45' of Gameplay from AC Competizione

GTSPR-MIS-Asetto_Corsa.jpg

Kunos shows more of their eagerly awaited sim at Misano.

During recent Blancpain GT Series race weekend at Misano (22 - 24 June), one of the main points of interests, aside from the thrilling race itself, was provided from Kunos Simulazioni, which brought a tech-demo of their new title, Assetto Corsa Competizione, to the Italian venue for people to try. AK Informatica provided the necessary simracing cockpits that were installed in the paddock, with the developers on hand for suggestions and feedback from both professional drivers and casual users.

The demo was somewhat different from the one showed at the E3. The players could still choose between two different hotlap challenges (being one in dry and one in damp conditions) and two different race setups (first one was a race ran under bad weather; second one a race held at dusk, transitioning to night time). The cars available this time were the Ferrari 488 GT3, the Lamborghini Huracán GT3, the Mercedes AMG GT3 and finally the Audi R8 LMS GT3. The track was obviously a laser-scanned virtual recreation of Misano.

The footage captured shows the demo running under all of the previously cited setups, while cycling through all the camera options available in game.

The AI looks to be driving fairly nicely, and there are no signs of major issues with their algorithm. As a note of criticism, they also look very static and not that much aggressive though, being mostly content with following one another. They also seem to attack curbs, especially under wet conditions, more than it would be feasible in real life given the same circumstances. The same was also possible for the player. Developers were re-assuring that the behaviour of the AI in this demo was tweaked ad hoc and that this specific matter was intentionally present so to avoid them having troubles running correctly around the track, while backstage they are working hard on polishing their code. The issues just mentioned, according to them, will not affect final release.

Professional driver, competing with Attempto Racing in an Audi R8 LMS GT3, and enthusiast sim-racer, part of Team Redline, Kelvin van der Linde, was able to test the demo, and gave a very positive feedback about it, being overall impressed with the quality of the new sim made by Kunos.

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What are your impressions about the demo? Are you looking forward to try Assetto Corsa Competizione? Have you been able to test the game at either Los Angeles or Misano?

Let us know in the comments!

Last edited:
Its all GT racing, sorry bored now, just my personal opinion

It will be AC with GT2/GT3 cars at Monza all over again :( we have all been there, seen it
100% agree. Last time everywhere You look at some sim race production a nr 1 theme is GT3/GTE...Than is no more Sim racing production. It's like F1 2018 and something like....One series game. I don't need and don't wanna...Ofcourse...earlier or later I buy but... I'm for now disapointed a little.

Unless us modders learn Unreal Engine, which I have asked about, modding will not happen, it will not be supported at this present time.

you've learnt the ksEditor.. you'll also learn the VASTLY superior UE4 Editor and all the possibilities it can open up.
The world is moving, the only way to go is forward.. and the only place people not willing to learn new stuff will end up is at the back of the pack.

cheers

Ryno, there's another interesting license owned by SRO Motorsports:
Screenshot_2018-07-04_Official_Site_of_Blancpain_GT_Series.png

http://ultracar-gt1.com/cars/

Check out the cars in this competition!
@kunos already have the license of half of these cars already for Assetto Corsa.
Therefore, licensing Ultracar GT1 would be amazing for all the people who loved AC and loves hypercars and an interesting addition for ACC.

It would make happy a lot of people, which means: selling more copies of ACC.
And since I created the Ultracar GT1 in AC, thanks to modding, I can assure you it's damn funny as competition!
This with GT4 could be a potential very nice alternative. Let’s see.

• Deleted member 241736

Reading this is disgusting, can you guys openyour eyes?

I bet most of the guys saying that will not buy it, will be on steam putting their money at the very first day.:)
?? Who said “won‘t buy it“ ? No one here! We love our AC and we will love ACC. But to question must be allowed.

DLC can definitely make this a HUGE title!
let's not forget that original plan for AC was also just a few cars and tracks

something like Pirelli World Challenge would be great (especially the TC and GT4 classes) , and WEC of course!

I'm pretty sure I will buy it , mostly likely during the Early Access too, so that I can play around and wait to see if someone comes up with a way to get stuff into it ;)
if it was possible ( although on rather small scale) to get stuff into PCARS, I'm sure it will be possible for ACC too !

yeah, can't wait to see more of this

If you're a serious simracer, you'd want ACC. It's funny how some people keeps bashing it because of GT cars and non-modable officially. If you read and watch up on ACC, it's the next lovechild of Kunos, with the next step in physics overall. It's not just rain/night, it's the the same approach to getting things right the Kunos way with things they implement. I simply cannot wait to try a mp season in ACC with fellow skilled racers, knowing how much into detail ACC will strive for regarding the real Blancpain, a series I hardly even watch. To me it's about connecting with the sim, the car and the physics, while getting all immersed. I'm sure ACC will bring this in spades to my rig, while I'll still be firing up old AC, mods, etc.

Last edited:
We have Assetto, Iracing, Project Cars 2, rFactor 2, Raceroom and Automobilista... 6 sims with no focus on a specific series which instead offer a variety of cars from wide range of types and years.

Kunos now decides to offer something different, focused on a specific series (officially licensed), which is something many have been asking for since the good ol' days of GTR2, and yet people complain that ACC isn't the same as the other 6 sims already on the market?

Why? Whats the point of making every sim the same?

When you focus all your resources in a single car-type you can, in theory, take things much further in depth, detail and realism, than if you have to split and adapt your engine to work across a wide range of cars. Not to mention all the information and inside-knowledge that Kunos will only have access to thanks to their official deal with Blancpain.

The possible result of this focused attention excites me, even if GT3 is not necessarily my favorite class. And if it didn't, the other 6 sims I mentioned in the beginning are all out there in the marked ready for me to play them, so I don't see what is there to complain about.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back