60's Ahvenisto - Finland - F3 Classic Tracks

Tracks 60's Ahvenisto - Finland - F3 Classic Tracks 1.20

Login or Register an account to download this content

Sergio Loro

Premium
Sergio Loro submitted a new resource:

60's Ahvenisto - Finland - F3 Classic Tracks - Ahvenisto race circuit with late 60's looking

Hello to everyone!!
Today is time to present my last addition to AC, the Ahvenisto race circuit, as it looks back on late 60's.
Track lenght is 2.81 Kms and had a mix of nice turns/up and downs, not a fast circuit at all but great for low powered cars as Alfa Romeo Giulia or Lotus 25 car
:).
I try to represent a late 60's looking, base on many pictures and vids i had, as usual with all my...

Read more about this resource...

First, i like your Ahvenisto, very well done. However, a banner saying "Vaudikas Elite" should be something like in this video i found in this page (http://yle.fi/aihe/artikkeli/2010/10/01/ahveniston-moottoriradan-alkuvaiheita) (second video after the text, around 0.30)

Or
Untitled-1 copy.jpg
That's advert for a Russian car, Moskvits Elite... KONELA was the importer of thet car.
Also where there is Volkswagen banners, the word "HUDLETON" should read "HUOLETON"

Thanks for sharing this lovely track.

Sergio Loro updated 60's Ahvenisto - Finland - F3 Classic Tracks with a new update entry:

small fixs!

Hi all!
Here is a small fix for this track.
I check some of the textures and like some users note, some one where to saturaded.
I tried the textures remain as homogeneous as possible.
I used Chris Kennedy Natural Graphics Mod filter for testing, to be honest i like how track looks now.
Please if you note some textures that requires some more tweak, please post a screenshot.
Other Fix :
New vauhdikas elite banner, fix houleton spell, fix helsikin spell, move a marshalls that...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Nice work on the color balance! It's the little things (which often require much work) that give big immersion improvements.

One thing that may need a fix is the AI path, there is always one that goes off at T1 (and rams you when it is rejoining).

Again, thanks for your work, it is hard to stop driving there :thumbsup:

Sergio Loro updated 60's Ahvenisto - Finland - F3 Classic Tracks with a new update entry:

New optimize track.

Hi all!
This new update contains :
Removed extreme bumps at some point of tracks.
New Forest, with correct pivot point and lighting.
A bunch of new terrain textures.
Asphalt lighting.
Fix some Shaders values.
Check of drawing distances to improve FPS.
and many others fixs.

I feel this is the best i can get with this 3d mesh, i hope next tracks (Hockenheim i.e.) get same level of...

some areas are not 100% like i wish, like i says is the best i can get from this 3d mesh.
i used a old method to create mesh, wich is not very flexible once you have track done.
now for upcoming tracks i am using a more suitable method, wich allow to work more on altitudes and so on, without spent many hours fixing a small gap.
To make a good work the best option is to remake the entire track, wich possible i am going to make some time, but for now no more work onto this mesh!
i hope you understand my desicion, i feel track can be done more detailed and i wish some day do it, since i like this track a lot :)

More Improvements

Hi all!
Version 1.20
Whats new :
New sandbag texture.
Add concrete stairs at paddock area.
Marshall's flags now fully 3D.
Atlas Material for 3D Marshalls.
Atlas Material for firetruck.
Atlas Material for Neste truck.
New mapping for T1/T2 outer terrain, it feels more natural now.
Corret lighting for all objects and trees.
New AI file.

I hope you enjoy this track...

As one of the very few GPL legends to bring old tracks to AC, and actually improve them to the current standard, you deserve the gold cup, pat on the back and congratulatory cigar.

This is such a huge improvement over the early AC conversions. It`s like night and day. There`s a couple of little bits here and there that still aren`t just right, but compared to how they were...... wow.

Great stuff, Sergio. You`ve really adapted well to AC. Long may it continue :)

I noticed that there's some slight graphical issues, likely due to the age of this mod relative to the latest versions of Sol and CSP. The lighting on the trees is too saturated and there's this one part of the map where the greenery is darkened due to being placed over a void in the terrain.

I noticed that there's some slight graphical issues, likely due to the age of this mod relative to the latest versions of Sol and CSP. The lighting on the trees is too saturated and there's this one part of the map where the greenery is darkened due to being placed over a void in the terrain.

going to fix this track soon, to current standard. also to re do part of terrain!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 340 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 8.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%