45' of Gameplay from AC Competizione

GTSPR-MIS-Asetto_Corsa.jpg

Kunos shows more of their eagerly awaited sim at Misano.

During recent Blancpain GT Series race weekend at Misano (22 - 24 June), one of the main points of interests, aside from the thrilling race itself, was provided from Kunos Simulazioni, which brought a tech-demo of their new title, Assetto Corsa Competizione, to the Italian venue for people to try. AK Informatica provided the necessary simracing cockpits that were installed in the paddock, with the developers on hand for suggestions and feedback from both professional drivers and casual users.

The demo was somewhat different from the one showed at the E3. The players could still choose between two different hotlap challenges (being one in dry and one in damp conditions) and two different race setups (first one was a race ran under bad weather; second one a race held at dusk, transitioning to night time). The cars available this time were the Ferrari 488 GT3, the Lamborghini Huracán GT3, the Mercedes AMG GT3 and finally the Audi R8 LMS GT3. The track was obviously a laser-scanned virtual recreation of Misano.

The footage captured shows the demo running under all of the previously cited setups, while cycling through all the camera options available in game.

The AI looks to be driving fairly nicely, and there are no signs of major issues with their algorithm. As a note of criticism, they also look very static and not that much aggressive though, being mostly content with following one another. They also seem to attack curbs, especially under wet conditions, more than it would be feasible in real life given the same circumstances. The same was also possible for the player. Developers were re-assuring that the behaviour of the AI in this demo was tweaked ad hoc and that this specific matter was intentionally present so to avoid them having troubles running correctly around the track, while backstage they are working hard on polishing their code. The issues just mentioned, according to them, will not affect final release.

Professional driver, competing with Attempto Racing in an Audi R8 LMS GT3, and enthusiast sim-racer, part of Team Redline, Kelvin van der Linde, was able to test the demo, and gave a very positive feedback about it, being overall impressed with the quality of the new sim made by Kunos.

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What are your impressions about the demo? Are you looking forward to try Assetto Corsa Competizione? Have you been able to test the game at either Los Angeles or Misano?

Let us know in the comments!

Last edited:
I haven't been this excited about an upcoming sim-title since GP3; the weather looks fantastic but more importantly, according to feedback apparently feels great too, finally. Looking at the promise that AC was a couple of years ago, what we have now and where this title is heading is just impressive. Everything the community has asked for in the past; AI improvements, a multiplayer rating system, weather/night&day transitions, it's all slowly becoming a reality. Hats off.:thumbsup:

Boring?
We are all here, motorsport fans. We like to watch and drive this beautiful machines (all of them).
From my (not so vast) experience I can tell, there is no boring cars. I had beautiful races and door to door fight with GT3 with 2CV, with historic mods, with ... sooo many cars. Not the cars make the race. The peoples make it. And here at RD are a lot of people who can make the race EXCITING !!!

Unless us modders learn Unreal Engine, which I have asked about, modding will not happen, it will not be supported at this present time.

Unreal Engine is simple to learn, there's documentation everywhere. I don't much like their wierd version of C++ with C# bits, but I'm not sure how relevant code mods are going to be for ACC, but the visual blueprints are fairly simple and importing whatever assets you want is really easy. Can only assume that anything physics related is going to be vaguely like AC given iirc the physics engine itself is vaguely like AC, the main sticking point for us will be decyphering the packaging.

Hope not lost.

Boring?
We are all here, motorsport fans. We like to watch and drive this beautiful machines (all of them).
From my (not so vast) experience I can tell, there is no boring cars. I had beautiful races and door to door fight with GT3 with 2CV, with historic mods, with ... sooo many cars. Not the cars make the race. The peoples make it. And here at RD are a lot of people who can make the race EXCITING !!!
Hey i'm not a motorsport fan & i do not care about racing people. But i'm completely behind this game, GT3s are of course the most popular & obvious some think boring for me i do not use them any more or less than any other class in AC including road cars but in this case I think the payoff will be the best Ai out there & most realistic sim ever. If somebody said you could race a GT3 car in real life most would wet themselves. I like the variety of AC also but hopefully this game is a good foundation for them to make other titles either AC2 or more specific classes again.

• Deleted member 113561

I'm not sure if I am allowed to do so. :-(
I wouldn't want anybody to quote posts from me which I wrote in a "closed" forum/thread. (cloes = not open to everybody; I don't know the correct word for it)
You can for sure if you didn't sign a NDA!

no vr video yet? i hope it will be supported, cannot drive without anymore :/
C'mon mate. Really?

Unreal Engine is simple to learn, there's documentation everywhere. I don't much like their wierd version of C++ with C# bits, but I'm not sure how relevant code mods are going to be for ACC, but the visual blueprints are fairly simple and importing whatever assets you want is really easy. Can only assume that anything physics related is going to be vaguely like AC given iirc the physics engine itself is vaguely like AC, the main sticking point for us will be decyphering the packaging.

Hope not lost.

Kunos let the door open but will not advise you how to go through :)

There are so many intelligent people in this community to make it possible to make this step :thumbsup:

Greets After_Midnight

Unless us modders learn Unreal Engine, which I have asked about, modding will not happen, it will not be supported at this present time.

I cannot give you ref, as this was a private conversation with @kunos and Stefano

Shaun

Anything is possible with a positive approach.
UE4 uses plugins to mod we just need to study how the editor uses plugins.
I'm going to experiment with Unreal tournament or Ark this weekend, see if I can "cook" something sweet up.

Hope not lost.
In that case, I will wait, and do what I did with AC.....Rip apart a car, and start from the ground up and learn what does what..........and then when it all goes tits up, bug the hell out of @stefano and Aris :roflmao:

Thanks mate, I have read most of them already, but I am just pure physics, not the 3d model or GFX side of things

Lots to learn I guess, but like somebody said above, somewhere, GTR2 had mods, so need to do a little investigation

Shaun

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back