, chassis construction type, brake info, wheels/tyres, general car performance etc. There maybe a chance to also get driver feedback on the mod too, there's still a few out there!;)

Am I pestering?:whistling::laugh:

1580394929232.png
1580394945505.png

The B16 is a beautiful car, and I too would love to have a copy in AC. Personally, I am more of a track builder rather than a car builder. I did make a half-hearted start on a 60's Lotus Elite (and I also dream of making a Lola GT mk6 for AC) but I fear it is beyond me :(

I wil gladly ask around though, see if anyone of the 'pros' might be tempted :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 393 40.1%