AC 60's F1 Ferrari vs Lotus @ Deutschlandring - Weds 18th Nov 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
It was a lot of fun, Han - it's a shame that you couldn't make it last night :(

It's amazing, the difference between racing against the AI and racing against people. It felt like a completely different race track too, as the AI always stick to the same line, rarely make mistakes, hardly ever put you under pressure, and I was using lines I have never needed to use before. Cheers!

Thought race one was a disaster for me, until I looked previous posts and the video that @GEO147 kindly made above, :thumbsup:certainly I was not alone.
Picked the excessive setup by mistake, and fuelled it incorrectly, so unknown to me, race one would have been a right off no matter what happened.
Race two was much better, correct setup, and found my pace eventually, did not have to worry about traffic starting from the back, for me a great race, most enjoyable.
My heart was not in it for some reason, but I recovered that by race 2, but boy was that a lot of concentration. A very very difficult car to drive, unless you are a 100% comited to every second of the race.
I really wanted to catch patikins near the end, but the finish flag got me beat in the end.:(
A very remember-all race, well done podiums, and @Medilloni for a great effort in the choice of car and event.
:)

You put in some great laps towards the end of the race. Was the last lap a PB? At the start of the last lap I noticed that you were nearly .4 of a second quicker, but was over 2 seconds behind. David was also nearly 3 seconds ahead, so there was no way I was going to catch him without doing a PB+. After weighing up my limited options, I went for a slower 'safe' last lap.

My best here is a 3-10-0.8, but yes you are correct the last lap was a 3-11-0.02. I was down into the low 10's in some parts, so that may have exaggerated it a bit from your perspective; the problem is some are faster in some sections whilst some are quicker elsewhere. So it's a yo-yo depending on where you are on the circuit.
I really enjoyed trying to catch you, really needed another lap for it to happen. but where? it had to be the start-finish straight. So even another lap was going to be a challenge. :)

Here is a video of race 1 from my perspective. Managed to keep it on the black stuff a bit better. An amazing track and combo really was. I was covered in sweat at end of race 1. And just wasn't mentally prepared for race 2 at all. But so enjoyable.
I'm not very happy with the video quality. Will have to look into it more.

Last edited:
I'm still very excited about yesterday's two races, so I hade to make one vid of a few laps onboard, starting from P5 in race 2 and one vid using camtool, to show the action and the beauty of this track.

Before the event I was feeling really bad, because I couldn't do 2 fast laps in a row without spinning or crashing (doing one fast lap was another thing). So I started very nervous into the qualy session.

I thought: "First let's do a clean and safe lap to get one done, then attack for faster laps." This first "easy" lap resulted into pole and my PB, a 3:10:5xx. Now the penny had dropped and I realised I had to let the car go instead of pushing it. This way I really got into the flow into both races, constantly putting in fast laps without mistakes and a new confidence.

At the start of Race 1 I lost one position to @Ronnie Böhme because of a long first gear (for the hairpins). I also got under pressure by @pattikins . Unfortunately Ronnie lost the rear in the sharp right hander over the bridge and I gained P1. Now it was doing fast laps untill the end staying calm and concentrated.

At the start of Race 2 from P5 I tryed to play it safe in the bunch and lost one position. I gained back a few positions during lap one, now chasing @Denis Betty and @Fat-Alfie into lap 2. (Side note: What an honor to race the track maker himself! :thumbsup::D) Both had a good pace but got into a tough battle, so I was able to slip through into one corner. Ronnie in the lead was a few seconds away and I focused on closing the gap. After a few laps I got closer. I prepared for a nice battle, when Ronnie hit that evil lamp post. :( So I gained P1 again without a fight and brought it home as in Race 1.

:thumbsup:Thanks to all drivers for their huge commitment, to David for this masterpiece of a track and to @Medilloni and RD for hosting this great event.

Here the vids and my qualy and race setup:

Attachments

• R-ba-r.ini
    1.2 KB · Views: 57
  • R-ba.ini
    1.2 KB · Views: 57
Next week's event is up chaps!
This is the last one from me guys, so I'll take this opportunity to give a massive thanks to each and every one of you - for the great racing and most excellent banter - it's been an absolute pleasure for me. :)

It has been a pleasure for me and I'm sure a huge number of others as well John - thanks for the great races!
(Not sure if I can join this one yet but fingers crossed. Edit: oops this is last week's thread!)

Last edited:
Haha, cheeky bugger :laugh: ...hoped it would be more like this... :p
giphy.gif

Haha, cheeky bugger :laugh: ...hoped it would be more like this... :p
View attachment 421369

Confession - I've never watched Bill & Ted..., obviously too mature for me :laugh:. Yes, I'm going to miss the 'excellent' club adventures. So thank you (& Craig...) for making it possible to have some fantastic races...

Are you still planning to take part in the races on simracing.gp or are hanging up you sim-ing slippers?

Confession - I've never watched Bill & Ted..., obviously too mature for me :laugh:. Yes, I'm going to miss the 'excellent' club adventures. So thank you (& Craig...) for making it possible to have some fantastic races...

Are you still planning to take part in the races on simracing.gp or are hanging up you sim-ing slippers?
Not stopping sim-ing Patrick, couldn't do that! I'd be happy to help out anyone taking on the Weds (or other AC) events, just can't do them regularly for the foreseeable future.

Glad you mentioned Craig... I wouldn't have had so much fun with you all if it wasn't for his encouragement and his example of great combo's.

Have found a couple of places to race online when time permits, though (selfishly!) I'll have more time to do Chris's Sunday events whilst they're still on RD - really missed GT3 and would like to get 'me hand in again.

Last edited:
Your combos were absolutely fabulous John. I missed a few recently through work but have enjoyed them so much over wha[ must be close to a year now.

You were very good to step in and it's been a great learning experience for many of us in terms of tracks and cars. So thanks dude :thumbsup:

Your combos were absolutely fabulous John. I missed a few recently through work but have enjoyed them so much over wha[ must be close to a year now.

You were very good to step in and it's been a great learning experience for many of us in terms of tracks and cars. So thanks dude :thumbsup:
Thanks George, it's been my pleasure - though the credit for combo's goes to Craig, without his amazing knack of fitting a car's limits to the track choice I wouldn't have had a clue:laugh:

If anyone wants to step in I'd be happy to help out when time allows - work has gone mad and a planned house move is back on the cards (hopefully!) but I could def find time on occasion to lend a hand.

Thanks George, it's been my pleasure - though the credit for combo's goes to Craig, without his amazing knack of fitting a car's limits to the track choice I wouldn't have had a clue:laugh:

If anyone wants to step in I'd be happy to help out when time allows - work has gone mad and a planned house move is back on the cards (hopefully!) but I could def find time on occasion to lend a hand.
I can help out too if required. If anybody wants to take it on?

Keep it short ( it’s a first ) and I will involve everyone in this big thankyou for all your efforts.
I have enjoyed all your races you organised immensely. ( excluding the bleeding skippy ). Most definitely, you will be missed, but looking on the bright side, we will all see you on the track.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

230162E4-517D-4E02-B905-B86308B80A71.jpeg

Happy to share it with you Denis - every other week or so, or play it by ear? Another helping hand would be perfect if poss, anyone up for event sharing?!
Can one of the other guys put a hand up to say they'll help out? Wouldn't necessarily need to become staff.... maybe just test out some combos and help with screenshots for flyers or something? Would be nice to share the work a bit. :)

Last edited:
Can one of the other guys put a hand up to say they'll help out? Wouldn't necessarily need to become staff.... maybe just test out some combos and help with screenshots for flyers or something? Would be nice to share the work a bit. :)

I work shifts & after several years I still haven't managed to get my VR microphone to work consistently, but I'd be more than happy to share in the background stuff - creating & testing combos, etc.,.

Alternatively, what about leaving Wednesday nights open to member suggestions of tried & tested combos - maybe with a voting option?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 92 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 100 13.8%