AC 458 vs F40 vs KTM vs 211 vs MP412C @ Mugello - Wed 27th August 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Ah, someone else for the 2-Eleven! Wonderful! I can tell you for sure that with those other cars on the track, it will be impossible to avoid being traffic in a 2-Eleven. My record is 2:11 and change, but that was with automatic clutch and paddle shifters, and possibly stability control. Using a clutch pedal, I haven't been able to approach that yet.

Ah, someone else for the 2-Eleven! Wonderful! I can tell you for sure that with those other cars on the track, it will be impossible to avoid being traffic in a 2-Eleven. My record is 2:11 and change, but that was with automatic clutch and paddle shifters, and possibly stability control. Using a clutch pedal, I haven't been able to approach that yet.

I drove testing today.. best lap today 2.18. with 211 paddleshift auto clutch.. on Wednesday is it allowed with paddleshift autoclutch?

I asked about assists earlier, and the answer was that the races are done in "Pro" mode. With the 2-Eleven, the only assist native to the car is ABS, so auto clutch must not be allowed. Up till now, I've been ignoring the middle pedal and assigning the left pedal to the brakes, and doing left-foot braking, with auto clutch. I like that, but that won't work without auto clutch; uphifts are no problem, but downshifts will cause the rear tires to break loose and spin you.

...but downshifts will cause the rear tires to break loose and spin you.
I tried the 2-eleven yesterday. Don't hurry on downshifting (don't brake with engine downshifting to 3rd or even worse to 2nd gear) wait until the breaks do the job and then apply 3rd or 2nd gear. Maybe I'm wrong but that was the only way I could prevent a spin.
KTM although doesn't has abs is much more stable but booth of them are much more slower than Mclaren (for me).
I wish everybody an interesting race!

I also did a few laps in the 2-11 a moment ago and i'm about half a second slower than with the 458 (wich i have a bit more practice with). I would say the 2-11 is competetive in this group, but it is a bit harder to drive than i remembered. It is very important that you don't overdrive the car. A little bit too fast on turn in and you easily lose the rear, too early on the throttle causes massive understeer and so on. You need to be very smooth with this car and avoid sliding as much as you can. As Aris said, if you downshift too early and don't match the revs with a throttle blip, engine braking will spin the car.

Anyways, it's definitely gonna be an interesting race :)

I tried the 2-eleven yesterday. Don't hurry on downshifting (don't brake with engine downshifting to 3rd or even worse to 2nd gear) wait until the breaks do the job and then apply 3rd or 2nd gear. Maybe I'm wrong but that was the only way I could prevent a spin.

No, you are right. I drive without clutch/shifter and this is the best way to go. Downshifting two/three gears will spin you, but if you brake first and downshift at the very last before accelerating you will be fine.

I'll probably gonna sign up for this race with F40, I just need to double check things before I commit. :)

KTM although doesn't has abs is much more stable but booth of them are much more slower than Mclaren (for me).
I wish everybody an interesting race!
I agree that the KTM is more stable compared to the 2-11. The downside is that you have to be extra careful with the brakes because they lock up easier than you'd expect!

@Rui Santos TS is mandatory for this event. It is clearly stated on the first post. It makes the whole experience way better and that way we can avoid common issues of big grid races.

One more thing - which tires do we use?
There are no tyre restrictions for this event, but if you want to be competitive I'd suggest the semis ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back