AC 60's F1 Ferrari vs Lotus @ Deutschlandring - Weds 18th Nov 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
A quick update for you guys:

@Denis Betty has very kindly offered to share organising the Weds races, so we'll be doing them between us for the future :thumbsup:

Massive thanks to those of you offering help too, it will free off a lot of time for us! We've pm'd some of you to help in different ways.

I've just noticed that you've relinquished your staff position. I'd like to say...
for all that you've done.

Now that Thor has got his ban hammer back, I guess I can race a bit closer ;):p:roflmao:.

Just a very careful question: Are you going to host Wednesday races here?
Hi Reik, I won't be doing any more mate, for pc reasons (*below) and that all RD races were supposed to be moving to SGP at start of Jan (so I guess it's imminent!), and SGP isn't my cup of tea. at least for now.

My hard drive packed in a couple of weeks ago, got it running a few days ago (fresh install of Win10), managed to do one race and now I can't get rid of a really bad 'mini' freeze in all videos and games. I'm calling in the pc army!;)

-------------------------------------------------------------
Re the hard drive problem, someone anonymously sent me a 250gb SSD, so I don't know who it is but the only place where I've given my address to some friends is here on RD.

So whoever you are, my heartfelt thanks to you! - and it's not just the hard drive, it's the thought and kindness that is so massively uplifting (you will probably know why I'm saying that). I've had to replace the (totally!) corrupt old hard drive with another old one:laugh:, so this will used very wisely, I won't be taking my own advice that's for sure!

Once again, thank you so much:inlove::) ...and I understand why you might not, but I'd love to thank you personally by pm?

John

Last edited:
Just a very careful question: Are you going to host Wednesday races here?
The order has come down that all AC clubs must be moved to the new SGP platform. I tried it and (me being an old fart who doesn't like change) I'm not keen to make that jump.

There may be an opportunity for a willing RD member to get involved here I would think. It's just not for me and I think that John's personal circumstances have changed, so he can't do it.

If anybody wants to run the club on SGP, I'd say, PM Bram Hengeveld and inquire about it there. I would be happy to give support and advice. :)

The order has come down that all AC clubs must be moved to the new SGP platform. I tried it and (me being an old fart who doesn't like change) I'm not keen to make that jump.

There may be an opportunity for a willing RD member to get involved here I would think. It's just not for me and I think that John's personal circumstances have changed, so he can't do it.

If anybody wants to run the club on SGP, I'd say, PM Bram Hengeveld and inquire about it there. I would be happy to give support and advice. :)
Same here with the support and advice as Denis said, and if someone does fill the Weds pls invite me and I'll try and figure out how to join :laugh:

Last edited:

I've sent bram a pm asking what involved. If anyone want to be added to the conversation just shout!

I like sgp for what it is but it's closer to public racing which i would still dabble in...

Anyway hopefully we can find some way to keep it close to the usual wednesday night goodness and integrate sgp and the forum. I suppose people will vote with their feet in the end.

I've sent bram a pm asking what involved. If anyone want to be added to the conversation just shout!

I like sgp for what it is but it's closer to public racing which i would still dabble in...

Anyway hopefully we can find some way to keep it close to the usual wednesday night goodness and integrate sgp and the forum. I suppose people will vote with their feet in the end.
Good on ya Brian, and if I may be so bold; if you want any help with the forum stuff don't hesitate to shout - I have plenty of time for that side of things. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 347 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.4%