5 Display Setup Working

I thought I would make this post thinking it may help others.

A couple days ago I received 3 new Dell S3220DGF 32" displays to construct my new sim rig. My goal was to use my existing computer for both the racing sim and desktop work. My sim rig sits next to my desk where I already have a 3 display setup. My problem was how to use the same computer to run a 3 display sim rig and 3 display desk setup.

In the end, I am able to create a 5 display setup using my RTX 2070 video card and the 2 video outputs from the mother board (Aorus Z370 Gaming 7). I have the 3 Dell displays connected to the video card (in surround) and the 2 desktop displays connected to my motherboard. All displays function at the same time.

All the information I had found indicated only 4 displays can be connected to a computer. I tried to connect the 6th display to the RTX however I could not get a 6 display setup to function.

Feedback or experience others have had is welcome.

Capture.PNG

I have done something similar two years ago and I think that the performance was decreased a litle in gaming (with both
integrated and dedicated gpu). You can buy a second cheap gpu for the desktop monitors.

I have done something similar two years ago and I think that the performance was decreased a litle in gaming (with both
integrated and dedicated gpu). You can buy a second cheap gpu for the desktop monitors.
Thanks for the feedback. I agree that getting a second video card will make the setup better. The one problem I have with the current 5 display setup is that I need the video card for my desktop apps to run well. I use Adobe and Topaz products in my office and they heavily utilize the video card. They will not use the video card with my current configuration.

So connecting all 6 to your Aorus 2070 Super and switching it in NVidia Control panel didn't work then? Either way the card should output to 4 displays simultaneously according to Gigabyte, does that work if the 2 motherboard connected monitors are left disconnected or can you only get 3 outputs from the card regardless?

So connecting all 6 to your Aorus 2070 Super and switching it in NVidia Control panel didn't work then? Either way the card should output to 4 displays simultaneously according to Gigabyte, does that work if the 2 motherboard connected monitors are left disconnected or can you only get 3 outputs from the card regardless?
I tried to connect 4 displays to my 2070 and none to the mother board and could not get them all to work. I could not see all 4 displays in the NVidia Control panel. I'm not sure but I think there may be a max total resolution issue. I was connecting a 4K and 3x 2K displays. Maybe if I tried to connect 4 lower resolution displays it would work. Not sure.

What are your thoughts on the S3220DGF for a triple setup? Any pictures? Also have you seen any flickering when gsync is enabled? Some people reported some so not sure if I should get these or maybe the AOC AGON AG322QC4....

I am very happy with the displays. I have only used them for about 2-3 hours of sim racing. The sims I have used include iRacing, ACC, and F1 2019. I have not noticed any flickering. I assume you mean with Freesync enabled on the monitors?

The only issue I have had is with my triple monitor stand from Next Level Racing. It runs out this stand is not designed for displays as small as 32".

Below is a photo of the setup. I have a GTtrack that will be delivered tomorrow.

APC_0138.jpg

What are your thoughts on the S3220DGF for a triple setup? Any pictures? Also have you seen any flickering when gsync is enabled? Some people reported some so not sure if I should get these or maybe the AOC AGON AG322QC4....
I should also note I bought new cables for the displays.

KabelDirekt – 8K DisplayPort Cable Version 1.4 (VESA Certified, Supports 8K 60 Hz, 4K 120 Hz, HBR3, DSC, HDR10, DP8K) – 15 feet https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JDLTY5L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_RWU5Eb4E6RHS0

I should also note I bought new cables for the displays.

KabelDirekt – 8K DisplayPort Cable Version 1.4 (VESA Certified, Supports 8K 60 Hz, 4K 120 Hz, HBR3, DSC, HDR10, DP8K) – 15 feet https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JDLTY5L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_RWU5Eb4E6RHS0

Thank you, i've read some reports online of people mentioning flickering with gsync nvidia and freesync enabled, yes. I know Dell ships a DP 1.2 cable even if the monitor has DP 1.4, maybe that's the issue (if it is, it's also dumb that Dell ships it with dp 1.2 cables).

For me it's a battle between the Dell and the aoc agon ag322qc4. I kind of like Dell more due to the company and reputation behind it.

I can see the stand extends pass the monitors, not 100% ideal. I have a Sim-Lab triple monitor stand that I'm going to use but I haven't put the profiles together yet. Just today I received my bucket seat so I can finish the GT1 Evo rig.

Sorry Billy, they should really put a warning with that stand about overhang :(
My GTtrack arrived yesterday, assemble tonight :)

I use single LG gaming 32" 1440p has adjustable stand and sits on desk
Front of rig goes under desk with back of wheel mount close to table

If I had 2 of the same monitors I could easy set them up on table moving middle one back no vibration as nothing is mounted to it

Cheap alternative to expensive stands, just got to get right size ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%