AC 458GT2 @ Barbagallo, Wed 10th Dec 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hello everyone! This race was pretty insane. Totally different from the Ginetta race, but just as exciting (partially due to the different availability of the compounds).
@Simon Knight - I wouldn't declare myself a front runner, but I used soft tires on both stints and didn't take fuel on the stop. Definitely considered mediums and then the supersofts, but I was not delicate/fast enough to make it work.

@Fred Locklear - Yea, millimeters separated us from a rather unique collision. I saw you getting a little sideways and I thought, "Oh, he is just getting squirly out of the left hander in sector 1, no big deal. I'll see if I can make a move down the straight." Then you kept getting sideways, and more sideways, and more sideways! That's when I decided to floor the brakes, and not a second too soon!

@Ron Hämäläinen - Those last few laps after out pit stops were hair raising. I had trouble focusing on the road because every time I got a gap in traffic, you would be right on my heels in no time. It was kinda unfortunate that we couldn't take out fight to the checkered flag. I don't think that driver was on the teamspeak, thus no reply when I asked if he could let us by. Thanks for easing up a bit, Ron. I definitely knew what you were thinking, and I appreciate that!

Nice to see you guys other there, it was fun!
And welcome to AC @Troy Uyan !
~Bailey

@Troy Uyan I looked at the replay and your warping only happened a couple of times during the race. It wasn't constant. Weird. @Darien Bailey For some reason I didn't have my sound on the sim up that loud and I never noticed that I shifted down twice. The car bobbled when it did the double downshift, and I would have caught it in second gear, but once I hit the throttle (because I didnt notice I was in first till too late) the front end continued to go around. It really sucked because I was nose in to the rail and there was no way I could safely back out until everyone went by. Bummer.

Although I wasn't front running, I also went Soft/Soft. But unlike Darien, I only loaded 19L of fuel thinking it would make me a little faster. It didn't matter that I was maybe a tenth or two faster on the track because after I looked at the the video I captured it cost me about 3-5 extra seconds clicking on the fuel slider to putting in the right amount of fuel.

I am pretty sure that @Geoffroy Tassenoy loaded up with 30 laps worth of fuel and only changed tires, because he reached his pit box in front of me about 2 seconds after I reached my pit box, and he was out about 2 seconds before me. That can be all accounted for by my futzing around with the fuel slider. I won't do that again :)

The AC devs need to do some redesign of the pit menu. Either an in game menu that you can set tire/fuel before the pit or be able to set up a strategy beforehand, because you can waste way too much time messing around with the pit menu.

@Troy Uyan
Although I wasn't front running, I also went Soft/Soft. But unlike Darien, I only loaded 19L of fuel thinking it would make me a little faster. It didn't matter that I was maybe a tenth or two faster on the track because after I looked at the the video I captured it cost me about 3-5 extra seconds clicking on the fuel slider to putting in the right amount of fuel.
That's exactly why I loaded race fuel to start with. All that time is lost clicking that darn slider X number of times.
~Bailey

Glad to transform the pole. :)

Thx to @Christian Lozanov for keeping me under pressure until the end!

@Simon Knight, I used soft compound for both stints, with a tires wear of 97% at the end.
And as supposed by @Fred Locklear, I didn't refilled fuel. For now, you loose to much time by choosing the right quantity...

And thx for all the lapped guys, not easy on this short track.;)
See you next!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing