4K Replay's

Hi guys, i'm new to iFactor and was wondering if there is a way to get 4k replays in 60 fps? As it stands, i can play in 4k @ 60fps no problem, but the replays are around the 25/30 fps mark and look utterly dreadful.

There are a few things that could be causing this, and they are related to external cameras, so my assumption is that you are viewing the replays from an external camera (and obviously when you're driving you're not). So the "Post Processing" effects in your graphics settings have an impact on framerate, and mostly that of external cameras as those get more effects (such as depth of field). The solution: turn those post effects down a bit.

The second is the very nature of the external cameras that often show more of the track and cars at once than you would in your car. That means they have more to draw and therefore are slower. This depends a bit on the track and how those cameras were setup by the creator of that track. The only way to improve this is to turn down graphics settings in general.

Hope this helps.

Cheers for that matey, i've managed to get 60fps for 95% of a lap replay by setting the "Post Effects" down to Medium with the rest of the settings maxed out. So i'm happy with that. I never thought to change that as i thought it needed to be on Ultra to get DX11 to kick in.

Cheers

No, in fact I would recommend "medium" for almost anybody except if you're trying to make the highest quality screenshots. In ultra all the post processing is done at the highest possible quality, which takes a lot of GPU time and memory. Unless you are zooming into screenshots and comparing pixels, medium gets you the same effects, but at a much higher framerate.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 260 13.5%