5th gear with H shifter

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
I need help to get GT Legends to accept B17 for the 5th gear with H shifter. Same for the Reverse, with B19, it seems that GT Legend does not accept higher than B16 (4th gear).
I could attribute an other button, like B3, to get the 5th gear to engage but it is not very immersive.
How is it done?

Last edited:
What shifter are you using,
G25 shifter works ok, that's the only one i've used with the sim whether its connected to the wheel or with a Bodnar gable direct to the back of a pc with a usb.
1.jpg

Last edited:
I use a Fanatec, I notice that your shifter is first B1 all the way to reverse B7.
My Shifter works with all the other SIMs. from AC to Race 07 and (almost) all existing in between. ;)
First is B14 all the way to B19.

What fanatec shifter are you using exactly?
I have a CSR wheel+shifter and CSR Elite pedals. For GTL I ended up uninstalling the fanatec driver and using the logitech software with my wheel in G25/PS3/whatever mode. But I forget if a missing gear was also an issue at the time. I do remember that certain buttons I wanted to use were not available so changing the driver changed what buttons could be used in GTL even though I still cannot use them all.

What fanatec shifter are you using exactly?
I have a CSR wheel+shifter and CSR Elite pedals. For GTL I ended up uninstalling the fanatec driver and using the logitech software with my wheel in G25/PS3/whatever mode. But I forget if a missing gear was also an issue at the time. I do remember that certain buttons I wanted to use were not available so changing the driver changed what buttons could be used in GTL even though I still cannot use them all.

Hi,
I have the same wheel and pedal set up to you. What reason did you change to the G25 drivers etc. Does it just run better, do the gears work better. Be glad of any advice you can give. I'm also not sure how to get the wheel in to PS3 mode.

Thanks,

J

In case anyone still has this issue I thought I'd share a possible solution. There's a small program called Joy2key which will let you map joystick, controller and wheel buttons to something else, for instance a keystroke. So you could map the shifter buttons to for instance numpad 0-7.
I used it to bind a button on my wheel to center head tracking while running GTL, but make sure to run Joy2key as admin else it won't work with GTL.
You can also use Joy2key to get around the limit of max 3 USB devices in older sims.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 488 39.2%