6 months no update

Heya all,

as the Steam community hub for NCG:WF basically turned into a "bash the devs" wreckfest,
because there hasn't been a game update for over 6 months, i want to share this chunk of information with you dear RD members:

"I will freely say that we screwed up. We underestimated how big the physics update would really be, and we screwed up by grafting all the new stuff we've done so far into one build, and now that we've past the point of no return, we realize that it would've been better to release new stuff while the physics team works on physicsy stuff. That's all on us, and believe me, we do recognize our errors"

That's from Jori, a Bugbear dev and you can find this here:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/611703999963740721/#c611704531882040582
(last paragraph of his post)

So if you wondered why nothing is happening, there you go.

Can't wait to see that physics update + all the content updates bundled in it finally getting released, but it seems we'll have to wait some more time until we can.

Just a random information :D

FFB needs more tweaking and damage model is now lacking some.
But it will get there.

This game is the reason that Early Access has a bad rep.
Early Access has a bad rep because people don't understand what "Alpha" and "Beta" means.

Next Car Game is titled as early Alpha, which means:
Don't expect it to start on your PC
Don't expect it to run stable
Don't expect it to have any polish at all
Don't expect it work basically.
But expect it to break with the next update.

You don't want to give the developers money beforehand or struggle with bugs?
Wait for the release version. Simple as that.

For as long as they please.
To my knowledge Steam has no rules regarding the duration of the Early Access phase.

DayZ is in Early Access since december 2013 and they plan leaving Early Access mid 2016.
Kerbal Space Program was in Early Access for 2 years.

Too lazy to look up other games, but 2-3 years isn't anything special.

Next Car Game is like any other racing game / sim - once they got their engine, physics and FFB down only content needs to be created, which isn't that much of a hassle.

Ffb is the step to right direction imo. DX11 64bit is crashing at the start of the race, but I have all cranked up and I read from the bb forums that lowering the eyecandy might help so gonna test that tonight.
Also game doesn't recognize my th8rs shifter.

Game is in pre alpha so no need to be overly dramatic or dissappointed. Bugbear has made good games before and I have no reason to believe they couldn't do so again.

Its on sale again for $17.99. I picked it up and am having a good time with it. I'm not usually an online player for fear of wrecking someone, but this one that's kind of the purpose, so I've even been venturing online.

It's dig up the old thread time:)
Did any of you guys go back to this lately a lot of updates were made. The devs are communicating again, I'm up an running Win10 but the frame rates are low. The cars handling an physics are improved very much simcade now. Not sure were it's going but if you want a day off from the hard core simming it can tick a box

I fired this up for the first time in forever a couple of days ago...It is far better than it was, but it still is one of the most disappointing early access games I have bought. I have a decent enough pc (i5 2500k @4.3Ghz, GTX 770, etc...) and yet I can only play at lowish to medium graphics. On some tracks those graphics look great, on others I get frame rates that are in the teens.

It's cool that the game recognized my DFGT, my Fanatic pedals, and my Clubsport shifter but without being to map a clutch it is all pretty much for nothing.

It is nice that the driving is more on the sim side than the arcade side, and rubbing against the AI feels solid and works well. When the game is running smoothly it is decently fun to play, the trouble is that it takes forever just trying to get it to run smooth, and as soon as you change tracks you have to start all over again.

Maybe in another couple years this game will actually be worth the money they are charging, and it is nice to see that it hasn't been abandoned.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%